The 13 Plats of Halloween

Gonna do another quick list update. Night in the Woods was kind of a mistake. Demontower is so Not Fun that it's really tainting the rest of an otherwise charming game, but whatever, I'll keep trying. I'm putting in Nightmares from the Deep 1 to wind down from NitW.

1. Costume Quest 2

2. The Walking Dead: Michonne

3. Severed - done

4. South Park: The Stick of Truth

5. Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy

6. Metro 2033 Redux

7. Metro Last Light Redux

8. Dying: Reborn - done

9. Nightmares from the Deep 1

10. Nightmares from the Deep 2

11. South Park: The Fractured But Whole

12. Night in the Woods

13. Undertale

7 hours ago, MadDogProskelion said:

Given a few problems irl, gaming time got nerfed hard for me. Could I replace Resident Evil 6 with The Wolf Among Us (platted it early Sept).

Need to get back to The Evil Within for Cleanup, plus DLC, and the same with Until Dawn. Really enjoyed my blind playthrough of it!

Then I need to start TLOU and give that some serious hammering it seems it multiplayer, amongst other things.

If I haven't already reported it, Murdered: Soul Suspect has been completed!

Yeah, of course you can update your game list. I have no restrictions on this. 

On 10/7/2017 at 9:37 PM, xMissFantasy said:

Finished Dead Space. Man, the impossible difficulty was rough but after 2 years, I finally did it. :P  Only 3 left to go!

You're kind of amazing. I've heard that's a really rough platinum. 

11 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Ended up picking up Destiny 2 and MvC: I and they ate away ate my gaming time, but now I'm going to try to focus more on the event. I've been working on Nioh so I'd like to add it to the list and I'll also add Oxenfree, Murdered: Soul Suspect, and Outlast.

Nioh is quite good. I almost put it on my list. I started it a while back and switched to Bloodborne because a real life friend wanted to co-op that game. I plan to pick it back up soon. 

Edited by Toogie53

I think I got everyone updated on the main post. Let me know if you see a mistake. 

A quick Monday update from me. I platted The Wolf Among Us. I didn't work on The Evil Within. Mostly, because I was too lazy to go over to the PS4 and swap the disc. Buying Overwatch on disc was a mistake. My daughter constantly plays it so I can't ever keep what I want in the drive. lol. I'm seriously tempted to buy it digitally anyway at this point. I worked on The Last Of Us yesterday. I got the optional conversation that glitched on my first playthrough for that trophy. My hardest part was the tail end of chapter 6 with the sniper. I was one hit away from death. I did have a health kit but I wanted to finish without using it because I figured I'd get a free heal at the start of chapter 7 since it switches seasons. It probably took two dozen attempts to get it without being hit but I eventually made it and I did get a free heal. Right now, I'm in the middle of chapter 9 of 12 there. I just finished the last section of the game I was truly concerned about being too difficult for me. I'm hoping I can finish the single player up tonight. There's basically just two chapters left since 12 is the epilogue.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

@Toogie53 It wasn't too bad cuz I've played the crap out of it over the years but I appreciate it. 

On another note, I did change my list up. The post got lost in translation lol With work, I don't have time to do super long/hard difficulty games. Dead Space was an acception because I already had it started. 

On 7/10/2017 at 5:39 PM, blu3st4rdust305 said:

I loved The Wolf Among Us. The characters, the lore of its universe, the palpable sense your actions changed how others reacted to you and the events that transpired, all made for a gripping experience. It's also an easy and short platinum, so what's not to love?

Having since played Game of Thrones, I appreciate The Wolf Among Us so much more. Also, made me weary of other Telltale Games.

