[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

11 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I sent it to you in a message. So long as it didn't change from when I was helping with the event, it should still be correct :)

Thank you so much! Seems I had entirely the wrong number in mind. :facepalm:

On 9/16/2018 at 5:29 AM, AS_CHAOTIC said:

Got the platinum for the new spider-man game, really fun game to play and super easy to follow along with in terms of story and trophies. a must have for any PSA$ owners. Game had skill tree and also was completed for the spelling-bee/ trophophobia

1S4485b4.png

Stats at the start of 2018:

Platinum trophies: 48

100% completed: 21

Completion: 58.07%

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: +1

100% completed: +3

Completion: +3.46%

On 9/18/2018 at 7:27 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

Just finished Marvel's Spider-Man for September and that had progression, leveling and a skill tree that went to level 50. Great damn game.

current stats

Games: 193

Completed: 108

Plats: 113

Completion: 70.50%

On 9/19/2018 at 10:03 AM, Kent said:

Finished Marvel's Spider-Man like many others this month. Definitely my GOTY so far...and very close to my favorite game of all time. I highly recommend it to everybody.

Got you all updated, and glad to hear you enjoyed it! They did a great job on that game, hopefully there are plans for a sequel. :D

On 9/16/2018 at 10:03 AM, Mesopithecus said:

I finished Earthlock which counts for this months theme ^_^  It's a turn based RPG which has you leveling up to 20 during the course of the game

Nice work. Definitely a good month to knock out some RPGs.  :)

On 9/16/2018 at 11:27 PM, eigen-space said:

Finished up L.A. Noire. You have to level up your badge ranks (you get experience by interrogating witness well, finding clues, etc), with one trophy being for getting the maximum rank. Unfortunately it doesn't count for the HC requirement as the max is 20, but it does count for the following:

-Monthly Theme

-Completed all DLC

-Other Event (Beauty vs Beast event... wouldn't normally count games in this event, except this is a special game for the event)

Very nice, that didn't look like an easy one. Congrats on finishing it!

On 9/17/2018 at 5:43 AM, starcrunch061 said:

So, let's get this out of the way. Platted Ni No Kuni 2 (base game, no DLC). You have to level to the stratosphere for that one. I'll post my stats when I get back.

My current stats:

Games: 558

Completed Games: 369

Plats: 298

Completion: 81.16%

DLC already? That seems quick. How was it compared to the first one?

Updated, nice game choice.

3 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Here's another possibility for November...

Sequelitis: Play a game which is a follow-up in a series. Reboots qualify as later entries not starters HC: the game must be at least the 5th entry in the series.

Examples: Infamous 2, Witcher 3, Persona 4 Golden 

HC examples: Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Soul Calibur V, Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus

The reboots concept could be massaged as I wasn't sure what the general consensus of the group would be on that.

We've had something similar before (series games), but that sounds interesting. I certainly wouldn't complain about straightforward themes for a busy month.

Got it in the first post, thanks!

14 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Ouch, you two definitely got hit worse than I did. Think my biggest chunk is random multiplayer games.

Definitely good for trying new ones out, though.

For me it's not top priority to finish games played in KYC. I do these events to start new games and add them to my profile. Then later when I need a new game to play for this event for example, I look through my profile and might pick one from a KYC event.

I also thought about yet another new challenge.

The last one I suggested was games where you got the first trophy a year ago. Now we could do the opposite: Games where you havn't earned a single trophy prior to the month it is for.

To make it more clear here's an example: For next months supposedly theme I could play Skyrim but it wouldn't count for the challenge because I already got trophies in it. But I could also play Thief which isn't on my profile yet, so it would count for the challenge. You can also use every 0% game on your profile.

Basically it's for finishing a game in under one month.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

For me it's not top priority to finish games played in KYC. I do these events to start new games and add them to my profile. Then later when I need a new game to play for this event for example, I look through my profile and might pick one from a KYC event.

The last one I suggested was games where you got the first trophy a year ago. Now we could do the opposite: Games where you havn't earned a single trophy prior to the month it is for.

