Will Cuphead be released on PS4?

Kaiten_the_Hero

On 29/9/2017 at 3:48 PM, AlexJones_Bankai said:

Hi everyone, not sure if someone has already brought up this Topic or not (sorry if so);

Does anyone know if Cuphead has timed exclusivity on Xbox One? Or whether its permanent Xbox Exclusive?

Don't particularly want to purchase an Xbox One just for one game hah

Cheers for any insight!!

The Xbox One version is playable on a Windows 10 PC and you don't need to own a Xbox One. You can get the 1000G in achievements on a PC this way.

Bear in mind that you need to buy the Xbox One version to get achievements, because Steam has its own achievements.

I would buy it from Xbox Store, but my PC's cheap graphics card won't run the game.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Its a shame, really. I would have liked to get the plat for it. Since I have to play it on Steam I'm in no rush.

I don't really like playing games on PC for some reason, even though I can use my PS4 controller

I have the same feeling on PC Gaming, used to be fairly big on playing on Steam but now I'm pretty much not interested unless I can play on Playstation. 

On a side note... the Pop Vinyls for Cuphead are AMAZING <3

https://www.popinabox.co.uk/merch-figures/cuphead-vinyl-figure/11563187.html

Edited by AlexJones_Bankai
  • Like 3

On 03/10/2017 at 1:11 AM, yellowwindow7 said:

it's such a waste to not let the ps4 and the Switch users to enjoy this game as well, especially the ps4 since it have a super huge install base, much bigger than the XBONE's install base that's for sure.

So is Xbox literally not allowed any exclusives then? if you want the game, buy the console - that's how business works. PS4 gets 99% of the exclusives - let Xbox have one.

Edited by Muur1993

I can dream of this game coming out on PlayStation. Maybe in a far far future, who knows?

Since I have a decent PC (that I only play Overwatch on it), I can consider picking it up on Steam, if I put me away from PlayStation environment for a moment and I just ignore the achievements (because they mean nothing to me compared to Trophies).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muur1993 said:

So is Xbox literally not allowed any exclusives then? if you want the game, buy the console - that's how business works. PS4 gets 99% of the exclusives - let Xbox have one.

so I have to buy an entire new console just for this one game?

Cuphead is currently the only interested game on XBONE to me personally, and I think it's very stupid to buy a new console just for one game, I don't even have the money to buy an XBONE at the moment. what if I bought an XBONE and a copy of Cuphead but then something happen and they announced that cuphead is finally coming to ps4? 

the devs behind Cuphead said the game is actually a trilogy, though the first game is a console exclusive to XBONE, second and third game might comes over to ps4 ( if Microsoft didn't do something funny by then ) like unlike the first game, this time around they might signed a deal to make the rest a console exclusive.

You can play the Xbox One version on a PC and still get the Xbox achievements, just buy the game from Xbox Marketplace instead of getting it on Steam, that's what I'm gonna do.

It is kinda sad to see some games missing on some platforms, but console exclusivities is the best tool that Sony and Microsoft have to make people get their consoles.

10 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

Cuphead is currently the only interested game on XBONE to me personally, and I think it's very stupid to buy a new console just for one game, I don't even have the money to buy an XBONE at the moment. what if I bought an XBONE and a copy of Cuphead but then something happen and they announced that cuphead is finally coming to ps4? 

the devs behind Cuphead said the game is actually a trilogy, though the first game is a console exclusive to XBONE, second and third game might comes over to ps4 ( if Microsoft didn't do something funny by then ) like unlike the first game, this time around they might signed a deal to make the rest a console exclusive.

I bought a DS for Pokemon, a 3DS for Pokemon, a future Switch for Pokemon, a Vita for Digimon and a PS4 for Digimon

I thought it was a timed exclusive...bummed to hear that it is a Console Exclusive.

Never getting a Microsoft Console.....a console that can't procure J-RPGS isn't worth it for me. Cuphead can't convince me to spend 299+.

Will wait a for a Steam Sale.

Edited by Kishnabe

6 hours ago, Muur1993 said:

I bought a DS for Pokemon, a 3DS for Pokemon, a future Switch for Pokemon, a Vita for Digimon and a PS4 for Digimon

that's you, I can only afford one console each gen.

never bought a console in my life due to just one game.

been thinking of getting a Wii U for a while now to play games like wind wake HD, fatal frame maiden of the black water, breath of the wild and that pikmin game. but the darn thing is still more expensive than the standard ps4 in where I live even after the discontinuation.

5 hours ago, Sigma999 said:

Cuphead would  be a brilliant game to play on a handheld like the Vita or the Switch imo . However i believe it would remain be Xbox/Pc exlcusive cause Microsoft helped in the marketing and funding the development .

MS funded and published Tomb Raider and own Micecraft and they're still on other systems. Seems it's Cuphead's choice to be XBO only. 

On 29/09/2017 at 1:06 PM, hugglebunn-e said:

He is really bad. This incident started a discussion that lasted half a moment, on whether Game Journos should actually be able to play video games.

On 29/09/2017 at 1:07 PM, TooruPT said:

That's the Gamescom demo being played by VentureBeat's Dean Takahashi, a video game journalist with twenty-something years of experience. It sparked a big debate about the skill level of games journalists and whether or not people like Takahashi are qualified to write about and review games when they're not only bad at games, but even fail to understand basic gaming concepts like he did in that demo. I mean, there's not being very skilled at games and there's taking two minutes to figure out how to clean an obstacle in a 2D platformer with clear instructions onscreen.