Indeed,is imo the best game of Telltale, not because the story (wich I loved) but because the game makes you fel the weight of your actions, and how you see your character carrying out the rest of the game with it. Also I see many others had decided to play it for this event too :yay:

• Like 1

Dude I swear I am cursed! I did it again. For like the sixth time, I make some silly mistake that means I have to make an extra playthrough of a game. In the case of TLOU, I just didn't find enough parts on my survivor difficulty playthrough to finish upgrading all the weapons. I didn't even occur to me that it was a possibility. So of course, the weapon left to upgrade was the flamethrower that you get in one of the later chapters. On the plus side, speed running the game on easy made me feel like a total bad ass. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Dude I swear I am cursed! I did it again. For like the sixth time, I make some silly mistake that means I have to make an extra playthrough of a game. In the case of TLOU, I just didn't find enough parts on my survivor difficulty playthrough to finish upgrading all the weapons. I didn't even occur to me that it was a possibility. So of course, the weapon left to upgrade was the flamethrower that you get in one of the later chapters. On the plus side, speed running the game on easy made me feel like a total bad ass. 

Oh, no! That would drive me insane. It tends to happen to me with collectibles on games where they are to be picked up in a single play thru.

Feels like I am running a similar risk with Amnesia: Collection. So many collectibles, many points of no return. Think I am about half way thru The Dark Descent, the sanity mechanic is interesting. I remember playing Eternal Darkness on the GameCube with a similar concept. Though I find myself running around in the dark for fun and to see how bad things can get. 

The tons of collectibles are a turn off for sure. I am currently using a text tracker of collectibles by area. So far, so good. Don't really want to run thru the game again just for a tinderbox. Why can't these games have a chapter select so I can worry about the collectibles later, ugh. 

Also, I've decided to replace Dead Synchonicity on my list. It just feels kind of inappropriate to call it a Halloween themed game, for me.  When I find a good replacement I'll update my list. Gravitating towards The Walking Dead: The First Season after the talk about The Wolf Among Us.  

Unfortunately I got Destiny 2 and it threw a wrench in the plan, I tried going for Claire but missed one Butterfly and got frustrated and honestly just gave up on it. I got the platinum for Destiny 2, I hope that can count, it has armour switching(costumes), fighting evil entities(The Taken), I bought Alien Isolation and I'm gonna give that a try and hopefully snag that too and Batman Telltale. But otherwise no activity on my side Destiny 2 has made me realize that I can have fun without trophies. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2017 at 10:43 AM, Toogie53 said:

Nioh is quite good. I almost put it on my list. I started it a while back and switched to Bloodborne because a real life friend wanted to co-op that game. I plan to pick it back up soon. 

Bloodborne is phenomenal, one of my all-time favourites. You should play through the DLC as well.

• Like 1

Hey guys! I'm still here, and I'm just giving a quick update.

I have one more trophy to get for P5, and I'm saving it for Friday the 13th... Just to give it a little extra oomph lol. Just need to find one Treasure Demon and I'm all good to go for that one~ I also started Layers of Fear the other day and I'm liking it a lot so far! I'm bad with horror games so I quit before it got too scary, and I'm for sure gonna have to do it in small bursts, but it's got a lot of promise :)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

Unfortunately I got Destiny 2 and it threw a wrench in the plan, I tried going for Claire but missed one Butterfly and got frustrated and honestly just gave up on it. I got the platinum for Destiny 2, I hope that can count, it has armour switching(costumes), fighting evil entities(The Taken), I bought Alien Isolation and I'm gonna give that a try and hopefully snag that too and Batman Telltale. But otherwise no activity on my side Destiny 2 has made me realize that I can have fun without trophies. 

You can post an updated list whenever you want. It's your call on if you think the game is Halloween enough for you. Either way, it is definitely not all about the hunt. I'm glad you found something that you're really enjoying. That is how I play Overwatch. I'm rarely actually trying to get trophies in that game and just playing to have fun. Their Halloween event just started yesterday. There are some cool new skins and some of the maps are decorated for the season. They brought back Junkenstein's Revenge mode. It's really fun! One day, I may finish the platinum on it but it's rarely my goal when I logged in on that one. 

11 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Bloodborne is phenomenal, one of my all-time favourites. You should play through the DLC as well.

I agree. I loaned my physical disc to a friend. I need to get it back so I can play the DLC. 

1 minute ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I've been waiting to play it for weeks, but the backlog keeps getting bigger and bigger xD how many hours do you spend on that plat btw?