To make it more clear here's an example: For next months supposedly theme I could play Skyrim but it wouldn't count for the challenge because I already got trophies in it. But I could also play Thief which isn't on my profile yet, so it would count for the challenge. You can also use every 0% game on your profile.

It's quitting a game in the middle of the story that drives me nuts. Very helpful for figuring out what's worth playing, though.

Sounds like it could be good, but I'd like to hear other opinions before tossing it in the mix.  :)

9 hours ago, SyIaris said:

It's quitting a game in the middle of the story that drives me nuts. Very helpful for figuring out what's worth playing, though.

Sounds like it could be good, but I'd like to hear other opinions before tossing it in the mix.  :)

That's why I normally have no clue what happened when I finally play a game again. That counts also for the controlls like in Sword Art Online which I'm playing right now. It took a while befor I figured the controlls out again.

I finished my game for this month yesterday with Sword Art Online: Lost Song.

It counts for the following challenges:

• Hardcore: You already start at level 100 but I'm now at level 550 so it should be enough to count
  • Over a year: It took me a total of 1 year, 10 months and 6 days to complete it.
  • Part of another event: Actually it is part of two other events. First it counts towards the "What the hell is that still doing there" event and it was part of a "Kill your Completion" event but I don't know which one exactly anymore.
  • Because of this event: That game would have been in my backlog much longer probably.

On 9/22/2018 at 0:57 PM, SyIaris said:

DLC already? That seems quick. How was it compared to the first one?

Updated, nice game choice.

The DLC was a free update that I didn't bother with. The game still has story DLC coming out supposedly.

I thought the game was mediocre. Not terrible, and there were some good moments, but overall, pretty damn disappointing.

@Abbey97 @SyIaris I have nothing at all for August (unless you want to count Minecraft Story Mode which is unlikely) so can I use a skip and use the Play image from Dead Synchronicity please.

I am playing Battle Chasers: Nightwar and will hopefully finish the story before the end of the month but will not get the Platinum as you have to complete NG+ for a 40-50hr game....twice.

New stats will be added at the end of the month. 

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 4:51 AM, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I have an update for the event, just :platinum: Tomb Raider

The game features a lot of level progression mechanics and it also has 2 trophies awarded for reach a certain multiplayer level... that freaking grind thou ?

Got you update, I've heard good things about the Tomb Raider series but never got around to it

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 0:51 PM, BigHonkingOne said:

I got Bloodborne wrapped up yesterday. So that's my September game done!

Nicely done, got you updated

12 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I finished my game for this month yesterday with Sword Art Online: Lost Song.

• Hardcore: You already start at level 100 but I'm now at level 550 so it should be enough to count
  • Over a year: It took me a total of 1 year, 10 months and 6 days to complete it.
  • Part of another event: Actually it is part of two other events. First it counts towards the "What the hell is that still doing there" event and it was part of a "Kill your Completion" event but I don't know which one exactly anymore.
  • Because of this event: That game would have been in my backlog much longer probably.

Got you update, you're killing it at the challenges

8 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Abbey97 @SyIaris I have nothing at all for August (unless you want to count Minecraft Story Mode which is unlikely) so can I use a skip and use the Play image from Dead Synchronicity please.

I am playing Battle Chasers: Nightwar and will hopefully finish the story before the end of the month but will not get the Platinum as you have to complete NG+ for a 40-50hr game....twice.

New stats will be added at the end of the month. 

I've got that done for you:) 

On my end looks like my game will be Spiderman, its oging to be tight but should get it done in time

• Like 1

Small update: I've completed (lots of time ago... - September 2nd...) Atelier Lydie & Suelle, granting me the Platinum Grade for this month, and a Golden Star for Hardcore Challenge (you even must achieve Lv. 50 for Platinum...)

Updated stats:

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: +20

100% completed: +10

Completion: +1.63%

Just checkin in for September, I got the Plat for Spider-man which I thought was excellent having been a fan of the comics and loved swinging around in the old spidey game on PS2 it was great.

It has a progression feature and lvl 50 was the max so that covers the hardcore requirement.

