Sundered tips

NaseemJohn

On 2/8/2017 at 11:32 PM, joejoe221 said:

I'm glad to be done as well, my game crashed upwards of 30 times. Still crashes after 1.06 update. Never during actual play though fortunately, just during loading. I would have been so mad to crash during a boss fight. 

Yeah only on loading screen is a mess and loading time is ATROCIOUS

So I started playing again and I'm pretty much done but I can't get to the bottom right perk on the third area. It seems literally impossible. It's pissing me the fuck off and I can't figure out any way to get past the horde. I have the option perk shield build and an almost maxed tree but I literally can't even move my character in the third area cause the hordes. I'm about at my end with this game cause this area...

Just got my platinum and holy fuck that was probably the most difficult platinum I've gotten all year. Those end bosses were something else, I couldn't even imagine what this game would be like on insane difficulty. Amazing game but I'm definitely stepping away from any difficult games for a bit. Time to play some relaxing games.

2 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Just got my platinum and holy fuck that was probably the most difficult platinum I've gotten all year. Those end bosses were something else, I couldn't even imagine what this game would be like on insane difficulty. Amazing game but I'm definitely stepping away from any difficult games for a bit. Time to play some relaxing games.

Ahah goodwork congrats on the platinum !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

Ahah goodwork congrats on the platinum !

Thanks! Next game is probably gonna be Agents of Mayhem cause I just wanna fuck around and destroy because how tense and frustrating Sundered was. I'll probably put the Sundered platinum in my cabinet, I'm going to assume it will stay ultra rare.

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

Thanks! Next game is probably gonna be Agents of Mayhem cause I just wanna fuck around and destroy because how tense and frustrating Sundered was. I'll probably put the Sundered platinum in my cabinet, I'm going to assume it will stay ultra rare.

Really excited for that game too. And yeah I'm assuming it'll stay that way too 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 7/29/2017 at 6:40 PM, NaseemJohn said:

So I just got the platinum and ive decided to give you guys some quick tips that might help make things easier since the game can be pretty challenging. 

- Once you get to the first boss, I suggest destroying as many crystals as you can but don't kill the boss, instead die and by doing that you'll easily make at least 5k shards each time which is a lot at the start of the game. (Do this at every boss)

- Try to get all abilities as early as possible. This will help with the constant backtracking and traveling you have to do every time you die. 

- Once you're strong enough, go back to earlier areas and clear out mini bosses and hordes bosses for perks and upgraded ones.

- Destroying the crystals gives you insane amounts of shards to upgrade but also unlocks new skills which makes your character overpowered. (Good ending)

- Corrupting abilities by using the crystals gives better traversal powers. (Evil ending)

Anyone looking for an overpowered perk combination this one is a must. You can easily destroy enemies while staying alive for very long and get through the game without much trouble.

-Sharp edge (Increases melee damage but reduces health).

-Shield converter (Your maximum health is converted into shield but your health becomes 1) 

- Shield flasks (Increases your maximum health elixiirs by 3 but transforms them into shield elixirs) 

That's all I have for now cheers and I wish y'all goodluck :)

Good tips.

The only one I didn't really think worked well was destroying crystals on bosses. While the Rivalry boss drops a ton of shards (even more if you equip the perk), I found that hunting treasures once you got the ability to see all treasures was a lot faster. Add to that the perk that raises the number of shard drops for treasures, while raising the number of hordes, and I was getting 50000-70000 shards every 30 minutes in the City area.

• 7 months later...

Puh, i guess I need some pro tips. I’m a bit stuck right now, so any tip is appreciated.

i killed the first boss. The one in the first area ( when you start the are under the shine. The boss on the throne ) 

now i have no idea where  to go anymore, I opened the cathedral, but I can’ go very far. Same problem with the left area. It seems that I miss a skill or something. I received the cannon, the double jump and the ability to cut through those barriers with the charge attack. I th No I searched everything but I have no clue what i’m missing. 

Which area have you visited after the first boss. And where is second one?

i really love this game but this map I pure cancer. 

Another question:

to avoid a second playthrough, I have to save all shards. Does that mean, that I have to avoid to burn them ( flame symbol on map ) and that I have to avoid those pink alien like symbols on the map which give me the better corrupted skills as well?

thanks in advance 

• 3 months later...

I just completed the game and I have the following tips to add:

-Play on Easy. Don't missunderedstand me (I had to), it's not actually easy, but it's definitely easier, and it doesn't void any trophies.

-You can complete the 3 mask challenges and bonus boss for some nice bonus perks that also make the game easier (cheaper upgrades, more range on finisher, lvl-4 perks available, and... I forget the other).

-I had a hard time finding the Steel Spine perk. It's in the east area. Just take the first elevator and you'll notice some platforms on the left side as you get up close to the poisonous clouds zone. Get off just above, and drop down aiming for those platforms. Perk obtained!

I loved the game - highly recommended!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Also, you can fight bosses again after beating them, so if you max up your luck and equip perks like Nemesis and Golden Charm, you get a crapload of shards in a matter of minutes. My favorite boss for farming shards this way is Dominion because he's easy to beat and his boss room isn't far away from the sanctuary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Gameplay is good but this has to be one of the most tedious and confusing games as far as map progression is concerned. One thing I'm learning in my first few hours is to try and open shortcuts first, then moving to the objectives, because redoing the same portions of a map over and over, because you unexpectedly get screwed by an horde, is a pain in the ass and takes the fun away very fast.

Damn, never fight in the rooms where you can corrupt abilities, I was planning a single run but by mistake I've corrupted one ability, because you can't see crap in those screens, I've tried to quit the game immediately but it saved instantly. I've unlocked the trophy but it didn't even pop up on screen cause the console crashed lol, at least I didn't glitch the trophy or screwed up the timestamp. Might as well restart from scratch because I don't feel like doing two full runs of this labyrinthic game.

• 1 month later...

Neat little game I must say, wasn't expecting much but got into it.

Really liked that failure is bound to happen, but it gets you stronger so you can make that extra push, rinse and repeat (I know it's a common thing but I liked how it was implemented, felt natural)

Some areas were crazy...non stop enemies...at times I didn't know if it was some kind of horde that was bound to stop or it was really endless ? 

Interesting abilities (damn...corrupted versions are soooooo good, shame I only used them for a final boss)

Map was perfect for me, the important places were fixed and visible, that was the important thing.

Enjoyed it all the way

• 1 year later...