Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

1 minute ago, imminent-file5 said:

Getting top 10, top 50 & winning a solo match. Devs never bothered to fix it, since their last maintenance update was made in 2021.

What a shame, the game maybe needed a little more polish and updates to keep the flow, because at that time there werent many free to play battle royale games for consoles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Pretty sure it's just for PS3 and also pretty sure it doesn't affect the plat

Ahhhh you Know something! You are right... I just woke up when I posted this and I was confused with the consoles.. Ps3 dark souls is shutting down.. Ps4 will be fine! 

9 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Pretty sure it's just for PS3 and also pretty sure it doesn't affect the plat

Correct, whenever either Dark Souls 2 server shuffles off, the plat will not be affected. Items normally acquired through multiplayer covenants either have alternate ways to rank up in the covenant or alternate means to acquire the rewards for the covenant.

• Like 3

On 2/12/2024 at 11:36 PM, Needles said:

In the Blowfish Studios Discord server, I received confirmation in the general chat that Obey Me will be delisted on all platforms.

While there is a physical version, it seems to be PEGI rated, so it’s the European version. There are two trophy stacks (NA and EU), and the EU stack is tagged as unobtainable on PSNP+ with no 100% achievers. The NA version has a few 100% achievers so it at least seems doable…

On 2/12/2024 at 11:45 PM, NajiLionheart said:

I did get that game on a sale some time ago, around 1.99$ I think. Didn't know the EU version's platinum is unnobtainable.

On 2/13/2024 at 8:32 AM, tony_snake_24 said:

That really sucks, that there is a disc copy only for EU and it's impossible to 100% the EU version. So I guess the only option if you want the game is paying the full 20$ for a digital NA copy. The clock is ticking. Less than 2 days before the 15th.

Where did this rumour start?

The only mention I can find is one person on here from 2020 and everyone seems to reference that.  I decided to see if it was

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10639-obey-me/Dark_Overlord

and can happily report that everyone saying that is wrong :)

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

The only mention I can find is one person on here from 2020 and everyone seems to reference that.  I decided to see if it was

The PSNP+ master list is curated by humans that don't have time to play every game, think the top 3 contributors are @HuntingFever, @shary96 and @serrated-banner9 with a few others posting as well. These things are bound to slip through the cracks, and no one wants to be the guinea pig for the most part. With a game that has such few owners as this, it might have been that a dev has since released a patch for the game fixing said trophy - the post was from 2020 after all. Reports like these are useful, same with people who post threads who showcase how the earned a specific glitched trophy like @PraiseTheFluppi with Ark Park a few days ago.

Even if people DON'T have PSNP+, the 0.00% probably scared them off, and you can't really blame them. Regardless, glad it's obtainable and I appreciate you testing the game out. Guess it's time to find a disc.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Haha, that's awesome. I was checking the game's page and noticed you were playing it and had a high percentage of completion, so I checked and you already had one of the 0.00% trophies. Good to hear the plat is obtainable, and congrats on being the first achiever. The game had 0 plat achievers and it being flagged as unobtainable in psnp+ was convincing enough to people. Thanks for confirming it's not :).

I can also confirm that, since yesterday, the game is no longer in the EU stores (a bit before the 15th). But some hours into the 15th, it still showed up on NA. I just checked and it's gone from NA too. 

I bought the NA version to be safe but it's good that the EU one is still accessible via physical copies. Long live Physical.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Haha, that's awesome. I was checking the game's page and noticed you were playing it and had a high percentage of completion, so I checked and you already had one of the 0.00% trophies. Good to hear the plat is obtainable, and congrats on being the first achiever. The game had 0 plat achievers and it being flagged as unobtainable in psnp+ was convincing enough to people. Thanks for confirming it's not :).

I can also confirm that, since yesterday, the game is no longer in the EU stores (a bit before the 15th). But some hours into the 15th, it still showed up on NA. I just checked and it's gone from NA too. 

I bought the NA version to be safe but it's good that the EU one is still accessible via physical copies. Long live Physical.

I did try to get it done before the delisting so people could buy it if it was obtainable, sadly a few things popped up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Awesome that you were able to get 100%. Thanks for being the guinea pig. Wasn’t trying to spread a rumor - the game was tagged as unobtainable and had no 100% achievers - those were the facts at the time!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dark_Overlord said:

If that was one of my reports, I apologise for the mistake :(.

• Like 3

Remedy has acquired full rights to the Control franchise from 505 games.

https://investors.remedygames.com/announcements/remedy-entertainment-plc-inside-information-remedy-acquires-full-rights-to-the-control-franchise-from-505-games/

505 Games will continue as the publisher of Control through a transition period ending December 31, 2024.

In addition, 505 Games continues to administrate existing B2B deals for Control until their agreed expiration dates.

So we can expect Control to be delisted and Remedy to relist it. Remains to be seen if they will bother to relist the PS4 version or if the new versions will have a new trophy list.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

https://investors.remedygames.com/announcements/remedy-entertainment-plc-inside-information-remedy-acquires-full-rights-to-the-control-franchise-from-505-games/

So we can expect Control to be delisted and Remedy to relist it. Remains to be seen if they will bother to relist the PS4 version or if the new versions will have a new trophy list.

I so badly hope for a new trophy list, would love to have more reasons to play that amazing game

3 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

Even if it does get pulled, Control Ultimate Edition has the DLC on disc, right? I claimed it through PS Plus way back when, so I don't know about the state of the Ultimate Edition.