No PLAT

DominicanGlory

LOL @ DF007gamer

I don't understand why a Platinum trophy / 1000GS has anything to do with purchasing a game on either PlayStation or Xbox. If you prefer PlayStation buy the game there, if you want Sonic on the go buy it for the Switch, if you prefer Xbox buy it there.

I guess it would be blasphemy to say here I played Bayonetta on Wii U because the disc came with Bayonetta 2 and I didn't want to repurchase the game just to get a Platinum trophy or 1000G on Xbox. :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScoldingComa7 said:

I don't understand why a Platinum trophy / 1000GS has anything to do with purchasing a game on either PlayStation or Xbox. If you prefer PlayStation buy the game there, if you want Sonic on the go buy it for the Switch, if you prefer Xbox buy it there.

Makes perfect sense to me if somebody has both consoles and is building their profile on both. Go for the version that adds to your profile the most.

Edited by Killbomb

8 hours ago, sonicace101 said:

Anyways, plat or no plat I'm still getting this game. If you don't wanna buy this game because it doesn't have a plat that's fine. Do what you wanna do with your money. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. I think it's kinda stupid but hey I can't really judge. We're all trophy hunters here. We all want different things out of our games.............. The trophy list is a bit disappointing though.

Yeah... True... I was hoping for a "Complete the game as Sonic", "Complete the game as Tails", "Complete the game as Knuckles", "See the true ending", "Set a time on every stage on Time-Trial Mode", "Play against a friend on vs. mode", "Complete the game without a single chaos emerald", and some other fun trophies they could have fun with, instead they chopped it down a lot... A lot of content not fully considered for this trophy list.

32 minutes ago, bpmotard said:

Yeah... True... I was hoping for a "Complete the game as Sonic", "Complete the game as Tails", "Complete the game as Knuckles", "See the true ending", "Set a time on every stage on Time-Trial Mode", "Play against a friend on vs. mode", "Complete the game without a single chaos emerald", and some other fun trophies they could have fun with, instead they chopped it down a lot... A lot of content not fully considered for this trophy list.

I was expecting time trail trophies too.

On ١٣‏/٨‏/٢٠١٧ at 5:23 AM, angelgrievous said:

I can understand that to a degree, but as @Shadiochao said it is up to the developers/publishers.  Despite the amount of people on this site and others like it, trophy hunting is still a niche thing.  Games like Energy Cycle and Mayo were clearly intended for trophy hunters and a new Sonic game is not.  

It's funny that you mention someone trying to whore likes while simultaneously expecting game developers to add platinum trophies to "whore" sales.  I remember when people bought games because they might, I don't know, be fun to play.  It's crazy I know.

Image result for old man yells at cloud

It's like this, for games that aren't my type I check value in the trophies to see if it's appeal to me but for games that I like I get the game regardless of trophies.
However it's disappointing to see games that you like don't have platinums specially when you're a trophy hunter, and I can understand people who are deterred by this who want to speak with their wallets.
Platinum Should be the standard for any game, it hurts no one and actually increase sales.
I'm a Sonic fan but 25 is too much for this game, I'll wait to see how much content does it have first.

On ١٣‏/٨‏/٢٠١٧ at 9:20 AM, clintstrifez said:

welcome to our world (mega man fans) at least you get 2 NEW games. we just keep getting ports. 

With no plats. lol 
I already finished 1-10 on the Nes PS2 and PS3 so the Legacy collection is way off my radar.
If it had Platinum I might consider it but it doesn't. 

As I already stated it's not about having no plat, it's about being harder than games that do have a plat. I don't feel it's worth the time and effort for a bunch of bronze trophies. And I'm guessing here, but that last trophy in the list sounds like getting through the whole game without losing a single life. I'm sure I will play it at some point but am I not allowed to be disappointed? This is a trophy hunting site after all!

• Like 1

I expected a plat for this and I'd be lying if I say it's not a bit disappointing, but game still looks good so no plat won't keep me from buying it (then again I might get it for Switch anyway)

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

Just now, JohnDavies350 said:

What does Sonic Mania consist of?

Is it:

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

Sonic 3

Sonic & Knuckles?

It features completely new levels set in some locations from those four games, as well as Sonic CD. It also has a few that are unique to this game. But it's not a collection, it's a brand new game.

• Like 1