I was nowhere near optimal so it took me three playthroughs, and my final in game hour count was above 150 hours. But if you're smarter than I was I think it can be done in like 100-120 hours and like two playthroughs :)

Friday Update - I finished the campaign on The Last of Us early in the week. After that, I wasn't up for challenging game play. I've been feeling fatigued this week. By the time I usually kick my kids off the TV and send them to bed, I'm ready to sleep myself. Normally, 8:30-9:00 PM is  when I hunker down and get a few hours of uninterrupted game time, because my wife works graveyard shift and heads to work around that time too. This week, I needed that extra sleep; but it means I didn't progress much at all on my three remaining games. I played some miscellaneous stuff that didn't take any real focus or effort. I didn't touch The Evil Within. I'm still at chapter 3. I haven't started Lone Survivor yet either. I don't have a lot going on this weekend, so I think I will be able to make some progress. 

Weekend Goals

• The Last of Us - Complete Firefly Journey in Multiplayer
  • The Evil Within - Get to Chapter 6
  • Lone Survivor - Complete one playthrough (3-4 hours I think)

I'll have to fight for the PS4 because my daughter has Overwatch Halloween Loot Box Fever. If I'm nice and let my daughter play a bunch of Overwatch, I'll probably play less TLOU and TEW and plat Lone Survivor instead since that's on my Vita. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 3

Friday Update! :P 

So I've finished my playthrough of Alien: Isolation and unlocked all the trophies I wanted to apart from One Shot which disappointed me massively. :(. But I'm replaying from Mission 14 through to Mission 18 using the mission select option as I'm hoping that one of those missions is what has messed it up. I have read that when dealing with Facehuggers, if you get attacked by one that you should reload the Previous save not the current one so that's probably what's done it, well at least I'm hoping so! :D Then I'll go back and get all of the ID Tags, let the Alien go to town with me and then finish of the remaining trophies.

Resident Evil - READY TO PLAT

Resident Evil 0 - READY TO PLAT

Alien: Isolation - 82%

Kona - WTS

The Escapists - WTS

• Like 3

Friday update, woo woo! Against my better judgement, I started two new games: Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (finished) and Batman: The Telltale Series. I had planned to wait on Batman until the end of the month, but...well, you try telling Batman to wait. Dude never listens.

I also beat RER on Infernal difficulty and knocked out a few more trophies on Raid mode. I...really don't enjoy playing that mode much right now, so I'm taking a short/medium/long break from it. Still two more games to play. No way is The Evil Within going to be one of them. And I'm okay with that.

1. The Escapists: The Walking Dead (23/25)
  2. Metro: Last Light Redux (48/50)
  3. South Park: The Stick of Truth (49/51)
  4. Batman: Arkham Knight (102/110)
  5. The Deadly Tower of Monsters (22/24)
  6. Dead Synchronicity (23/25)
  7. Resident Evil (43/45)
  8. Resident Evil Revelations (46/56)
  9. Claire (14/16)
  10. Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (10/12)
  11. Batman: The Telltale Series (6/31)
  • Like 2

Friday Update!

I started DmC Devil May Cry last weekend, I'm 3 trophies away of the plat right now but one of those is for completing the game in "Hell and Hell" mode, for those who don't know much about DMC is like the "Akumu" mode from The Evil Within, and for those who don't know much about The Evil Within either, it means one hit and you are dead ? it's gonna be fun... or maybe not ?

• Like 2

Friday update here too.

I ended up streaming The Wolf Among us for a group of friends, but I'm saving the last trophy for the 31st so I can have a halloween platinum. I also got the platinum for Splatterhouse on a whim. A game reviewer that I like was talking about it so I decided to dig it out of my backlog. And yes, it's just as enjoyably bad as I remember it being. For whatever reason, I decided I should write a guide for it on here since no one else has. I guess I just hate myself and like making guides only 2 people will ever use. 

I also played some more of Resident Evil, but man raid mode becomes a real slog very fast. I'm putting that on break until I finish the Amnesia collection first since that seems fairly short. I lied, I tried to play Amnesia and the awful motion blur and distortion effects instantly gave me a bad headache. I've never once had that happen with a game before and there's no way to turn them off so I'm taking that off the list. Besides that, I'm still chipping away at Mary Skelter. I like exploring everything as fully as possible so I'm pretty behind on that one. I'm planning on catching up with it this weekend though. 

