What the origin of your PSN name ?

Aranea Highwind

It started off as a clan called DRaGoN but failed after a month or so. After a while it turned into my main account, not to mention I like dragons :D.

My very first PS ID was Frogger1331. The origin of that one is... My nickname was Frogger because I was jumping around all the f*cking time and 1331 was just 13 (favorite number) with 31 (backwards 13 or just normal 31)

Edited by DRaGoN-_-TaMeR

I did not choose this, my brother made it before I was even in America. But, the reason he chose it was a great story. He was 15 years old and a Hollywood agent saw his blog post of his review over a movie. Then he started to read more and more of them. The man decided that these were genius and gave my brother a job reviewing movies, the man did not know that my brother was only 15, as his email account lied about his age......so he ended up getting a bunch of money from his reviews, then having to return it as it was illegal to give a 15 year old that job. So, with that story and his intense love for films, my bro came up with Mr_MovieMan29

There was a lot more to the story in between the man seeing the reviews, and hiring my brother, but it is pretty long. In the agents defense, my brother has a college scholarship for his writing skills.

Like some of you, my handles were once tributes to my favorite characters in books, movies, or whatever.

The evolution of my name:

Vansuden - Champions of Norrath

Vonclow - FFXI

Kuochien - FFXI

Laveticus - FFXI, WoW, Guid Wars

LAVETICU5 - XBOX and MLG handle

Aeirou - PS3 and all online games forever after.

I got tired of my names eventually being taken, so I wanted one that would stick with me. Thus I created the name Aeirou

Aero is my favorite spell animation in Final Fantasy. The power to control the wind is my desired super power if I ever got one.

Aero, though, would be taken.. Aeiro, not good enough. i is a concealer letter when you play online. People whose names get taken use the i because it's small and easy to say it's silent.

Aeirou - all vowels save for one letter. People can barely pronounce it let alone take it for themselves.

Variations of Aeirou that I have for games where I use multiple characters:

Xeirou

Aeirith

Aeirn

Aeiro

Aeir

Aeiri

Too the point, it's a misspelling of the wind spell chain from Final Fantasy.

I was a huge Nintendo fanboy when I was about twelve, so of course I joined the Nintendo Forums back when those were a thing. When I had to choose a screen name, I immediately went to Kirby, since Kirby's Adventure was the first game I ever played and my favorite Nintendo character, and added kid because I was young. Kirbykid was taken, so I chose my favorite letter to stick on the end.

Now that I'm a 23 year old adult, I really regret the "kid" part, but it's been a part of me for so long, I don't think I could ever change it.

Well from Spanish to English translation... Vacio = Empty, and Luna = Moon. I originally wanted Empty_Moon but it was taken so... I put it into Spanish. Why Empty Moon? Because I think it sounds cool. Also, why Spanish? Because I'm Hispanic.

Edited by Vacio_Luna

ishallsucc33d has always been my online alias for any account

I made on the Internet for many years now. The first origin of it was when I was trying to come up with a new name for an email accoubt because my previous one was too childish and I was growing up (it used to be [email protected] or something like that)

So I looked up the Internet in search of cool and inspiring names that I could use. Then I found this website that was selling used usernames for email accounts and I saw name for show : succ33d. I thought it was awesome because it was a word that exuded greatness and plus, the number 3 replacing the 2 'e's in the word made it look, you know...cool.

So borrowing that username, i took it and made it my own by changing it to ishallsucc33d, as a constant reminder to myself to always strive the very best in whatever you are passionate about. :))

• Like 1

Let me see...

My US account was named after Kyouko Sakura from Puella Magi Madoka Magica since my mind was blank on creating a username.

I have two AU accounts which are both named after characters as well, one being Shana from Shakugan no Shana and the other being Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I created those two with the idea one would be for one thing and the other for something else but they both quickly got neglected due to me thinking DLC worked only for the account that makes the purchase.

I am really bad with creating usernames since they're always taken so than I just resort to looking at my game and anime collection for such uninspired usernames...

I also have a Japanese account which finally has a more original username as well.