Crzy Minus

The High Road is the absolute worst level in all of Crash Bandicoot history.

82 posts in this topic

I'm probably the only one who got a harder time on Road to Nowhere than both The High Road and Slippery Climb, lol. The reason being, by that point of the game, I got used to the game's controls perfectly. They still remain hard levels no matter what (btw I haven't played their time trials yet so I know I'm missing out something).

Fuck this level. I lost about 70 lives trying to clear this one today and about 60 of them were trying to get to the first damn checkpoint.

Also, major kudos to Smithy for mentioning that plat can be gotten without the relic for this :D

LOL, High Road, Road to Nowhere and Slippery Climb are hard levels, but they aren't so bad. I could say that control is better here than the original game (IMO). So, that really helps a lot when you try to beat these levels.

On 05/08/2017 at 4:19 PM, Lightning_0608 said:

Fuck this level. I lost about 70 lives trying to clear this one today and about 60 of them were trying to get to the first damn checkpoint.

Also, major kudos to Smithy for mentioning that plat can be gotten without the relic for this :D

I wish I had known that, before going for the Relic. I got gold, but I will NEVER play this level again.

My Platinum Relic run. Definitely not so hard when you get use to rope jumping.

Edited by Juzota

I just beated this level today in about 30 min since my first try (gold relic 1:05:23), so close to the plat  one :P

I'm getting every relic before going into the next level, so this was my 17th or 18th relic, but I didn't find this as a big trouble (I think i have some decent skill because i have the Super Meat Boy plat and this is a joke compared to that game), the key is to master the jump upon the ropes and find your own route, the timing is not that bad and there is plenty of time to get a gold relic.

Edited by Franciscoo-

On my first ever play of this level I wasted about 30+ lives on it. Then I discovered the rope running.

Gold relic took me a few tries as I was always like 3-5 seconds off. Eventually edged it. Got platinum's on all the levels I feel I can now on Crash 1 now which is about 3/4 of the levels so I'm happy with that.

5 hours ago, CaptainMonkster said:

The DLC level is even more frustrating -.-

Not for getting a gold relic.

5 hours ago, CaptainMonkster said:

The DLC level is even more frustrating -.-

Stormy Ascent is pretty much the same as Slippery Climb, just a little harder, if you managed to get the other 26 gold/plat relics you'll be ok with this.

All I've heard about the remake is whining about the difficulty. It's old school gaming.

I just complete this one some hrs ago, it tooks me 1hr. For me, it wasn't hard at all, because even if you fail you can restart the level again without wasting any time, because the level is pretty short, but in other levels like Sunset Vista or Native Fortress you can stress very easily because they are very long levels and if you fail in the middle of them you will waste a lot of time. For this one i got 1:12:26, and if someone is having some problems with it, just use the ropes in every single part... 

This is how i manage to complete it, i didnt use the ropes at the beggning, the end, and in the turtles section, just the other parts (this Isn't my video)

Edited by jossmilan7412

Does anyone else really want to see what VV's route was for this to see how they set each relic time? I sure do.

Not gonna lie but due to the hitboxes I mean this thing is insanity. When I can do slippery climb in one go but this thing is a missio, smh.

Has this got any better yet? Ive abandoned mission hoping for a patch. Its hurts my pride because i consider myself an old school platformer. Havent tried in months though I must admit.

On 7/24/2017 at 4:14 AM, Lord_Shadow_Z said:

High Road is definitely the worst level to go for the relic because it is insanely broken in every possible way. The amount of precision needed is almost inhuman. Most of my runs end within 15 seconds, and I've never made it to the half way point. This level was handled terribly and very much neglected for the remaster. It was never designed for the new physics and mechanics, and It definitely feels like no one ever playtested it. At this point I'm probably going to do Stormy Ascent for my 26th gold relic because at least that level isn't fundamentally broken, it's just hard.

The precision needed is far from inhuman. I know they screwed up the jumping in this remake, but you can usually jump on the rope on the sides too. ;) And judging by how many who has been able to do it, it's hardly inhuman.

I will advise people to do Stormy Ascent instead of The High Road. Stormy Ascent, while still difficult, is pretty manageable once you know the enemy patterns and platforms. The High Road is literally a bunch of bullshit involving extreme platform jumping accuracy. And you have to do it quick for the Gold Relic, so you essentially have to jump on the rope, run across it, jump off and then jump back on. Not easy to do when you have just over a minute to reach the end of the level.

On 8/7/2017 at 7:45 PM, Crzy Minus said:

Debate me.

Two days of practice but worth it! 

I think I've finally mastered the turtles. I've yet to find out if it will get a better time, but I tried on normally gameplay and I jumped every gap without falling.

I didn't really need to do it because I did the DLC relic, but it was just like I thought it'd be:

I'm taking my time, there's not too much stress. I did have to finish it twice though, because once I was way too slow just taking my good time with it.

I had no problems as i just did the glitch and walked on the ropes of the bridge. The Slippery Climb level however, questioned my platforming skill which ultimately made me not play a platforming game again. 20+ deaths later. Yeah sorry the trilogy isn't worth it despite me playing this when i was so much younger. I had no bother then :/ 

EDIT 2: I actually don't remember this level on the PS1 version. 

Edited by EternalChaos72

8 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

EDIT 2: I actually don't remember this level on the PS1 version. 

That level wasn’t on the ps1 version. From what I understand ND thought it was too hard and didn’t complete it. It was completed and added for the remaster. It was hard but not as tough as slippery climb imo.

I remember this awful level, this one and stormy ascent were truly rage inducing! 

I was very happy once I'd got these ones done so I'd never have to go near them again. 

I don't have an exact count on retries and rage quits but it was a fucking lot!