[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 0:03 AM, starcrunch061 said:

A little weak of a submission, but I think Dark Souls qualifies for stealth play. You have rings that allow you to make no sound, which in turn allow you to sneak up on many unsuspecting enemies. 

So, I am submitting my Dark Souls platinum for this event. Hopefully, I'll get another before the end of the month, though - I'd rather have a hardcore stealth game.

My current stats:

562 games played

372 games completed

81.12% completion percentage

301 platinums

12 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

@Dessane  I got the :platinum: for Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag wich counts toward this months theme, hopefully I will get some other plat before the months end :D

Will update you both when I get home from work :) , the OP kills my work computer at the moment for some reason. 

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:50 AM, SyIaris said:

So, didn't want to say it, but it seems like I need to.

Been worn out and a very lousy host, and things only get worse when winter rolls around. I'll go through the end of the year, but I think I'm done after that. I'm sorry for doing such a poor job.

If someone wants to take it up, you're welcome to, and can have access to the OP or remake the thread - I'd strongly advise the latter with a second post for an archive.

Either way, it's been a fun event and thank you all for participating! ^_^

Thanks for running this event Sy, it has pushed me to play some games I definitely wouldn't have. If someone does pick up the event I would be happy to help with updating if you'd like, Would recommend a new thread though as the OP on this one is becoming a massive computer killer when you edit it

• Like 1

Everyone should be up to date now :) If I missed your update gimme a bump.

14 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Welcome, @Dessane! Thanks for taking over! And thanks for all of your hard work over the months and years, Sylaris (I'd tag you, but I can't seen to get your name to pop up)!

You're probably doing what I always do and spelling it SYL not syi, it always tricks me :P I'm hoping next month will have a theme that I can skew into Guitar Hero as it will be the last month I can finish that grind so it will be a focus that month

• Like 2

I finished one game for this month with Far Cry Primal.

You aren't required to stealth but it helps as it normaly is easier that way. There's also a trophy for killing 25 people with takedown which can only be done if you are stealthy, but not sure about the hardcore with this game.

But what I'm sure about is that it counts for the another event challenge.

It's part of three current events plus an old Kill Your Completion. The events are: Backlog Pyramid, What the Hell is that still doing there and Gaming by Numbers.

Now I hope to complete Assassin's Creed Revelations this month as my second game for the theme.

• Like 1

Chipping away at Horizon: Zero Dawn for this month... very slowly.

On 10/9/2018 at 8:18 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

I would be interested in taking over the event if there should be enough interest for another year.

Maybe you can add a poll the next month to see how many would like to continue.

Will do, and thanks.  :)

On 10/9/2018 at 7:44 PM, Dessane said:

Will update you both when I get home from work :) , the OP kills my work computer at the moment for some reason. 

Thanks for running this event Sy, it has pushed me to play some games I definitely wouldn't have. If someone does pick up the event I would be happy to help with updating if you'd like, Would recommend a new thread though as the OP on this one is becoming a massive computer killer when you edit it

Yeah, there's way too much in the first post. I think the only option for continuing this thread would be to link to a random "archive" post or two and get the previous years out of it.

On 10/10/2018 at 5:09 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Welcome, @Dessane! Thanks for taking over! And thanks for all of your hard work over the months and years, Sylaris (I'd tag you, but I can't seen to get your name to pop up)!

On 10/10/2018 at 7:40 PM, Dessane said:

Everyone should be up to date now :) If I missed your update gimme a bump.

You're probably doing what I always do and spelling it SYL not syi, it always tricks me :P I'm hoping next month will have a theme that I can skew into Guitar Hero as it will be the last month I can finish that grind so it will be a focus that month

Sorry for that. Combination of everything I tried being taken and not thinking I'd be very social.  :facepalm:

Thank you both, and props to everyone else that's been involved in keeping the event going. Dessane's been helping out for a bit now.

Not leaving just yet, though!

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I finished one game for this month with Far Cry Primal.

You aren't required to stealth but it helps as it normaly is easier that way. There's also a trophy for killing 25 people with takedown which can only be done if you are stealthy, but not sure about the hardcore with this game.

But what I'm sure about is that it counts for the another event challenge.

It's part of three current events plus an old Kill Your Completion. The events are: Backlog Pyramid, What the Hell is that still doing there and Gaming by Numbers.

Now I hope to complete Assassin's Creed Revelations this month as my second game for the theme.

Got you down for other event + hardcore. Way to knock out a bunch of events at once!  :yay:

Required for a trophy counts in my book, keeps the genre options more open.

