Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

47 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

@Ryan Industries

Just tested my vita copy it did not contain the DLC, which is really shitty. I thought it did. Had to buy the characters separately, so if anyone is looking to buy a physical vita copy thinking it's a complete version, it's not. Frau and Kurisu DLC has to be bought separately.

Thanks for confirming. I kind of figured since on the LRG website, it listed the features of both the PS4 & PSV versions but only the PS4 version said "DLC Included on Disc".

• Like 4

12 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

I assume that the Rating board in question is Pegi as they did a ratings change a while back where gambling in your game means you would get the pegi 18 rating 

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/09/new_pegi_gambling_criteria_means_remakes_of_old_pokemon_games_could_be_rated_18plus

Just checked on the UK PSN Store and it's had it's rating changed to Pegi 18 

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP3495-PPSA21402_00-0421077938281357

So overall, its seems to be a spat with Pegi. might want to keep an eye on it though in case something happens 

Correct this is mostly due to new regulations coming from the EU where games that have or mimick gambling have been getting ratings retroactively adjusted if their content is being consumed by minors.

Though this is the first time I'm hearing of them removing said games over it completely, so far it's only been a case by case basis mostly in the countries that have had their laws updated. This could affect overall most of the stores containing European versions including possibly Australia and New Zealand.

Edit: I checked out the gameplay of Balatro and seems PEGI was right to reclassify the game as having gambling. It's a poker based games where you still win in game money through Ante's and Scoring. Is it not real world gambling? Sure. But it's still simulates gambling in their own way and the devs are lying through their teeth saying it's not.

13 hours ago, imminent-file5 said:

The Crew suffered 3 error codes after the announcement, not only that but new players aren't even able to play the game.

Anything new that comes out of it is prone to get worrying, but hopefully players will be able to finish on the predicted date closure.

The error codes caused by the other day was issues related to PSN and not The Crew's servers. I had these issues as well and after checking it out there was a weird blackout for some PSN users that had to do with sign in verification. (You could appear online but for some reason for a few hours games like The Crew wouldn't register you as being online.) The issue has seemed to fix itself. You can track reports for stuff like this through sites like downdetector.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Correct this is mostly due to new regulations coming from the EU where games that have or mimick gambling have been getting ratings retroactively adjusted if their content is being consumed by minors.

The UK is not in the EU (anymore) and European rating agencies act independently from the governments. Also, other european ratings agencies (e.g. Germany's USK) have made no such change. This is a PEGI internal decision, not an EU one.

Edited by shadaik
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, shadaik said:

The UK is not in the EU (anymore) and European rating agencies act independently from the governments. Also, other european ratings agencies (e.g. Germany's USK) have made no such change. This is a PEGI internal decision, not an EU one.

I realize that UK is not part of the EU and never said this. But the fact remains due to some countries within the EU attempting to change things in regards to gambling and monetization in games there has been considerable changes from the PEGI which is considered the primary organization when it comes to ratings games through majority of the EU or European Continent. (And yes depsite their seperation this also includes the UK as they still use the PEGI rating system.)

Each countries government authority in charge of this opts to use PEGIs ratings and terms which also means yes they opt in to their changes. And yes this can affect game sales in multiple countries, if publishers or stores that accept the PEGI rating system don't wish to have certain games made available by specific ratings. The PEGI system itself is set up and based by Belgium law and why it's as strict as it is with these changes.

The changes happening are nothing new and have been coming for a while seen pre-covid. It's not that this situation matters anyways as I mentioned above after looking over gameplay the devs clearly lied and there is still gambling mechanics in the game even if minor compared to other poker style games.

The main point though is that having a gambling label slapped onto the game besides the age rating alone may have the game barred or removed in some regions which is what the devs were trying to communicate.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Ryan Industries said:

A reminder that Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds (PSV) & Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds -Overdrive- (PS4) will be DELISTED on Monday (March 4, 2024). The game has 3 DLC's (2 of them have additional trophies, FRAU ADDITIONAL PACK & PBBGOD - Additional Character: Kurisu Makise). The DLC's are CROSS-BUYS, meaning if you buy the DLC for the PS4 version, the PS Vita DLC will be free. However this does NOT work for the base game(s), if you want both games, you have to buy them individually. If you buy both games & DLC, make sure to claim the free DLC on the other platform BEFORE it gets delisted (on the PS Vita it may still list a price but it should be free).

