What the origin of your PSN name ?

Aranea Highwind

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Mine comes from my 1st email account that I still use. It's my first name followed by my initials and my age at the time it was created. In hindsight I should have used the year of my birth instead. Oh, well.

I use the GabrielMS13 name and slight variations of it for pretty much everything that requires an account.

• Like 1

I picked POEman553 because:

1) POE is my last name

2) I was relatively new with the online world and with PlayStation and didn't want an user name where people would message me with "hey baby, whatcha doing later?" and presume I'm a woman. I just was like, "Surely someone can't message me with that if POEman is my user name" (doesn't stop me from getting it though)

3) 553 has no significance

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I picked POEman553 because:

1) POE is my last name

2) I was relatively new with the online world and with PlayStation and didn't want an user name where people would message me with "hey baby, whatcha doing later?" and presume I'm a woman. I just was like, "Surely someone can't message me with that if POEman is my user name" (doesn't stop me from getting it though)

3) 553 has no significance

Haha, I did the same by picking a female name, no "watcha doing later" messages thankfully, but that's just because Gravity Rush was my latest platinum in my previous account, I loved the game and even more the character, didn't want to stop playing it and was so emotionally connected with Kat. Gravity Queen is her ultimate rank name. Also, there are too many kings around when it comes to user names, and also too many male protagonists. The triple E's obviously come from Electronic Entertainment Expo, not because the correct name was already taken!

• Like 1

I used to be a big fan of Bring Me the Horizon way back in the Day when they used to be heavy (Count your Blessing days). They had a pretty popular song back then called "Pray for Plagues," and my name is a spin on that. Took out 'Plagues' and threw in 'The End,' and the rest is history. I even ended up tattooing "Pray for the End" on my neck, so it's safe to say I'll be keeping this PSN name forever lol. 

tumblr_m90j0iilMa1r912slo1_500.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I first bought my PS3 around 2014-2015 I was setting up my account and I literally sat on the username screen for about an hour trying different names but none were available. Then I thought of something funny. When I would play games I would eat a roll of regular mint Mentos and so I thought why not mentosarelife, and it was available so I added the - in-between so it would be easier to read and that's how I came up with my username and immediately after that I played Darksiders 2  

• Like 1

I was a stupid boy who liked edgy names, in particular edgy fantasy names, as I loved to create characters in every game.

Darghel was a dark elf character I made in the past - I think D&D? Not sure though - and his full name was Darghel Khanar. I even used this name in Shin Megami Tensei 3, with the nickname being "Darkhan". Again, edgy boy stuff.

When I got my ps3 in 2009, I was 20 years old, and still loved fantasy stuff, so I kept that name. I really don't use it much anymore - I'm not edgy anymore, instead I love cute stuff more, especially birds -  and I always thought to change it something else, but it's nostalgic to me so I never had the strength. 

Edited by Darghel
  • Like 1

I thought... I'm Kelton so ImKelton. Used to be ImKellton. No idea why but I took it out when you could change your name.

My xbox journey is more interesting.

I used to be "WailingStraw049" before changing it to Cookiecow123. Because I had watched a Minecraft YouTube channel called CookiePug123. Anyway so it was that for a while before being changed to BigLadMelton. Cause that was a nickname before just shortening it to Melton. Because I'm known more as Melton than Kelton haha

• Like 1