Kill Your Completion - CYOA

25 minutes ago, Jaguargenie said:

I love point and click adventures and just about anything made by Double Fine. That being said, I was a bit dubious about a title with a speedrun of under an hour. 

I really enjoyed this game. I don't understand some of the grief it gets at times. I found it a really good story, great characters and it had a lot of laughs.

That said, I have always found that a point-and-click adventure game is as much about the journey as the destination and a speed run trophy, especially this one is pretty much about ignoring the journey as much as possible for a streamlined, get it over with experience. I really disliked doing this trophy even after playing fully through the game at a normal, explore everything, run through every conversation tree gaming experience because a speed run completely ignores what makes games like this a great experience.

• Like 2

I have this game on the Vita (got it for cheap due to a Flash Sale on PSN) and will probably just do the speedrun first to "get it over with" so I can examine the game fully. The only worry I have are the puzzles you have to solve. Even though I've played all of Artifex Mundi's lineup, the thought of having to solve the puzzles in a minute is a bit daunting. Still, I am interested in this game.

Edited by MidnightCJ

8 hours ago, Kevvik said:

I really enjoyed this game. I don't understand some of the grief it gets at times. I found it a really good story, great characters and it had a lot of laughs.

That said, I have always found that a point-and-click adventure game is as much about the journey as the destination and a speed run trophy, especially this one is pretty much about ignoring the journey as much as possible for a streamlined, get it over with experience. I really disliked doing this trophy even after playing fully through the game at a normal, explore everything, run through every conversation tree gaming experience because a speed run completely ignores what makes games like this a great experience.

Couldn't have said it better! As long as I can enjoy it on the first run though, I won't let that stand in the way of a shiny new plat. ?

14 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I get your point, and I'd agree that the souls games in general don't need a map, mostly because they aren't remotely as convoluted as Bloodborne is. In the souls games the environment differs a lot from area to area, making navigation relatively simple as the various sections, albeit linked to one another are their own separate location.

From what I played of Bloodborne and seeing as I haven't played a lot of it (compared to the games that inspired it), I might not have a full impression of it yet, nevertheless it feels more like one massive area to me. The environment in that game feels much more complex, hence why I don't think a map would've been a bad idea. I don't believe a map hinders exploration either, when I speak of map I don't mean one that gives away enemies position, or chest locations or even hidden areas, but rather one that simply shows the basic layout as a border.

Yeah, I think a plain map or a map that uncovers itself would be perfect. It could show lamps, doors, etc, only AFTER you've used them. And of course it shouldn't show enemy locations.

The biggest benefit of a map for a player like me, would be to help get my bearings with a new game session. I don't always have a big chunk of time to invest, which is why RPGs with maps are ideal, because I can see exactly where I was and need to go next to continue on.

However, being able to exit the game saving your current location is a huge benefit. That's going to make short sessions much more viable for me. Although, I find that every time I come back to the game, I need at least 15 minutes to get back into the rhythm of the combat. Last night I was a bit frustrated at first, because I seemed to have regressed. But maybe that's just how the Souls series is. I played for about an hour, so I was able to make some progress towards the end of my session. I'll post my review tonight or tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Well, I guess I have to change Watch_Dogs 2 for any other game. :/
I tried to play it yesterday but had to stop after a few minutes 'cause those text boxes with the mission objectives and the control information strained my eyes. Decided to give it a second try today and it's still uncomfortable for me. Somehow this is the first time where I experience such a problem. Similar games like Black Flag worked fine for me with the text boxes.

18 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Lb728bd.png

Bonus

Resident Evil 5

Time played: ~2 hours?

1/71 trophies (1%)

Thanks again to @Psy-Tychist for helping me try out co-op!

We played through the first two areas after having a heck of a time figuring out the weird invite system. Unfortunately, the connection kept kicking me out, so that was the end of it.

The first achievement apparently glitched or does weird things in multiplayer, since I couldn't join in from the absolute beginning. Bit annoying...

Seemed pretty fun so far, though I'm not sure how doable single-player will be with how tanky those zombies are. Headshots do interesting things sometimes...

Probably be a while before I get back to it. I'll either hold out for co-op or see if the mood strikes me in October.

I'm still up to try again, just not been around as much as usual.

I will be doing something a la Billy and make something up for my reviews as I haven't played any of the games from my initial list, but I have tried some interesting games.

Mildly humorous writing may be occurring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

@MarkusT1992I played either that game or one like it on Kongregate, but I think it was called Pandemic there. And yeah, there's always some sissy country that closes everything down on like day 2. :shakefist:

Greenland closed its port near the end of the game. But there wasn't a single ship going there with infected people. Who would go to Greenland. It's to cold there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Don't you mean....

Nope I meant:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/DarkRealmStudios/pandemic-2?acomplete=pandem

@DamagingRobGotcha. 

@MarkusT1992I think it was always like Madagascar that screwed me. Canada too if I remember right.  

@dmland12 Adventure!!!! Loved that game, though I didn't actually own an Atari until they released the flashback in the early 2000s. 

Edited by Hemiak

2 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I remember playing that game too now that you linked to it.  I think you're right about Madagascar.  I don't really remember if any other countries were that tough to infect, but I also don't think I played that much of it.

On 7/28/2017 at 5:24 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

Ratchet & Clank - It's just a good game all-round really. Solid in most aspects with only minor anoyances. That's how a remake or reinterpretation or whatever you want to call it, should be. :gold: - :platinum:

Just platinumed this game myself several hours ago and I agree 100% with you on this game. Other than the race trophies(which I managed to get in a couple of tries, which is amazing) and the grinding(which took a second challenge run) the trophy list is not too bad. ^_^