100%: 379 (+57)

Completion%: 81.45% (+1.52%)

Also, I got a couple of challenges for this one, including:

- Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event

- Complete a game in which you got your first trophy [over] a year ago

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 4:57 AM, Fitzquaid said:

It turns out that I was coming up on my 40th platinum which I'd wanted to be the Witcher 3, to make up for my previous milestones being completely random. 

So, after a speedy 3 years and 1 month, that's my sequel for November.

1L109344.png

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: +19

100% completed: +5

Completion: +5.31%

Very nice, that's not an easy one. Congrats on the milestone! :yay:

Did it take you a lot of work to finish up?

On 11/14/2018 at 5:46 AM, starcrunch061 said:

So, it doesn't get much more hardcore than this:

Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires

Of course, Dynasty Warriors 8 immediately passes the hardcore requirement. But Empires titles are always the third in the game sequence. And this is the 5th Empires title. God - Koei really does love its rinse-and-repeat sequels. 

I'll post my stats soon, but I have to get to work now. Also, I'm currently working on another sequel (this time, it's Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends, which again is a mess of sequels rolled into one).

Yeah, no kidding. That's probably closer to the 20th game in the series than the 8th.

They can be quite the timesink, too. Props for getting it done!

Got your stats updated as well.

On 11/14/2018 at 7:51 AM, ShogunCroCop said:

100% on Assassin's Creed: Origins. This fulfills the HC requirement as well.

Moving on to RDR II, and InFamous: Second Son. I might have one of them done by the end of the month. Not both.

Nice work!

Second Son's pretty short, but I imagine Red Dead Redemption's a lot more tempting. Whichever you work on, I hope you have fun with it!

On 11/14/2018 at 7:53 AM, Mesopithecus said:

I finished Megadimension Neptunia VII for this months theme ^_^ 

Seems like a pretty popular game series around here. Hope it was fun!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Very nice, that's not an easy one. Congrats on the milestone! :yay:

Did it take you a lot of work to finish up?

Thanks!  I'd already wrapped up the main story, the monster-hunting contracts and Gwent (good old Gwent), so it was mostly miscellaneous combat trophies this time around. 

I was dreading one that requires killing a heck of a lot of people with crossbow shots to the head, but it went much faster than I expected thanks to a spot where a couple of low-level enemies keep respawning more-or-less instantly.  The joy of cheese...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

Thanks!  I'd already wrapped up the main story, the monster-hunting contracts and Gwent (good old Gwent), so it was mostly miscellaneous combat trophies this time around. 

I was dreading one that requires killing a heck of a lot of people with crossbow shots to the head, but it went much faster than I expected thanks to a spot where a couple of low-level enemies keep respawning more-or-less instantly.  The joy of cheese...

That definitely helps, just having some random side things left to clean up. I'm a little afraid to start it because of Gwent.

Were you spawncamping? *gasp* how could you? ...Handy, though.  :P

Got my game done for this month, Final Fantasy 7. I had never played it before and picked it up just because it was the first thing that came to mind when sequels were brought up. So not only is it my game for the month but it also qualifies for the "Retro Game" and "Wouldn't have played it except for this event" bonus categories.

new stats

Platinum Trophies: 129

100%'s: 10

Completion Percentage: 72.66%

also, small thing, under my name in the first post it says i started with a completion percentage of 30 something, but i started with 66.56%. I think that 30 % was someone elses. Not that I don't like showing bigger numbers, but just to keep everything fair.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Got my first and probably only game for this month done.

It's Grim Legends 3: The Dark City. It's the hidden object game with the most missable trophies I have played so far but still nothing really difficulte.

It also qualifies for the following chalenges:

• Another Event: It's my number 7 in the Gaming by Numbers event.
  • Because of this event: I played it because I needed something for this month that is short and easy with KYC running.

Am I correct that the first entries in a series won't count for the theme? I also got the plat for Life is Strange earlier this month which is the first game out of three so far.

Also how is it with collection? I might finish The Nonary Games this month, which contains the first two Zero Escape games. Would this collection count or not?

• Like 2

On 11/23/2018 at 4:45 AM, Dessane said:

Alright we should all be up to date, let me know if I missed you. For me this month I finished Kingdom hearts 2 which was great fun

Thanks for getting those in, the last week or so was a bit crazy.

Great choice!

On 11/23/2018 at 8:08 AM, eigen-space said:

Finished two more games that fit the theme:

Doodle Devil and Doodle Kingdom

They are both follow-ups to Doodle God.

I'm also using Doodle Kingdom for the 12 Days of Trophies event.

That pointless RNG grind at the end of Kingdom... *shudder*

Nice work, got you updated.

