What the origin of your PSN name ?

Aranea Highwind

I just use my name. Or should I say names since I've got two names...

I used to go with RedRowdy360 back in my XBox days due to my love for the Houston Rockets (odd I know) 

And it is pronounced as Y. But people butcher it so much (usually folks from English-speaking countries) that I stick with JH in parties. 

I had to choose a nickname to play SA:MP (San Andreas Multi-Player) in a RP server, back in 2008.

I chose "Razor" from Need for Speed: Most Wanted's Clarence "Razor" Callahan, which I thought was cool.

The surname was "Rockweel", which I borrowed from a family that played in the server.

Once my character got CK'ed, I had to change the name. I simply added an extra "Z".

Around 2011, while playing S4 League, I simply changed it from "Razzor" to "Razzee", since it sounded neutral.

From time to time, there is always a game that requires "Name_Surname" and I use "Razzor_Rockweel" instead.

My nick on PSN was originally "Neyaru", since mine is already being used (by an older account I don't remind the e-mail of).

A year ago I changed it freely to Razzee-P (the P stands for "PlayStation" but it is also a reference to Project DIVA producers which use a "-P" suffix).

Edited by Razzee-P
Nothing in particular

One would think that there isn’t a real story behind “HoorayForTyler” and that it’s just another randomly made up name, but I actually based it on one my favorite alt rock bands, Hooray For Earth.

I originally tried to obtain the “HoorayForEarth” username, but it was already taken. I ultimately settled with “HoorayForTyler”, and I couldn’t be happier with it. Most of my online friends and randoms don’t even bother calling me Tyler either, instead I’m referred to as “Hooray” lol. 

LGamerr was an idea I has back in 2010 while I was still playing on my family's shared PSN account. Maybe 9 years old? I liked it because it incorporated the first letter of my first name, and I liked the stylistic choices of the capitalized LG and the extra R. I thought it'd stand out in kill feeds in shooters. When I finally created it in 2013, I actually could have gotten LGamer (without the extra R) but the even number of letters bothered me, I liked my double R choice and thought it complimented/mirrored the LG nicely

Edit: fixed typo

Edited by LGamerr

I changed my PSN ID a few months ago.  I felt I needed a change.  My old PSN ID was Spider-Man916.  At the time (more than a decade ago), I couldn't think of a good ID so I used my favorite childhood superhero and the 916 was my (at the time) girlfriend's (and for a long time now ex-gf's) birthdate.  I never really cared for my PSN ID.  I'm not much into superheroes and haven't been in ages.  So after years of having the same ID I didn't really care for to begin with, I finally pulled the trigger and picked SoliDeoGloriaIHS.  So what does it mean and where did I get it from?  It came from my faith in God.  Soli Deo Gloria is Latin and means "Glory be to God alone."  IHS are the first three letters of our Lord Jesus' Name in Greek.  It was later misunderstood as a Latin abbreviation and expanded as Iesus Hominum Salvator which translates as Jesus, Savior of men.

When I played Magic the Gathering competitively all the time i ran a deck that had mostly creatures that were knights, as well as it being my favorite creature type in the game, along with some with an ability called battlecry. When it attacks it makes other attackers stronger. It became well known at the game shop I played at as well as getting top 4 finishes. I named the deck KnightsBattlecry and it kinda stuck all these years later.

I started playing everquest online adventures on ps1 and named my character synn after a dragon from dnd. I wasnt home when i was setting up my psn and my ex did it (she surprised me with a ps3) she put in syn1905. For my name and birthday....she got the spelling and my birthday wrong but everyone i know in real life knows me by synn so i kept it.

On 12/19/2023 at 3:13 AM, Hellish-Abyss said:

Mine is just a thing from Fatal Frame 2, nothing really creative.

Am I the only one thinking this is kinda ambiguous...?

Does your cousin AND your brother did it to you? Or you mean your cousin is also your brother??

no they create "chik99" in their names and i did also

ZN-42-VS is the license plate of one of my BMW’s that I have collected a couple of years ago. This BMW 316i was one of my favorites which I have been driving for about three years with great pleasure 🏆 Since 2015 I have switched to Audi A4 2.0 Station but I won’t start a new account with its license plate 😂

spacer.png

• Like 1