Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

12 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Word of caution on multiple titles with live service from Eidos Montreal could get impacted in the future. The company was recently hit by layoffs including Dev Teams and Support Service staff.

As some people know shortly after folding into Embracer Group they Marvel's Avengers went on life support. Some other servers like Tomb Raider series have also gone down periodically. If something happens to their servers even unintentionally it could be who knows how long or if they come back.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/eidos-montreal-lays-off-97-staffers

As well as the Tomb Raider series mentioned already, I'm guessing the online mode for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided could also be at risk now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

I Thought Shadow Of The Tomb Raider had no online trophies, guess I better check again as I swore there were none.

Edit: oops, it has no online trophies, so it's all good.

As long as the online leaderboards aren't needed for the Time Attack and Score Attack DLC Trophies.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2024 at 11:07 PM, shipper321 said:

https://x.com/stephentotilo/status/1752444899310342399?s=20

Spec Ops: The Line was delisted from Steam a few days ago, this now extends to all other versions (GOG, X360, PS3). It's currently still up on those platforms, but it'll likely be delisted soon. This was a PS Plus title many moons ago so you might already have it. Obviously there's physical copies but due to the status of this game it's bound to go up in value once it's pulled.

Edit: Checked the UK PS3 store, it's gone.

damn 

such a great game too

luckily there are no online trophies

On 1/30/2024 at 10:11 AM, UnboundedCash99 said:

Super Mega Baseball 2 has unfortunately been silently delisted off all storefronts on January 26. Reasons are unknown and the developers have not made any comments at this time. Digital only release and no physical version exists at this time.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2155-CUSA04197_00-SMB2GAME00000000

hope they bring this back in some way because i literally wishlisted this a few weeks ago

Super Mega Baseball 2 will go offline on July 24, 2024 on all platforms.

Not sure how this will affect trophies, stat tracking, etc.

Source:

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/r-z

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Devil May Cry 4 and Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition seem to have been removed from Steam with no warning. Might be worth keeping an eye on

Alot of Capcom Games are being removed and readded as it is to do with Games For Windows issues.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Not really "upcoming", but all Midnight Works titles appear to have been delisted in the store this morning. This includes 59 released titles, 7 upcoming releases, and 3 releases that weren't currently syncing. Their Steam and Xbox releases seem to be unimpacted.

This is actually great news! They release the worst, most blatant rip offs of actual good games. I'll be glad to not see their trash plague the store from now on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

About Devil May Cry 4, was it the 2008 version or the Special Edition? If it’s the 2008 version, then I believe it’s physical only for PS3 and doesn’t have any trophy lists (although X360 does have achievements list) so nothing to worry about.

I can argue the same for DMC3:SE too, it may be the PS2 version equivalent since for PS3/4, DMC3:SE is combined with DMC1 and DMC2 under DMC HD Collection and I don’t remember it as a standalone title for those platforms.

Your guess is correct, they delisted the original PC releases of the games.

Those versions are incredibly old and pointless for the average player (there are differences but nothing you're going to notice unless you've already played those original versions for like a bazillion hours.) I actually see a surprising amount of people coming onto the DMC sub on reddit and ask which version of the games they should buy, so it seems to confuse a lot of newcomers. Wouldn't surprise me if that is why Capcom just ditched them. Though the Games for Windows Live thing would make sense too at least for DMC4 since it came out around the time GFW was a thing I believe. I don't remember when the original PC release of DMC3 came along, might actually pre-date GFW lol.

Anyhow, 4SE and the HD collection are still there on Steam so I don't think it's a sign of anything.

• Like 4

Final Fight: Double impact seems to be totally unplayable on ps3 systems now. I have two, one with the game installed. That throws up an error when trying to start the game. The other system, I cannot download it at all.

Its currently available to stream on plus but you can’t play it natively on ps3 now.

10 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Final Fight: Double impact seems to be totally unplayable on ps3 systems now. I have two, one with the game installed. That throws up an error when trying to start the game. The other system, I cannot download it at all.

Its currently available to stream on plus but you can’t play it natively on ps3 now.

Yeah… nothing new. It seems like just one download allowed. Look:

1 hour ago, Desavenencia said:

Yeah… nothing new. It seems like just one download allowed. Look:

I’ve definitely downloaded it afew times when I’ve changed consoles and hdds have died. The one I was playing it on no longer works either :(

2 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I’ve definitely downloaded it afew times when I’ve changed consoles and hdds have died. The one I was playing it on no longer works either :(

Have you unlinked the old consoles from your account? Otherwise you may run into the download limit of 2 or at first 5 different consoles. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ConAir said:

Have you unlinked the old consoles from your account? Otherwise you may run into the download limit of 2 or at first 5 different consoles. 

Final Fight came out in 2010?  PS3 reduced the download limit in 2011 I believe, so yeah, that might be causing problems.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I have the same issue (can't even download it) I eventually ask to playstation about it and even after doing what they told me (Deactivate and activate system again) it didn't work at all, no good answer or solution coming from them, nothing new eh!?

I really wanted to play it 🤔

Toys for Bob may have been shutdown. I think only one stack of the Skylanders series required online(but it's servers are already long gone). They also put out stuff like Crash and Spyro. Crash Team Rumble requires online for many trophies and I would guess would be the most at risk.

• Like 3