The High Road is the absolute worst level in all of Crash Bandicoot history.

Crzy Minus

I just beated this level today in about 30 min since my first try (gold relic 1:05:23), so close to the plat  one :P

I'm getting every relic before going into the next level, so this was my 17th or 18th relic, but I didn't find this as a big trouble (I think i have some decent skill because i have the Super Meat Boy plat and this is a joke compared to that game), the key is to master the jump upon the ropes and find your own route, the timing is not that bad and there is plenty of time to get a gold relic.

Edited by Franciscoo-
  • Like 1

On my first ever play of this level I wasted about 30+ lives on it. Then I discovered the rope running.

Gold relic took me a few tries as I was always like 3-5 seconds off. Eventually edged it. Got platinum's on all the levels I feel I can now on Crash 1 now which is about 3/4 of the levels so I'm happy with that.

5 hours ago, CaptainMonkster said:

The DLC level is even more frustrating -.-

Stormy Ascent is pretty much the same as Slippery Climb, just a little harder, if you managed to get the other 26 gold/plat relics you'll be ok with this.

I just complete this one some hrs ago, it tooks me 1hr. For me, it wasn't hard at all, because even if you fail you can restart the level again without wasting any time, because the level is pretty short, but in other levels like Sunset Vista or Native Fortress you can stress very easily because they are very long levels and if you fail in the middle of them you will waste a lot of time. For this one i got 1:12:26, and if someone is having some problems with it, just use the ropes in every single part... 

This is how i manage to complete it, i didnt use the ropes at the beggning, the end, and in the turtles section, just the other parts (this Isn't my video)

Edited by jossmilan7412

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2017 at 4:14 AM, Lord_Shadow_Z said:

High Road is definitely the worst level to go for the relic because it is insanely broken in every possible way. The amount of precision needed is almost inhuman. Most of my runs end within 15 seconds, and I've never made it to the half way point. This level was handled terribly and very much neglected for the remaster. It was never designed for the new physics and mechanics, and It definitely feels like no one ever playtested it. At this point I'm probably going to do Stormy Ascent for my 26th gold relic because at least that level isn't fundamentally broken, it's just hard.

The precision needed is far from inhuman. I know they screwed up the jumping in this remake, but you can usually jump on the rope on the sides too. ;) And judging by how many who has been able to do it, it's hardly inhuman.

I will advise people to do Stormy Ascent instead of The High Road. Stormy Ascent, while still difficult, is pretty manageable once you know the enemy patterns and platforms. The High Road is literally a bunch of bullshit involving extreme platform jumping accuracy. And you have to do it quick for the Gold Relic, so you essentially have to jump on the rope, run across it, jump off and then jump back on. Not easy to do when you have just over a minute to reach the end of the level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't really need to do it because I did the DLC relic, but it was just like I thought it'd be:

I'm taking my time, there's not too much stress. I did have to finish it twice though, because once I was way too slow just taking my good time with it.

I had no problems as i just did the glitch and walked on the ropes of the bridge. The Slippery Climb level however, questioned my platforming skill which ultimately made me not play a platforming game again. 20+ deaths later. Yeah sorry the trilogy isn't worth it despite me playing this when i was so much younger. I had no bother then :/ 

EDIT 2: I actually don't remember this level on the PS1 version. 

Edited by EternalChaos72

8 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

EDIT 2: I actually don't remember this level on the PS1 version. 

That level wasn’t on the ps1 version. From what I understand ND thought it was too hard and didn’t complete it. It was completed and added for the remaster. It was hard but not as tough as slippery climb imo.

• 4 weeks later...

The High Road is complete shit in the remake, and I think I left it until last for this reason, but you can do it without the rope trick, as I certainly did because I could not get him stable on it. I had much more trouble with Stormy Ascent which took me I think a week or so of on and off trying. The Lab is probably the worst though just because of how sadistically strict it is. It's telling given that last I checked the World Record time was only two seconds faster than the Platinum time. They really did fuck up a lot in these remakes, though. Personally I think Crash 1 got off the easiest; they absolutely butchered Crash 2. 

On 12/28/2017 at 5:22 AM, LunchCannon54 said:

The High Road is complete shit in the remake, and I think I left it until last for this reason, but you can do it without the rope trick, as I certainly did because I could not get him stable on it. I had much more trouble with Stormy Ascent which took me I think a week or so of on and off trying. The Lab is probably the worst though just because of how sadistically strict it is. It's telling given that last I checked the World Record time was only two seconds faster than the Platinum time. They really did fuck up a lot in these remakes, though. Personally I think Crash 1 got off the easiest; they absolutely butchered Crash 2. 

I'm having A LOT of trouble with High Road, but I haven't had the time to sit down for 2 hours to hash it out for the gold relic. I'm only playing in quick 30 minute attempts, but it isn't enough lol. Right now I'm knocking out the relics as I complete levels because I want to enjoy taking the time to get the gems later where I'm not under a time restriction. 

I loved the original Crash games and this remaster is a big nostalgia trip for me, which is nice, but adding time trials to the 1st and 2nd games when they weren't there before is just LUDICROUS.   

20 hours ago, Seskinator said:

I'm having A LOT of trouble with High Road, but I haven't had the time to sit down for 2 hours to hash it out for the gold relic. I'm only playing in quick 30 minute attempts, but it isn't enough lol. Right now I'm knocking out the relics as I complete levels because I want to enjoy taking the time to get the gems later where I'm not under a time restriction. 

I loved the original Crash games and this remaster is a big nostalgia trip for me, which is nice, but adding time trials to the 1st and 2nd games when they weren't there before is just LUDICROUS.   

It's not that they added them, it's that the times they chose are far worse. If the times weren't so strict, then it'd be a nice little extra for them. I would love the developers to show every one of them doing plat runs on each level, because I have no idea why they went with the times they did. Did they even play test the times or did they just fly a camera through the level with a timer on, and after hitting the end of it go "that's good for the plat time".

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I personally think the entire first game is completely broken in the remake. I used to love it but they changed the physics so much that now stuff like high road is crap. I personally deleted it and done with it. I stopped having fun half way through anyways, my nostalgia on this one is ruined.