• Like 2

Hey everyone, sorry for not having replied in a while. There have been some real life issues that came up with my parents as well as stuff at work so I didn't have time to do any updates or really clear anything in terms of the themes for the last few months. Given how packed the upcoming two months of this year are going to be, I'm going to go inactive until next year, when I can start fresh.

• Like 3

Well, I have some bad news - please put me on the inactive list...

Fortunatelly, I'm not having any kind of trouble, but I'm wanting to slow down my pace on gaming (this fact also explies why I've diminished my appearance on PSNP...), and start to focus on games I really want to play now... And as part of it, I want to take a while from any PSNP event I am/was in...

Yeah, that's it. Thank you everybody, and until next time...

• Like 2

Quick update...

I completed The Talos Principle for the main theme. I don't think it qualifies for HC. I had to sneak past a turret but maybe someone else was able to manage that puzzle without having to do that. Intermittent sneaking past automated sentries was also done.

I've done several other plats but none that I think would qualify.

End month stats in a few days...

• Like 1

Finished my second game for this month just now.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations on PS4.

Like on the 360 version of the game I had to wait about one hour to get enough money to buy all the books which was the last of the main game trophies.

But you also need to complete the Lost Archive DLC in the PS4 version for the plat. I don't know why many people dislike that DLC. It's not that difficulte to complete.

AC: Revelations should count for the hardcore requirement as there are several missions where you aren't allowed to be detected.

No other challenges with this game though.

• Like 1

update, completed a few games this month but going to submit Uncharted: The lost legacy, Some trophies requiring stealth and ultimately had lots of fun with this game, which I finished it sooner. just sort of stopped halfway through last year. 

1S42c0c5.png

Stats at the start of 2018:

Platinum trophies: 48

100% completed: 21

Completion: 58.07%

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: +21

100% completed: +7 (not sure)

Completion: +3.70%

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 8:39 PM, cerafinn said:

Hey everyone, sorry for not having replied in a while. There have been some real life issues that came up with my parents as well as stuff at work so I didn't have time to do any updates or really clear anything in terms of the themes for the last few months. Given how packed the upcoming two months of this year are going to be, I'm going to go inactive until next year, when I can start fresh.

I'm so sorry to hear life's giving you trouble. Hope your parents are doing better soon and work settles down.

On 10/24/2018 at 5:40 PM, JoaoQuique said:

Well, I have some bad news - please put me on the inactive list...

Fortunatelly, I'm not having any kind of trouble, but I'm wanting to slow down my pace on gaming (this fact also explies why I've diminished my appearance on PSNP...), and start to focus on games I really want to play now... And as part of it, I want to take a while from any PSNP event I am/was in...

Yeah, that's it. Thank you everybody, and until next time...

Nothing wrong with backing off for a while! Hope you have a blast with those games.

On 10/27/2018 at 1:43 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

Edit:

actually going to Submit Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls. Played a lot as the Demon Hunter who has stealth powers.

Can have more than one for the month, if you had another you wanted to include.

Very impressive! I'm afraid to start that one after hearing so much about the endgame grind.

On 10/27/2018 at 6:22 PM, BigHonkingOne said:

Still working on Persona 5. I am about halfway done with a second playthrough. Sadly, I have not popped a trophy in a while. Pretty much all of the ones left will happen at the very end.

Hey, progress is progress. Kind of annoying when games lump a bunch at the end, though.

I don't remember it much at all, but does Life is Strange have stealth? It could be your backup/extra if it does. Kind of seems like there was something...

On 10/27/2018 at 6:34 PM, Mesopithecus said:

I finished Horizon Zero Dawn for this months theme ^_^  There are a couple of trophies based around you playing stealthily, not sure if you would count it for the hardcore requirement or not?  I favored stealth in my first playthrough, but kind of ran around like a mad woman for NG+

Yep, HZD's all good for hardcore. Forced stealth in the tutorial and one achievement that requires it.

On 10/28/2018 at 7:35 AM, Kevvik said:

Quick update...

I completed The Talos Principle for the main theme. I don't think it qualifies for HC. I had to sneak past a turret but maybe someone else was able to manage that puzzle without having to do that. Intermittent sneaking past automated sentries was also done.

I've done several other plats but none that I think would qualify.

End month stats in a few days...

Nice work, got you updated.

On 10/28/2018 at 8:58 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

Finished my second game for this month just now.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations on PS4.

Like on the 360 version of the game I had to wait about one hour to get enough money to buy all the books which was the last of the main game trophies.

But you also need to complete the Lost Archive DLC in the PS4 version for the plat. I don't know why many people dislike that DLC. It's not that difficulte to complete.

AC: Revelations should count for the hardcore requirement as there are several missions where you aren't allowed to be detected.