So that makes 4 complete, 1 ready, and 2 others I'm working on. 

Edited by ImplyingYouCare
  • Like 2

@RizzleAbbey12 I actually managed to get the Nightmare mode trophy from Deadlight! I was having a rough time in a particular portion with a horde of zombies so I tried looking up a guide but all the pc players get like 6 health (ps4 is 3 max) so they would just run in and take 4-5 damage so they were no help. lol
If you ever go for it again I'll give you what little help I can.

@ImplyingYouCare Splatterhouse was way better than I expected. It was like....horribly good.

23 minutes ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

@ImplyingYouCare Splatterhouse was way better than I expected. It was like....horribly good.

It's a very special kind of bad. The groundwork for something good is there, but the game is very obviously unfinished. I can't think of many games that ended up releasing when they were as incomplete as Splatterhouse. It's crazy how blatant it is that they didn't have time to finish it. Stuff like the Wickerman and the final boss were meant to be actual fights but were cut out and you just fight mobs of enemies under a time limit instead. The scene where you kill the last boss doesn't even have any sound effects. It's kind of amazing how janky it all it. 

It's weird, I really shouldn't have liked the game because it runs at like 12 fps, has awful stuttering issues, poor enemy variety, bad sound, unresponsive menus, and inaccurate hit detection. But I actually ended up really liking it anyway. I think a large part of that is down to the pacing. It's a fairly short game where you're constantly moving forward through new areas. Everything is very straightforward, you'll never get stuck on anything and you're constantly upgrading your character with new moves. (Also this game has some of the best collectables of all time. I don't think it's even up for debate. They make sense story wise, get you more attached to the character you're meant to be saving, and they actually feel rewarding to complete despite being worthless in-game.)

Jim Cummings' voice work is also fantastic even if the dialogue was not so good at times. He's a lot like Tim Curry, both are just great to listen to even when they're in the worst projects ever. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Friday Update! :P 

So I've finished my playthrough of Alien: Isolation and unlocked all the trophies I wanted to apart from One Shot which disappointed me massively. :(. But I'm replaying from Mission 14 through to Mission 18 using the mission select option as I'm hoping that one of those missions is what has messed it up. I have read that when dealing with Facehuggers, if you get attacked by one that you should reload the Previous save not the current one so that's probably what's done it, well at least I'm hoping so! :D Then I'll go back and get all of the ID Tags, let the Alien go to town with me and then finish of the remaining trophies.

Resident Evil - READY TO PLAT

Resident Evil 0 - READY TO PLAT

Alien: Isolation - 82%

Kona - WTS

The Escapists - WTS

Yes. The death count appears to go into the save file upon the screen going black. When the alien gets you, it makes a big show of killing you. It will hiss or circle around you and the hand slowly reveals itself before slashing you. You have several seconds to pause and reload the save before your death is counted against you. The facehugger is a jump scare. If you miss the audio cue that it noticed you, it will seemingly appear out of no where. Just suddenly BOOM! on your screen. Less than one second later the screen is black. In that amount of time, you are still reacting to the scare. If the screen goes black, you must reload previous save because your current save will have a death count. 

54 minutes ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

Jim Cummings' voice work is also fantastic even if the dialogue was not so good at times. He's a lot like Tim Curry, both are just great to listen to even when they're in the worst projects ever. 

I just listened to Brom Stoker's Dracula and some of it was read by Tim Curry. It was an ensemble cast. Tim Curry was Van Helsing. He's very good, even with that accent he was putting on it. 

4 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Friday Update!

I started DmC Devil May Cry last weekend, I'm 3 trophies away of the plat right now but one of those is for completing the game in "Hell and Hell" mode, for those who don't know much about DMC is like the "Akumu" mode from The Evil Within, and for those who don't know much about The Evil Within either, it means one hit and you are dead 1f643.png it's gonna be fun... or maybe not 1f914.png

Sounds rough. I'm still afraid of The Evil Within. It's my Everest for October. ?️

• Like 1