The Last TV Show You Saw?

DanielVT

Screen-Shot-2021-07-18-at-2-50-35-PM.png

Kevin Can F*** Himself

Super cool concept for a show - a spoof of an unfunny 3-camera sitcom, but shows the misery of the wife's life outside of the 'scenes' in which she is a bit-player.

Horace-and-Pete.png

Horace & Pete's

Miserycomedy with a stellar cast, and the acting is through the roof good - from likes of Steve Buscemi, Edie Falco, Alan Alda, Jessica Lange et. al.

• 2 weeks later...

250px-FBI_International_Title_Text_(Pre_

FBI International (series premiere)

This was part of a crossover with FBI and FBI: Most Wanted. From its first episode, this one looks like one to stick with. It revolves around a unit called a "fly team" based in Budapest. In this premiere, a kidnapper flees to Croatia, and the FBI's Castille goes there to continue the chase with their help.

La Brea premiere (NBC)

LB looks like a disaster drama at first, with a sinkhole opening up not far from LA's famous Tar Pit area. But it takes more of a sci-fi adventure turn, as those who were sucked in become stranded in a primeval world. Not the most original, as it seems to borrow more than a little from Lost. In fact, this is hilariously lampshaded in a quip made by one of the characters. I'll give this a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

MV5BMmE1ODVhMGYtODYyYS00Mjc4LWIzN2EtYWZk

After months of holding it off I finally caught it and I can happily say that the hype this got at the time was warranted. It may be a bit rough around the edges, but overall I found it genuinely effective and in a way brilliant as a deconstruction of the superhero genre which nowadays it's pretty oversaturated.

I'd give it a 4/5 (or an 8/10), and also the reason for posting here was because it didn't had a Letterboxd page.

Edited by Crzy Minus

250px-DWTS_New_Logo.png

Dancing with the Stars

This episode was Grease Night, with a guest appearance by Frankie Avalon performing his song Beauty School Dropout. Some of tonight's other songs were Hopelessly Devoted To You, Born to Hand Jive, Greased Lightning, You're the One That I Want, and We Go Together. My favorite one of this season.

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the shows I've finished in the latter part of this year:

Parks and Recreation on Netflix | Where to watch online - Radio Times

Parks and Recreation: Overrated sitcom in my opinion. Don't get me wrong it can be pretty entertaining at times, but it's nowhere near as good as people make it out to be.

Top Boy: Summerhouse (Netflix) Season 2 review | Ready Steady Cut

Top Boy: Summerhouse - Original Top Boy before it was revitalised by Drake in 2019. Enjoyed it to certain extent. Newer series is definitely better though, currently halfway through it.

Revisiting Band Of Brothers - Den of Geek

Band of Brothers: Amazing show! Really stood the test of time. Depicts the brutal reality of war in epic detail. Second episode was probably my favourite of the whole series. Released in 2001 and stills holds up to this day. Highly recommend giving this a go if you haven't already

Watch The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air Reunion Online - Stream Full Episodes

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: Reunion - Never watched a reunion before.. loved this one though! Emotional at times and just really well done in general. Absolutely worth watching if you were a fan of the original show.

NBC To Air Special '30 Rock' Reunion-Themed 'Upfront' Event In July  06/17/2020

30 Rock: Weird show. Hard to recommend if I'm being honest. It has some nice moments but these are few and far between. A consistently average show pretty much throughout each series. The live shows were great though! It's missing something like four episodes because of the use of blackface so be sure to stream those separately if you do intend to watch it.

The 'Chernobyl' mini-series has finished, but the real life catastrophe  never ends - Greenpeace International

Chernobyl: My favourite of the lot! Very intense in the beginning. The latter episodes deal more with the aftermath and the covering up of the incident.. First episode was the best for me. Extremely high production value and very well acted throughout. Couldn't recommend this one enough

I'm also working on the following shows, and have so many others in the watchlist..

• Cowboy Bebop
  • Entourage (S6)
  • Succession (S2)
  • The Sopranos (S4)
  • Top Boy
  • Like 3