How do you imagine afterlife ?

RainbowMika8788

The idea of paradise where people coexist happily is impossible because we're humans. It's easy for me to say this because I presumable have 60 more years ahead of me, but in some way I see that death is freedom. Because I am not a man of God, I have to come to terms with the ultimate death, which I think is only possible if I try to attach less negative thoughts to the 'one time experience' nature to life. 

I did check the rules, and I didn't find it mentioned anywhere if religion is not allowed to be discussed, hope I'm in safe waters. 

Either nothing at all or being reborn as something else (not necessarily human) at some point in time, forward or backward, possibly in a different universe with no link to or memories of my current form. If it's the first one, well then it wouldn't matter anyway and if it's the second one it sounds like starting a new game, exciting!  I really hope it won't be a game like Mass Effect Andromeda though...

Unfortunately, I can only imagine it to being an indefinite state of limbo. Hindsight summarises this rather well:

49 minutes ago, Hindsight said:

I imagine it as nothingness, an empty void darker than the interior of a black hole. It is as though a lamp's power cord were cut and the light simply fades, never to be lit again. During the final moments of life, our brain loses track of time and seconds stretch into days, days into months, months into years, until we've lived our lives over in their entirety-- a parting gift before the void.

Thankfully I shouldn't be dying anytime soon, so I have no need to worry about this just yet.

Despite being Christian/Other, I actually want to be reincarnated. For a lot of reasons. One of them being more gaming :awesome:

But seriously I will always have unfinished business. So paradise of which I've always imagined is simply whatever you want it to be, just isn't as enticing as coming back to me. 

I don't imagine it at all.  Even as somewhat of a Christian, I don't believe in the whole "everyone hangs around as a ghost and has their favorite food and drink 24/7" idea of heaven that some people have.  If spirits and souls are to truly exist, and heaven is to be where those things go, then what need would it have for food or sex or entertainment?  If heaven really exists, I don't think I or any living person could ever really comprehend or describe it.  I just definitely don't see it as earthly as others do.

I like to think of it as something of a personal Heaven sort of thing. Like think of it as making your own server or RPG game. You can make whatever you want and have things happen the way you intend, but if you feel like it you can invite other people to it to do whatever so you're basically like the Dungeon Master. And since no one can truly die, if you decide to have everyone mauled by Goblins it's no hard feelings.

So basically I would make mine a Noblebright setting with Sci-Fi and Fantasy elements. Think of it like putting Star Wars, Final Fantasy, and Warhammer 40k (minus the impending doom with everything in that setting) into a blender. The adventures would be limitless and there would be countless planets and settings to explore. 

• Like 1

haha...simply put, I like the visual representation of thinking of the source of all life as being something like the sun and our human lives as being like molecules of energy emitted by the sun...an endless cycle occurring in the eternal now if you wish...no beginning, no end...no afterlife...only life...oh yeah, and virgins...lots of sexy virgins...

Im not sure that anyone truly believes in anything beyond this life.

If they truly believed it was a paradise, they would surely kill themselves immediately to get there.

If they truly believed it was a hell, they would be driven to such a deep despair in this life that they would likely end up killing themselves also.

the best way is to simply try to get through this life, distracting oneself from the nagging thoughts of mortality with whatever method works.

For some, its drink. Others drugs. For some, music or movies or television or books.

For some, it's games.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

No sense of awareness, consciousness, or self. No sights, sounds, or feelings. Not even darkness. Just nothingness. Just like how there was nothing before our life began, there will be nothing when our life ends. This is why my personal philosophy is to enjoy the life I have now, because I know that it will all disappear when I die.

• Like 1

Don't really think about it. Mostly because you can't die and confirm what happens then come back and go well there's that mystery answered onto the next mystery.

Though I think reincarnation is a big possibility rather than paradise or nothingness. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Feral said:

you can't die and confirm what happens then come back and go well there's that mystery answered onto the next mystery.

you can but no one would believe you...take jesus for example, didn't do him much good...people are still skeptical and arguing about it years and years later...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

you can but no one would believe you...take jesus for example, didn't do him much good...people are still skeptical and arguing about it years and years later...

Exactly, you've got to have proof not just your word and until it can be shown then there will always be skeptics. Of course even if you got proof people will still have doubts.

Besides everyone knows Jesus just had a mad bender and had to sleep it off for a few days in a cave lol jk.

• 1 month later...