No other challenges with this game though.

Odd that it merges the DLC in, but I guess it catches the number up after removing the multiplayer ones.

23 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Completed October's hardcore requirement: 1S8ddf7f.png

Yeesh, that game has a lot of trophies. How'd you like it?

8 hours ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

update, completed a few games this month but going to submit Uncharted: The lost legacy, Some trophies requiring stealth and ultimately had lots of fun with this game, which I finished it sooner. just sort of stopped halfway through last year. 

1S42c0c5.png

Stats at the start of 2018:

Platinum trophies: 48

100% completed: 21

Completion: 58.07%

Platinum trophies: +21

100% completed: +7 (not sure)

Completion: +3.70%

Great, glad you enjoyed it so much! It's a shame when you get sidetracked on a fun one.

Yeah, the 100% is a bit complicated...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

To be honest, Rise of the Tomb Raider was a bit challenging for me, since I'm not used to the gameplay. It has a handful of DLCs, which I haven't completed yet. Might just get it done one weekend to be over with the game. Not sure when though.

Doesn't hurt to try something different every once in a while. Congrats on getting it done despite the difficulty.  ^_^

Yeah, probably best to clean up while you've still got the controls in mind...

56 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Can have more than one for the month, if you had another you wanted to include.

You know now that you say that, I now realize there’s a challenge for playing four games that fit the theme in a month and I think I’ve accidentally done that with The Inpatient, Saw 2, Don’t Knock Twice, and Diablo 3.

Was finally able to play something this month, but it doesn't fit the theme. I don't think I'll get anything else done this month due to being sick, so I'll use my first event skip so I can list a game this month lol.

The game was 36 Fragments of Midnight... the first "EZPZ" game I've played (that I would consider EZPZ anyway).

Platinum trophies: +30

100% completed: +17

Completion: +8.10%

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Hey, progress is progress. Kind of annoying when games lump a bunch at the end, though.

I don't remember it much at all, but does Life is Strange have stealth? It could be your backup/extra if it does. Kind of seems like there was something...

@SyIaris Um.. yes it does. Good point. I didn't really think of it as a stealth game, but you're right. It makes a good back-up. It is mainly the part at the end where you have to move past people with flashlights without being detected. Also, when you break into the pool and almost get caught by the security guard. There are a couple of other small parts that could be considered to be based around stealth but you're being told a story and not actively avoiding detection. .

Going to hold off on updates until tomorrow, since I'll need to do the big one then anyway.

On 10/29/2018 at 0:10 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

You know now that you say that, I now realize there’s a challenge for playing four games that fit the theme in a month and I think I’ve accidentally done that with The Inpatient, Saw 2, Don’t Knock Twice, and Diablo 3.

Nice! I just saw the edit and figured you'd played another you weren't as fond of.

On 10/29/2018 at 1:00 PM, eigen-space said:

Was finally able to play something this month, but it doesn't fit the theme. I don't think I'll get anything else done this month due to being sick, so I'll use my first event skip so I can list a game this month lol.

The game was 36 Fragments of Midnight... the first "EZPZ" game I've played (that I would consider EZPZ anyway).

Platinum trophies: +30

100% completed: +17

Completion: +8.10%

Happens, no shame in needing a break. Was it decent, or just a quick pile of trophies? The images for it seem cute, at least.

23 hours ago, BigHonkingOne said:

@SyIaris Um.. yes it does. Good point. I didn't really think of it as a stealth game, but you're right. It makes a good back-up. It is mainly the part at the end where you have to move past people with flashlights without being detected. Also, when you break into the pool and almost get caught by the security guard. There are a couple of other small parts that could be considered to be based around stealth but you're being told a story and not actively avoiding detection. .

Ah, now that you mention it, must be the pool bit I was thinking of. I can actually picture it now. :facepalm:

Definitely counts for this month, so you're all good if you don't get Persona in time or just want a second star!

22 hours ago, fishy10101 said:

I stalled hard trying to plat Rise of the Tomb Raider couldn't get motivated to do the challenge play through so I will have to skip October if I have a skip left :S

You can use a skip, but it doesn't look like you've finished anything this month? You beat Tomb Raider, that counts as a silver without using one.

6 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Happens, no shame in needing a break. Was it decent, or just a quick pile of trophies? The images for it seem cute, at least.

There's only one objective in the game-- grab the 36 fragments-- so there's not much by way of story. However, if you're not used to platformers, this game might not be so easy... I'm just OK at them and was worried that I might not be able to do the 6-minute speedrun. Just took practice and patience though. So it's not the typical easy game as you do need a little skill... and the art is pretty nice too :)