I've seen a lot of cool games people are platting that I'll have to check out and also see if I have a stealth game that fits for October in the backlog!

giphy.gif

I finished a few games this month, one of my games this month Sword Art Online: Lost Song. (Same as @MarkusT1992)

• Hardcore: You already start at level 100 but I'm now at level 600+ so it should be enough to count, also you need to level skills to @ least level 400... 
  • Over a year: It took me a total of 2 years, 10 months to complete it.
  • Part of another event: Actually it is part of two other events. First, it counts towards the "What the hell is that still doing there" event and it was part of a "Kill your Completion" event but I don't know which one exactly anymore.

I also finished Sword Art Online: Fatal bullet 

• Hardcore: you start at level 1, currently over 100+ 
  • I think this was part of another KYC event. and might be legible for the "What the hell is that still doing there" 

And to finish this post, I've also finished Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed 

• Hardcore: you start at level 1, and at my strongest playthrough I was level 50+, also you have strip skills you need to level.
  • Took me over a year, 1 year and 9 months.
  • These were also part of a "Kill your completion" and "What the hell is that still doing there"
  • And because of this event, I went back to this game. Otherwise, I might have never gotten back to this...

I've tried to get all DLC trophies for bloodborne. but I ran out of time since I wasn't home this weekend... 

Edited by vin_rob
  • Like 2

Everyone should be updated, but let me know if I've missed anything.

To all below, just a reminder - don't have a September entry for you if you'd like to get one in. The theme is in the first post.

October's winner: Shadow Stalking

Shadow Stalking - Games must feature stealth or hiding (stealth is available, but optional). HCR: Must have to stealth / hide your way through the game in order to complete it (stealth is required).

Time to get sneaky! Creep around or swoop in from the shadows to ambush unsuspecting enemies. Come out, come out, wherever you are...

ex: Skyrim, Dragon Age

HC ex: Aragami, Mark of the Ninja, Hitman, Thief

November's theme goes off of suggestions, so I'll give it another week or so before putting the poll up.

Opinions on adding a new challenge category?

On 9/22/2018 at 1:23 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

Basically, looking for either a trophy or level that forces you to go for stealth, rather than having the option and being able to fight your way out if you get caught.

@BigHonkingOne

Sounds likely, though I don't know what it entails:

The Sneaking One
Ambush the enemy 50 times.

@Edunstar84

Looks like it's required for the platinum, so yep.

One-Sided Conversation
Stealth kill an enemy while they are having a conversation

• Like 1

@SyIaris You infiltrate various buildings as a group of thieves and are trying to find the hidden treasure. There are traps and puzzles etc. There are also enemies scattered around. Hiding around corners and pouncing on them to ambush them gives you an advantage. Its turn-based combat so when you ambush your whole team gets to go before the enemy does. You can sneak past some enemies but mostly stealth tactics are just for getting the ambush.

Ok, time to post the September stats...

Monthly

Plats: +6

100%: NC

Completion rate: +0.83%

Event

Plats: 129 (+26 for event)

100%: 48 (+4 for event)

Completion rate: 80.57% (+1.56% for event)

Completion rate would be higher but I started bot Dragon Quest XI and Monster Hunter World just before the end of the month. Not sure what I was thinking but impulses have got the better of me before.

Regarding the games, Valhalla Knights 3 is clearly good for both monthly and HC requirements.

Until Dawn, Adam's Venture: Origins and Mecho Tales do not.

LEGO Marvel's Avengers might if you consider new characters to be newly earned abilities but there is not clear levelling done by characters so I leave it to your judgment. Only regular theme at best.

Yasai Ninja is also another weird one. There is no overt levelling that I noticed, you learn new abilities/moves as the game advances but there actually is a strange levelling mechanic which I noticed when grinding enemies for the Killer trophy. At one point, I was informed that (and I can't remember the exact wording) my characters had levelled up and now had more health and power. Until then I hadn't really realized that this existed within the game (obviously not paying attention if it came up before). So I leave it to your judgment, again regular theme at best.

All the games were completed as part of the Spelling Bee event and 4/6 are past KYC event games as well. Don't know if that qualifies any for the "other event" challenge but I'll let you decide.

