What the origin of your PSN name ?

Aranea Highwind

Mine came from role playing characters, as a kid, mates and I used to play all sorts but got infatuated with Elder Scrolls Morrowind during high school - I think one time I asked a good friend what I should name my magical dark elf and this is what he came up with - has followed me ever since!!

On 27.01.2013 at 5:00 AM, Parker said:

Led Zeppelin has been a huge part of my life and I owe my love of guitar and music to Jimmy Page, so I chose to go with James_Page to pay tribute.

Parker

The song of the immigrant had a very strong influence on me at one time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been through 2 PSN IDs so I'll put them both here.

I was Icebrand1270 from 2008-2017. Icebrand is the name of a common ice sword in Final Fantasy games. 1270 is January 27th (my birthday) with an extra zero on the end.

After losing that ID to a bank card hack, I became OohYeah127 in October of 2017. 127 is January 27th, my birthday. OohYeah is a reference to WWE Hall of Fame wrestler Macho Man Randy Savage ("Ooh Yeah, Dig It! Oh Yeah!").

• 4 weeks later...

Mine comes from Mobile Suit Gundam: Victory. Thanks to some not so great subs I thought the BESPA army was VESPA. At the time I got my PS3 I was obsessed with gundam so it was supposed to be Mobile Suit: Vespa basically, but it ended up being a goof and seems more like its about scooters than mecha

CptToffer - 

First part is easy, it's the short hand for Captain. Just picked a random rank when I first started online gaming in a clan around 2004. (Original Call of Duty, Wolfenstein, Quake Wars etc) 

The "Toffer" bit is a little bit different. My actual name is Christopher and as per most people, I went by Chris (and still do to 99% of folk). However, my closest friends started calling Toffer, instead of Chris, because, in their own words, "they felt sorry for the second half of my name, always getting left out". 

I was 16 when that happened and twenty years later, it's still what they call me ?

• Like 3

My old main account which now is my second account is call “Toxicbandit” and the story behind it is I can be a lil “toxic” sometimes and for “Bandit” well that’s what my king pure  German shepherds name is lol My main account psn ID is “Toxicmatic” and the story behind that is my toxic ways are kind of just automatic so I combined the two together lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I never had a PS3 and so I didn’t really know what to expect. I bought the PS4 and it started asking for a name. 

My name is Toni and my daughter is Kiera. So as we were setting it up we just put the quickest thing we could think of in. A mix of both our names. 

Now they let you change your name I wanted to choose something much cooler.. but then all the friends I play with were like… but you’re tonkieeee so I’m stuck with it now ??‍♀️

• Like 1

Oden is from Odin the thunder god

And arz is something I thought would resemble a sort of  short but powerful draconian name.

Sort of just sounds like arse 2 lmao.

created the name for the first time back in SWTOR

Star wars the old republic ( MMO ) very similar to WoW, just Star Wars themed.

crated a Sith Lord Pureblood back in 2016 called Arzoden, been my go to ever since?

• Like 1

I was 13 and Devil May Cry 3 was the best thing ever and Dante the coolest dude ever obviously, so me, very uncool kid, thought "wow, I definitely gonna be like this guy". So it became my online nickname. Problem was, it was very popular name, not only among half-demons and renaissance poets, but it's even somehow common-ish name among american blacks, so when some game/service/whatever required unique nickname, almost every time it was already taken. So, I used to add "CZ", which is my nationality (Czech Republic for those who aare wondering) which was the style at the time among my fellow countrymen, so DanteCZ was born. Howewer, when I was creating PSN account, even DanteCZ was taken, which made me more angry than it should, and I had to add something else, so I picked once again popular thing back then - year when I was born and shuffle the name a bit. And so, czDante92 was born. Luckily, that one was available, otherwise I'd probably add my home adress, phone and social security number at this rate. Now I realize that it wasn't the most riveting tale and it's not the greatest or most original nickname, quite the contrary actually, but I got used to it and I'm not planning on changing it anytime soon :)
Besides, it could have been much, much worse. I could have been xXx_Dante_xXx. It was truly dark times of the internet popculture.

I was a different name before I stuck with what I have now:

From 2013-2019 I was Boston_Strong6, with the name raising awareness to the Boston Strong movement after the Boston Marathon bombings in my home state at the time.

After Sony finally added the feature of changing online names, I got creative with the name I got now: Lil-Gameboy123. The “Lil” part comes from me taking a liking to some of today’s rap music and since there’s a bunch of artists with “Lil” in their name (Lil Wayne, Lil Nas X, Lil Durk, Lil Pump, etc). Then the “Gameboy” part has two different meanings behind it: one is the name of a classic handheld gaming device I loved playing with as a kid. Two is because it basically sums up who I am. Then 123 was just because ??‍♂️.

When I created my PS3 account I choose a nickname for my first name and my age at the time which became jermster18. When Playstation added the ability to change the name, kept the nickname for my first name but added my birth year. Not really exciting but I prefer it over my original name. 

• 2 months later...