23 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

After 154 hours I finally have the Persona 5 :platinum: :yay: this one counts for both this mont's theme and the hardcore requirement. The game also counts toward the Twelve Days Of Trophies event :shakefist:

P.S: such an awesome and ejoyable game :awesome:

That certainly took some time! Glad you liked it so much.  ^_^

• Like 2

So, adding another sequel to the madness here:

DYNASTY WARRIORS 7 XL

1Lf6ae24.png

It was more fun than DW8:Empires, but still lacking compared to DW8:XLCE (God - Koei loves its flippin' sequels). I'll update stats later this morning (gotta go teach), but I'm hoping to sequel out this month and get the 4 games requirement as well. Just to be clear - a 100% in a reboot (King's Quest) counts towards the sequels here?

And...I'm back! So, here are my most recent stats:

Plats: 309

100% completed games: 384

Completion: 81.82%

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

Getting a captcha every single time I edit the first post... that'll be fun in a few days.  <_<

On 11/26/2018 at 5:17 AM, starcrunch061 said:

So, adding another sequel to the madness here:

DYNASTY WARRIORS 7 XL

1Lf6ae24.png

It was more fun than DW8:Empires, but still lacking compared to DW8:XLCE (God - Koei loves its flippin' sequels). I'll update stats later this morning (gotta go teach), but I'm hoping to sequel out this month and get the 4 games requirement as well. Just to be clear - a 100% in a reboot (King's Quest) counts towards the sequels here?

And...I'm back! So, here are my most recent stats:

Plats: 309

100% completed games: 384

Completion: 81.82%

Nice work! No denying the grind required to finish most of 'em.

Numbers don't seem to mean a lot to Koei.  :P

You're good on King's Quest, that's something like the 10th release.

Got my game for the month in somewhat contradictory fashion.  I achieved the plat on Life is Strange: Before the Storm, the 2nd game in the Life is Strange series but sort of a prequel/backstory to the original game. No hardcore but at least I got one done.  I'll post my end month stats this weekend.

• Like 1

So, I finished up my 4th themed game for the month:

Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn

This is a sequel to the SNES game Shaq Fu. This is being used for the 12 Days of Trophies competition, and goes toward the 4 Games In A Month challenge (Syberia 3, Doodle Devil, and Doodle Kingdom being the other three).

I may have time tomorrow to do the DLC for this, but I'm not 100% sure that I'll have time... I'll repost if I can add that :)

Edit: DLC complete!

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: +32

100% completed: +21

Completion: +8.46%

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

So it looks like December is about snow. Interesting.

I'll bow out. I'd like to use my remaining skip for December. I just won't be playing any snow themed games this month.

Also, consider me out for 2019. This was fun though. I may come back for 2020, but I need a break.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

OK, end month stats...

Finished Life is Strange: Before the Storm for the theme this month. 2nd game in the LiS series so no hardcore.  Also finished Full Throttle Remastered and Obduction which don't apply.  The KYC event knocked my completion rate down again but gave me some good games to work on finishing going into Christmas.  Glad to see people having fun with November's choice.  Now I have to go find me some snow in my backlog (Full Frontal Assault and I Am Setsuna are popping to mind).

Monthly

Plats: +3

100%: NC

Completion rate: -1.50%

Event

Plats: 138 (+35 for event)

100%: 48 (+4 for event)

Completion rate: 80.39% (+1.38% for event)

• Like 1

I've decided that I'm playing Walden for my December game. It's currently on sale in the NA PSN store for $10 if anyone else is having a hard time thinking of a game. It's a walking simulator where you play as Henry David Thoreau... you do more than just walk though.... there's some basic mechanics for fishing, farming, foraging, boating, and basic housekeeping tasks as well as several small quests where you have to deliver items, mail letters, and find wildlife. It requires two separate playthroughs at about 6-8 hours a piece, plus a bit of clean-up at the end. Though there aren't any trophy guides and the information on it is quite sparse, all the trophies are pretty self-explanatory once you start playing.

Plus, if you plat it now, you'll be immortalized on the first achievers board as there are currently only 13 folks that have the platinum ;)

Oh, and the reason why it fits the theme... you're basically making commentary on nature the entire game; you start off the game in early summer and end in the spring. Being that it is set in Massachusetts, you've got tons of snow during the winter.

• Like 2

My game for December kinda fell into my lap - I didn't have any bright ideas for snow games, but then I was finishing Detroit: Become Human over the weekend and, well, duh.

Outside of a snowboarding game or an Arctic survival sim, I think it might be about as snow-filled as you could hope for - the weather in most scenes is somewhere between 'just finished snowing' and 'actual blizzard'.