Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

28 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Toys for Bob may have been shutdown. I think only one stack of the Skylanders series required online(but it's servers are already long gone). They also put out stuff like Crash and Spyro. Crash Team Rumble requires online for many trophies and I would guess would be the most at risk.

Where did you hear that? Do you have a link handy?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Where did you hear that? Do you have a link handy?

Several tabloids including IGN and Games Hub (the latter I've only just heard of tonight) have reported that California state filings confirm a near total, if not total, closure of the entire studio.

https://www.gameshub.com/news/news/toys-for-bob-offices-closure-layoffs-2636610/

What's really depressing, if this is confirmed true by Activision Blizzard or any employees of Toys For Bob, is that a lot of information supplied by them on social media implied more main series Spyro and Crash games would be released in the next two years. A Q&A with Stewart Copeland of The Police fame, who did the soundtracks for the Spyro trilogy, was scheduled on X (formerly Twitter) by the official Spyro account, and that'd be a big deal for him to just be hanging around for; the implication here being that an entire game would be cancelled if this Toys For Bob thing turns out to be verifiable.

We still are supposed to have until the end of February on Crash Team Rumble 's Season 3, wonder how that would be handled...

• Like 4

Just now, Sendai-Horatio said:

There's more info that just came out a few minutes ago on X. Their offices have been closed and firings did take place, but the studio is still open with most of the workers being remote now.

Just using my own meager corporate experience but if everything is down to working remotely, that's not a good sign long term.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, majob said:

Just using my own meager corporate experience but if everything is down to working remotely, that's not a good sign long term.

Was just going to say the same. Working remotely especially after majority of offices have called their staff back isn't a good outlook.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ConAir said:

Have you unlinked the old consoles from your account? Otherwise you may run into the download limit of 2 or at first 5 different consoles. 

Yeah. Just one of the two consoles I own are now active. Still doesn't work. I'm not messing with it as that's how the whole mess started for me

• Like 1

Edit: One Strike isn't delisted, it's just not showing up on the PS5 stores. It is still available through the app and the web store and possibly the PS4 store. Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by Banana_Sausage47
Game is not delisted.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jblanch3 said:

The game Obey Me is slated to be delisted on February 15 on Steam, so there's a possibility it could be delisted on the PS Store as well.  There's a final sale currently going on on Steam; not the same for Playstation, it's still twenty bucks. :(

Obey Me does have a physical on PS4 from Red Art Games :)

• Like 2

On 2/10/2024 at 7:27 AM, jblanch3 said:

The game Obey Me is slated to be delisted on February 15 on Steam, so there's a possibility it could be delisted on the PS Store as well.  There's a final sale currently going on on Steam; not the same for Playstation, it's still twenty bucks. :(

In the Blowfish Studios Discord server, I received confirmation in the general chat that Obey Me will be delisted on all platforms.

While there is a physical version, it seems to be PEGI rated, so it’s the European version. There are two trophy stacks (NA and EU), and the EU stack is tagged as unobtainable on PSNP+ with no 100% achievers. The NA version has a few 100% achievers so it at least seems doable…

Edited by Needles
Typo
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Needles said:

In the Blowfish Studios Discord server, I received confirmation in the general chat that Obey Me will be delisted on all platforms.

While there is a physical version, it seems to be PEGI rated, so it’s the European version. There are two trophy stacks (NA and EU), and the EU stack is tagged as unobtainable on PSNP+ with no 100% achievers. The NA version has a few 100% achievers so it at least seems doable…

I did get that game on a sale some time ago, around 1.99$ I think. Didn't know the EU version's platinum is unnobtainable.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 9:52 AM, Banana_Sausage47 said:

Edit: One Strike isn't delisted, it's just not showing up on the PS5 stores. It is still available through the app and the web store and possibly the PS4 store. Sorry for any confusion.

I was going to post this a few months ago, but double-checked and saw it was available through the website. I know the PS4 versions of Our Guest Tonight, Geometric Sniper & Geometric Sniper - Blood in Paris don't show up on the PS5 store. BlackJack World Tour (PS4) use to not show up but must've been fixed recently.

Edited by Ryan Industries
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Needles said:

That really sucks, that there is a disc copy only for EU and it's impossible to 100% the EU version. So I guess the only option if you want the game is paying the full 20$ for a digital NA copy. The clock is ticking. Less than 2 days before the 15th.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ryan Industries said:

I was going to post this a few months ago, but double-checked and saw it was available through the website. I know the PS4 versions of Our Guest Tonight, Geometric Sniper & Geometric Sniper - Blood in Paris don't show up on the PS5 store. BlackJack World Tour (PS4) use to not show up but must've been fixed recently.

Yeah I've had that with other games too and, as far as I am aware, it's usually with games that have a PS4 and PS5 version where the PS4 version can bug out and not show up on PS5. What made me think this was different is that I actually bought it through the PS5 store when it was last on sale very recently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/dc-universe-online-dev-dimensional-ink-hit-with-layoffs

While there is no direct dev team layoffs at this moment. The publishers behind DC Universe, Planetside 2 and H1Z1 Battle Royale have all been hit with layoffs. Again no direct team layoffs, but as they are all quite old online games use this info with what you will.

There might be a chance the Planetside IP got sold out. Idk what that would mean for the game

15 hours ago, Needles said:

Before anyone eagerly jumps into H1Z1, a few trophies are currently unobtainable, and there’s no fix in sight.

What trophies are broken? i remember just being very annoying for being random the kills with the "super sniper rifle" and get luck and know the game top to get the the headshots