7 years of PS+ email: How much did you play last year and how much money did you save?

crimsonidol38

I just received an promotional email from Sony stating that PS+ turns 7 years old. Yay! :dance: (or not, it's up to you ;) )

In that email they also listed some stats about the PS+-habits and it would be fun to see how the stats are for others:

The stats only take the last 12 months into account!

How many hours played online

This number only includes the online hours spend in games which require a PS+-subscription, so it only reflects the online hours in (most) PS4-games.

Your most played game online

The game where you spend the most time online and which requires PS+.

Your PS+ Savings

How much money I saved thanks to the additional PS+-discounts given on sales items as compared to non PS+-subscribers.

Your monthly games redeemed

Only counts the PS4-games redeemed from the Instant Game Collection.

The copy-paste friendly version:

How many hours played online:
Your most played game online:
Your PS+ Savings:
Your monthly games redeemed:

My personal stats:

How many hours played online: 28

I'm surprised that the amount is so high. I spend about 15 hours in Black Flag but otherwise I can't come up with any game where I played the online rather long. Maybe Dirt 4 with about 3 or 4 hours.

Your most played game online: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

No real surprise thanks to the forced multiplayer leveling. xD

Your PS+ Savings: 26 EUR

That number is a bit shocking. I would have guessed that I would have saved more money.

Your monthly games redeemed: 0

No real surprise. I only redeemed two PS+ games last year and they were for PS3 (Dirt 3 and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands).

Personal conclusion:

Combining the low amount of money saved, the few online hours and the rare usage of the IGC PS+ doesn't really seems to be worth the money for me. Otherwise I have to say that after the lose of several savegames on the PS3 (300+ hours) I mainly rely on that feature of PS+ (at least until I decide to stop playing PS3-games) as I don't want to lose them again.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

I thought this was finally going to be one of those emails that shows my total time overall :( That's why I signed up to these newsletter things in the first place

How many hours played online: 36

Most played game: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

Money saved thanks to PS Plus: £43, which I think is about $2 in USD post-Brexit

Monthly games redeemed: 21. I guess that only counts PS4 games otherwise I've missed loads

I suppose it's paid for itself, although I only played 2 of the free games given in the last year

• Like 2

Time online: 81 hrs

Most played: helldivers,                 shockingly the only online game it seems ive played in the last 12 months.

Savings: £174                                    too many sales but worth the price of plus i guess 

Games redeemed: 12                     

Edited by Leenewbe

8 minutes ago, delboy_rules said:

I only got the e-mail today so maybe a bit different.

I didn't mean it as one of those "thread police" folks. It's just weird, because I'm feel almost certain that emails like this went out before, I checked mine, didn't see one, and when I returned, someone had claimed that it was EU only.

Weird stuff.

• Like 1

How many hours played online: 44

Most played game: Tom Clancy's The Division 

Money saved thanks to PS Plus: 79

Earlier this year I received an email that also showed this game as most played. I like these kind of emails somehow. Allthough, I would like to see a top 3 if possible. 

1 hour ago, Dag said:

Was on my mail 

Shadiochao's post explains a lot:

1 hour ago, Shadiochao said:

I guess that only counts PS4 games otherwise I've missed loads

I didn't redeem any PS4 game for the last 12 months so it's not listed in my mail.

9 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I didn't mean it as one of those "thread police" folks. It's just weird, because I'm feel almost certain that emails like this went out before, I checked mine, didn't see one, and when I returned, someone had claimed that it was EU only.

Weird stuff.

They send a quite similar mail about three months ago. Maybe you meant that thread?

How many hours played online: 120
Your most played game online: Minecraft
Your PS+ Savings: £80
Your monthly games redeemed: 15

I've never played Minecraft with another player but always set my game to online so it still counted it, with that in mind my total hours are probably less than 20.

52 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

I'm guessing this is an EU-only thing?

12 minutes ago, NullRay85 said:

I don't think this applies to the US region since I've been checking my email for the PS+ promotional mail and haven't found it :/

My PSN account is from the Netherlands (EU region) and I've been PS+ member since 2013 but I also didn't get an e-mail.

31 minutes ago, NullRay85 said:

I don't think this applies to the US region since I've been checking my email for the PS+ promotional mail and haven't found it :/

Checked my email and Sony is sending weekly updates (US).

example:

Total Trophies Earned:

20282 -- jun 28

20263 -- jun 21

Total Gameplay Hrs:

17458 --- jun 28

17424 --- jun 21

Edited by rpg49ers