Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

21 hours ago, POEman553 said:

If this can be read a certain way, this may mean we'll see more server shutdowns from EA in the near future. Probably not even Battlefield is safe.

Things were already quite bad as it is with them...well more last minute plats coming our way this year ☠️

"drive creativity" they mean the ever non changing sport series? 😅

Edited by Rejim
  • Like 4

https://kotaku.com/borderlands-4-gearbox-embracer-acquisition-1851297286

Different news in wake of all the ever constant Embracer Group closures, Gearbox may be getting sold. No idea what this will hold for them or their IPs.

https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-theatrhythm-broken-wrc-leap-day-bug-ps4-1851298039

Also be aware there's bugs effecting some games today due to the extra leap year day. Where some become unplayable. Keep this in mind before anyone reports server outages.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

https://kotaku.com/borderlands-4-gearbox-embracer-acquisition-1851297286

Different news in wake of all the ever constant Embracer Group closures, Gearbox may be getting sold. No idea what this will hold for them or their IPs.

https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-theatrhythm-broken-wrc-leap-day-bug-ps4-1851298039

Also be aware there's bugs effecting some games today due to the extra leap year day. Where some become unplayable. Keep this in mind before anyone reports server outages.

I guess we can expect a wave of patches in the near future then, to ensure those games don't hit this problem again in the future.

3 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Ray Gigant has been delisted on Steam but is apparently still up on PSN for Vita. It has the same publisher on Steam as on PSN so it may be gone soon. If I had to take a guess it's still up because Sony's support for Vita publishers barely exists.

It has a physical copy but it was from LRG so they are few in numbers on eBay and most are pretty expensive. 

It is a Japanese dungeon crawler RPG from Experience Inc. 

I've deliberated over purchasing this for years now. This was the push I needed to acquire it.

Among Vita dungeon crawlers, I recall it had a mixed reception from players, compared to titles like Demon Gaze, Dungeon Travelers 2, or Stranger of Sword City. But it's reasonably priced for a (presumably shorter) JRPG on PSN, so it might not be a bad investment.

Lately, it's not uncommon for the Vita version of games to elude delistings while its PS4 counterpart gets axed. Natural Doctrine (also still on PS3), The Lost Child, Demon Gaze II, Hatoful Boyfriend, Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star, Summon Night 6, Atelier Sophie, and Atelier Firis all come to mind. Granted, Ray Gigant doesn't meet the same criteria by being console exclusive to PS Vita.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Seriously???

Any dev who forgets about leap years is a fucking moron... 😕

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I guess we can expect a wave of patches in the near future then, to ensure those games don't hit this problem again in the future.

Well seeing as EA also has to make a post earlier saying hey change your system date ahead to March 1st... lol I'm guessing it's low on their priority.

Side note too I forgot to add earlier but if this happens to any game it's better to hold off for the day on hunting trophies if possible. Changing the date in some cases could possibly affect the trophy sync by giving it an irregular timestamp. Not every time but still a rare possibility. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Ray Gigant has been delisted on Steam but is apparently still up on PSN for Vita. It has the same publisher on Steam as on PSN so it may be gone soon. If I had to take a guess it's still up because Sony's support for Vita publishers barely exists.

It has a physical copy but it was from LRG so they are few in numbers on eBay and most are pretty expensive. 

It is a Japanese dungeon crawler RPG from Experience Inc. 

this is either a us exclusive release or its been delisted now as its not up on the uk store.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

this is either a us exclusive release or its been delisted now as its not up on the uk store.

This is a tweet from yesterday showing the game's price in GBP so the delisting is happened at some point in the past 19 hours. Unsure if it's still up in NA.  

• Like 1

Apparently Balatro has been temporarily delisted as an issue with the ratings board has been brought up.

I've checked NA store and it is still there, might just be a Nintendo issue but just an FYI in case it affects PSN.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, luketheduke12 said:

Ray Gigant is gone from the NA Vita store, as well. All I know is it was available 12-13 hours ago.

Talk about a short notice. If I hadn't viewed this topic last night, I would've missed out.

yeah multiple times i would have missed games (1-7 days notice) if not for this thread

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, imminent-file5 said:

You mean this?

What a joke of a company, it has went down several times even before the announcement. :yay:

Yeah, I do. It was supposed to shut down on the 31st but Ivory Tower and Goobersoft decided yesterday was the day it seems.

8 minutes ago, x49ersblitzkreig said:

Yeah, I do. It was supposed to shut down on the 31st but Ivory Tower and Goobersoft decided yesterday was the day it seems.

It was down temporarily and now it's back up. Nothing to get excited about. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ryan Industries said:

A reminder that Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds (PSV) & Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds -Overdrive- (PS4) will be DELISTED on Monday (March 4, 2024). The game has 3 DLC's (2 of them have additional trophies, FRAU ADDITIONAL PACK & PBBGOD - Additional Character: Kurisu Makise). The DLC's are CROSS-BUYS, meaning if you buy the DLC for the PS4 version, the PS Vita DLC will be free. However this does NOT work for the base game(s), if you want both games, you have to buy them individually. If you buy both games & DLC, make sure to claim the free DLC on the other platform BEFORE it gets delisted (on the PS Vita it may still list a price but it should be free).

The PS Vita version has 5 online trophies, 2 in the base game & 3 in the DLC:

Base Game:

Like a Scavenger

As a Phantom Breaker

DLC:

Kurisu and Phantom Breaker

Kurisu and the Scavenger

Frau and Phantom Breaker

The online should take under an hour and they can apparently can be unlocked in Adhoc as well. The PS4 version has the same trophy list but those 5 trophies can be done offline with 2 controllers (I tested this today) or in online co-op. The description for "Frau and Phantom Breaker" trophy (PS4) does say "Clear any stage in online co-op play while playing as Frau" but this is a typo, it can be unlocked in offline co-op. I just earned the trophy with 2 controllers:

Phantom-Breaker-Battlegrounds-Overdrive-

The PS4/PSV have physical copies but it was through Limited Run Games, so they are very expensive and will probably go up in price. The DLC is included on the PS4 disc version but I can't find any confirmation if the DLC is included on the PS Vita cartridge. I made a small spreadsheet as well:

phantom.png

Photo-PLAYSTATION-2024-3-1-11-58-27.jpg

I own a physical copy of phantom breakers on vita, I have never actually put it in my console to test if it has the dlc on cart, but it has the dlc characters in the instruction manual, I will pop it in tonight when I can to test just to make sure

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NeuralPotato said:

Nothing to get excited about. 

The Crew suffered 3 error codes after the announcement, not only that but new players aren't even able to play the game.

Anything new that comes out of it is prone to get worrying, but hopefully players will be able to finish on the predicted date closure.

• Like 1

Thank goodness for game preservation efforts. With games being delisted all the time, all the hard work and funding from passionate individuals and groups will ensure these games continue to live on.

I know ps4 has some of it's digital library archived, but ps3 and Vita have been well preserved.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ABE_915 said:

Apparently Balatro has been temporarily delisted as an issue with the ratings board has been brought up.

I've checked NA store and it is still there, might just be a Nintendo issue but just an FYI in case it affects PSN.

I assume that the Rating board in question is Pegi as they did a ratings change a while back where gambling in your game means you would get the pegi 18 rating 

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/09/new_pegi_gambling_criteria_means_remakes_of_old_pokemon_games_could_be_rated_18plus

Just checked on the UK PSN Store and it's had it's rating changed to Pegi 18 

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP3495-PPSA21402_00-0421077938281357

So overall, its seems to be a spat with Pegi. might want to keep an eye on it though in case something happens 

• Like 4