The PS Vita version has 5 online trophies, 2 in the base game & 3 in the DLC:

Base Game:

Like a Scavenger

As a Phantom Breaker

DLC:

Kurisu and Phantom Breaker

Kurisu and the Scavenger

Frau and Phantom Breaker

The online should take under an hour and they can apparently be unlocked in Adhoc as well. The PS4 version has the same trophy list but those 5 trophies can be done offline with 2 controllers (I tested this today) or in online co-op. The description for "Frau and Phantom Breaker" trophy (PS4) does say "Clear any stage in online co-op play while playing as Frau" but this is a typo, it can be unlocked in offline co-op. I just earned the trophy with 2 controllers:

Phantom-Breaker-Battlegrounds-Overdrive-

The PS4/PSV have physical copies but it was through Limited Run Games, so they are very expensive and will probably go up in price. The DLC is included on the PS4 disc version but I can't find any confirmation if the DLC is included on the PS Vita cartridge. @DEI2EK has confirmed that the retail copy for the PS Vita does NOT include the DLC. I made a small spreadsheet as well:

phantom.png

Photo-PLAYSTATION-2024-3-1-11-58-27.jpg

Damn wish I knew that sooner regarding the Frau trophy 😂 Just boosted the co op trophy yesterday on console lmfao. Oh well just glad I got all the MP trophies done with 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ryan Industries said:

-snip-

There's a possible chance that the free upgrade has been pulled alongside the base game. This happened with F1 2021 last year, so if that's the case you'll need to buy both discs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shipper321 said:

There's a possible chance that the free upgrade has been pulled alongside the base game. This happened with F1 2021 last year, so if that's the case you'll need to buy both discs.

The upgrade is on the store. Maybe someone with a physical copy can confirm if it still works on a fresh account.

20240303120739.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/1/2024 at 2:24 AM, iriihutoR84 said:

Ray Gigant has been delisted on Steam but is apparently still up on PSN for Vita. It has the same publisher on Steam as on PSN so it may be gone soon. If I had to take a guess it's still up because Sony's support for Vita publishers barely exists.

It has a physical copy but it was from LRG so they are few in numbers on eBay and most are pretty expensive. 

It is a Japanese dungeon crawler RPG from Experience Inc. 

Didn't find it in eu (((

1 hour ago, serrated-banner9 said:

it appears as though Small Radios Big Televisions is being delisted soon, currently £10.49 on the UK Store

The link in the tweet links to Here where you can download the game for free (appears like it downloads to your computer), PSN Store and Steam versions are still paid though

This looks right up my alley but I can't justify the $16 CAD right now. Really cool they released a free build though, everyone should grab that for PC.

If Warner is retiring this I would also be concerned about all of the other indie games they (and Adult Swim) have published.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

If Warner is retiring this I would also be concerned about all of the other indie games they (and Adult Swim) have published.

I've only managed to find 10 games published by Adult Swim, maybe there's more?

Mega Coin Squad

Headlander

Small Radios Big Televisions

Rain World (Also has Downpour DLC expansion)

Rise & Shine

Duck Game

Rick & Morty Virtual Rick-Ality

Death's Gambit

Battle Chef Brigade

Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I've only managed to find 10 games published by Adult Swim, maybe there's more?

Mega Coin Squad

Headlander

Small Radios Big Televisions

Rain World (Also has Downpour DLC expansion)

Rise & Shine

Duck Game

Rick & Morty Virtual Rick-Ality

Death's Gambit

Battle Chef Brigade

Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time

Here's the full list of every game they made :)https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_Swim_Games

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

The game Small Radios Big Televisions will be delisted in the next few weeks according to the developer.

A final discount does not seem probable since he says "publisher controls the sale price" in the comments when asked. The game does not have a platinum but does have other trophies. 

Thanks, @serrated-banner9posted this yesterday. Delisted Games has a good article up on the situation:

https://delistedgames.com/small-radios-big-televisions-leaving-soon-could-lead-a-wave-of-adult-swim-games-delistings/

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Super Mega Baseball 2 is closing on July 24th, 2024 but I don't know what the online trophies are that will be affected by this :(: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/legal/service-updates/r-z

This was mentioned earlier and a few posts below someone said there were no online trophies.
If I go through the list I also don't see anything that might be online.
It was also delisted according to another post.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kolm said:

This was mentioned earlier and a few posts below someone said there were no online trophies.
If I go through the list I also don't see anything that might be online.
It was also delisted according to another post.

Sorry about that, I had a brain fart and forgot this was brought up last month :(.

On 3/1/2024 at 12:16 AM, Dark_Overlord said:

Seriously???

Any dev who forgets about leap years is a fucking moron... 😕

You think that's idiotic? Same thing happend with every PS3 FAT back in the days. Sony forgot to put one additional day to internal clock of said models. Still remember people formating their HDD and selling their consoles for no reasonmbefore it was fixed. Only Slims worked when it happened.

P.S. Any info on Dark Souls PS3 servers? Are they closed already?

P.S.2. You mentioned Deus Ex Humankind Devided and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Second game doesn't have any online trophies? It's still totally doable? And what about Deus Ex? It has some kind online mode or is it singleplayer but requires online connection?

6 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

P.S. Any info on Dark Souls PS3 servers? Are they closed already?

2 is still up and schedule to shutdown the same day as Armored Core Verdict Day (March 31st)

Edited by Ghost-Zeus514
  • Like 1