That whole episode gave Cuphead a lot more visibility though. In the end everyone won. Well except maybe Takahashi.

I saw all this happening first hand, i follow twitter. Wanna know what is most funny? If the journo had said "sorry for my bad skills but i love video games and hope to have more time to practice" the gamers would have supported him and end of story.... but NOOOOOOO he decided to attack gamers instead, call us elitists, gate keepers, bla bla bla... whatever dude, bad move, literaly lol. ?

On topic. I would LOVE to have this in my ps4 the art is amazing i love it, the style, the watercolor feel, 10/10 imo. Hunting the plat would be sweet tho. ?

@ziggypossum what r u doing to yourself reading polygon my friend? lol jk ? thank you for sharing the link :)

Edited by BG_painter

On 13/10/2017 at 6:14 AM, Muur1993 said:

On 13/10/2017 at 8:22 AM, yellowwindow7 said:

Both good points, Microsoft is miles behind Nintendo and Sony when it comes to exclusives and they should try to get more IPs. Then again, one seven hour game is not enough to buy a system for in my eyes and except for replayung Alan Wake and Jet Force Gemini, I would have zero use for an X1 system.

6 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

that's you, I can only afford one console each gen.

never bought a console in my life due to just one game.

been thinking of getting a Wii U for a while now to play games like wind wake HD, fatal frame maiden of the black water, breath of the wild and that pikmin game. but the darn thing is still more expensive than the standard ps4 in where I live even after the discontinuation.

I pick one, PlayStation or Xbox. I think the Nintendo consoles count separately due to the insane amount of games available on there that aren't on other systems, which works the other way around as well (got an X360 when I had the Wii because I wanted to be able to play stuff like GTA and RDR).

The Wii U is the first Nintendo console I didn't get since I started console gaming with the SNES, and still I don't see enough games on there that qualify it for a purchase for me.

6 hours ago, BG_painter said:

I saw all this happening first hand, i follow twitter. Wanna know what is most funny? If the journo had said "sorry for my bad skills but i love video games and hope to have more time to practice" the gamers would have supported him and end of story.... but NOOOOOOO he decided to attack gamers instead, call us elitists, gate keepers, bla bla bla... whatever dude, bad move, literaly lol. 1f602.png

Strangely enough, I seem to recall quite a few people actually standing up for the journo, saying stuff like it's not a crime to be bad at games, you don't have to be good at games to appreciate them, we were all this bad once, etc. Which are all fair points, but these people seemed to forget that... well, that's Takahashi's freaking job. I know what would happen if I was that terrible at my job. No one would stand up for me if that was the case though (and rightly so).

• Like 2

xbox and pc - Steam has It too, 

I plays on both Pc and Ps so I thought ?

Micrsoft dropped the ball, So I have a new laptop with windows 10 and blue dragon isn't available for it. 

I thought the big boss phil spancy said all xbox games will be for windows 10 too, if you have an xbox acct on pc.

fuck it's only the 360 and the one dafuq Mr. boss thought you wanted to unite everything has juan. 

Edited by Galactic Balls

6 hours ago, TooruPT said:

Strangely enough, I seem to recall quite a few people actually standing up for the journo, saying stuff like it's not a crime to be bad at games, you don't have to be good at games to appreciate them, we were all this bad once, etc. Which are all fair points, but these people seemed to forget that... well, that's Takahashi's freaking job. I know what would happen if I was that terrible at my job. No one would stand up for me if that was the case though (and rightly so).

Wow gamers some gamers stood by him? i didn't see that. That's actualy very nice. i only saw the massive attack on gamers. I guess pretty much everybody would be in trouble for srewing up in their jobs, it happens with all of us... But IMO i do expect ppl reviewing games to have at least some amount of skill... heck they don't need to have the plat for krypt of the necrodancer.. but just a little i am sure it's not too much to ask. No wonder utubers are more reliable than game journos sites nowadays.

Maybe 1 year from now like time-exclusive, we will see. there is a chance this game get expansion because its popularity and 1 year from now, rerelease on PS4 with GOTY/All Expansion included. who knows.  PS4 playerbase is really hard to ignore except microsoft really help fund this game so if this is the case it will exclusive for sure , but afaik it is not ?

• Like 1

On 10/4/2017 at 11:41 PM, ziggypossum said:

Cuphead won’t be coming to PlayStation 4

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/4/15919210/cuphead-ps4-version

I still thnk it might come over after all. EA claimed that ME2 would never come to PS3. In the end, we got both ME2 and, amazingly enough, ME. 

On 10/14/2017 at 1:00 AM, BG_painter said:

I saw all this happening first hand, i follow twitter. Wanna know what is most funny? If the journo had said "sorry for my bad skills but i love video games and hope to have more time to practice" the gamers would have supported him and end of story.... but NOOOOOOO he decided to attack gamers instead, call us elitists, gate keepers, bla bla bla... whatever dude, bad move, literaly lol. 1f602.png

And, it was insinuated, racists...

It's exactly as you say. While I'm sure that some assholes would still have tried to complain, all he had to do was say, "My bad. Not my best showing." Instead, his flare up made it seem as if he really was deficient at his job, and was covering for it.

• Like 1