So, October... I almost have The Talos Principle platted which I think qualifies for sneaking. Automated drones patrol and you must get past them either by disabling or moving past just outside detection range and there was at least one automated turret that I had to sneak by without disabling as I couldn't figure out any other way to deal with it (snuck by underneath it while it kept watch over the open area beside me). Have a few others I'll try to knock off before KYC in November, plus DQXI and MHW.

Edited by Kevvik

So, didn't want to say it, but it seems like I need to.

Been worn out and a very lousy host, and things only get worse when winter rolls around. I'll go through the end of the year, but I think I'm done after that. I'm sorry for doing such a poor job.

If someone wants to take it up, you're welcome to, and can have access to the OP or remake the thread - I'd strongly advise the latter with a second post for an archive.

Either way, it's been a fun event and thank you all for participating! ^_^

@MarkusT1992

@Edunstar84

Stats updated, sorry for the delay.

On 10/1/2018 at 1:27 AM, BigHonkingOne said:

@SyIaris You infiltrate various buildings as a group of thieves and are trying to find the hidden treasure. There are traps and puzzles etc. There are also enemies scattered around. Hiding around corners and pouncing on them to ambush them gives you an advantage. Its turn-based combat so when you ambush your whole team gets to go before the enemy does. You can sneak past some enemies but mostly stealth tactics are just for getting the ambush.

Still required for a trophy; counts. Thanks for explaining.  :)

On 10/1/2018 at 0:18 PM, Kevvik said:

-snip-

Completion rate would be higher but I started bot Dragon Quest XI and Monster Hunter World just before the end of the month. Not sure what I was thinking but impulses have got the better of me before.

Regarding the games, Valhalla Knights 3 is clearly good for both monthly and HC requirements.

Until Dawn, Adam's Venture: Origins and Mecho Tales do not.

LEGO Marvel's Avengers might if you consider new characters to be newly earned abilities but there is not clear levelling done by characters so I leave it to your judgment. Only regular theme at best.

Yasai Ninja is also another weird one. There is no overt levelling that I noticed, you learn new abilities/moves as the game advances but there actually is a strange levelling mechanic which I noticed when grinding enemies for the Killer trophy. At one point, I was informed that (and I can't remember the exact wording) my characters had levelled up and now had more health and power. Until then I hadn't really realized that this existed within the game (obviously not paying attention if it came up before). So I leave it to your judgment, again regular theme at best.

All the games were completed as part of the Spelling Bee event and 4/6 are past KYC event games as well. Don't know if that qualifies any for the "other event" challenge but I'll let you decide.

So, October... I almost have The Talos Principle platted which I think qualifies for sneaking. Automated drones patrol and you must get past them either by disabling or moving past just outside detection range and there was at least one automated turret that I had to sneak by without disabling as I couldn't figure out any other way to deal with it (snuck by underneath it while it kept watch over the open area beside me). Have a few others I'll try to knock off before KYC in November, plus DQXI and MHW.

Happens. Those two are tempting me, too - hope you have a great time with them!

Added Yasai Ninja for platinum + other event. ...what on earth is that.  :blink:

Sounds like it should work just fine, and good luck getting all those done. :)

Edited by SyIaris

A little weak of a submission, but I think Dark Souls qualifies for stealth play. You have rings that allow you to make no sound, which in turn allow you to sneak up on many unsuspecting enemies. 

So, I am submitting my Dark Souls platinum for this event. Hopefully, I'll get another before the end of the month, though - I'd rather have a hardcore stealth game.

My current stats:

562 games played

372 games completed

81.12% completion percentage

301 platinums

On 8.10.2018 at 0:50 AM, SyIaris said:

So, didn't want to say it, but it seems like I need to.

Been worn out and a very lousy host, and things only get worse when winter rolls around. I'll go through the end of the year, but I think I'm done after that. I'm sorry for doing such a poor job.

If someone wants to take it up, you're welcome to, and can have access to the OP or remake the thread - I'd strongly advise the latter with a second post for an archive.

Either way, it's been a fun event and thank you all for participating! ^_^

I would be interested in taking over the event if there should be enough interest for another year.

Maybe you can add a poll the next month to see how many would like to continue.