aZombieDictator

Sony Rewards added rewards for trophies! (USA only)

246 posts in this topic

Is this a time limited promo thingy? i could just plat some games on my US account but it will take a while

 

EDIT - so i logged and became a 'member', now i unlocked the platinum trophy reward, am i safe to earn platinums now or should i wait 5 days before i do anything? (same for gold and silver rewards). Its not in "My progress" Tab so im wondering if it does affect it

Edited by Kyl542
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HOMESLICE2100 said:

I have 34 platniumed trophies so I was expecting once I logged in I would be able to get $30 but since they just put the trophy thing out there it counts everything from then on out so I have 0 which to me is completely bullshit.

 

I actually like this myself. Everyone starts on the same page, and more people get interested in trophies.

 

I've gor a bunch of plats ready to pop, so I'm motivated to get this thing done.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have three games I plan to platinum in the coming weeks. Bloodborne will take a good bit of time since I have never played through a Souls game before. Assassins Creed Syndicate is basically a big collectathon and Uncharted: Lost Legacy will mostly be doing cleanup while I wrap up my Crushing playthrough.

 

That's three platinums that could get potential points.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh... I wonder if the "US only" has something to do with the option of physical rewards? That always seems to make it limited regarding what places can access it(I also remember getting really jealous over never getting Club Nintendo here, at least that was available in a bunch of other places)... still, really annoying :c

Edited by Zanreo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love all the people raging at sony about no retroactive rewards.  If they didn't know about this, they wouldn't be raging about not having the rewards.  Sure it would be great to have $70s plus whatever for gold/silver, but I wasn't getting rewards anyway and now I am.

 

One last trophy for lbp before my 'first' plat.  Too bad I didn't know about this before getting several golds and a plat last week.

 

*****Btw, people be warned:  I based on how you have to opt into collecting rewards, I guarantee you once you collect the requisite amount, you will need to claim and then reopt in (which will probably take a few days to process) before collecting!  I bet anything collected between 10 and resubmitting will be lost like all the trophies you have already collected till now.****

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at these self-entitled little pricks on here bitching about a rewards program like Sony owes them something. Grow up. 

 

Anyway, I’ve been using Sony Rewards for years. I use the credit card for personal and work expenses and pay it off each month. I redeem my points for a $50 PSN card about every three months. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a joke I can never redeem my normal reward points for anything.  they make it such a pain in the butt to redeem them.  Its always something trying to cash them in from the website being down to a variety of issues that I've had.  I wouldn't waste my time.  Its like all reward programs.  they give you 1c for every dollar you spend then make it a pain or make it so your point expire if not used by a certain point in time.  go interest free everytime.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys i have a question,i am from Latin america but my account is from The United States,its because they sell North american gift cards where i live.

 

anyway,my question are:

 

1.-Can i use a VPN to sign up for the trophy rewards system? could i get banned for it? 

 

2.-I have a friend in north america,should i get her to sign up for me instead of using VPN? Is it safer/better?

 

My theory is that anyone can take advantage of this new trophy rewards system as long as the account is north american,is that correct too? i hope someone has the answers,thank you

 
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@aikn-yor

yes it works with a vpn but their site does absolutely suck! A lot of times it won’t let you complete transactions for no reason. And you might have to completely empty your cookie cache to get it to unlock you even with vpn. Good luck

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the My Name is Mayo plat actually makes money for PS4/Vita owners now, huh?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2017 at 5:16 AM, Kyl542 said:

Is this a time limited promo thingy? i could just plat some games on my US account but it will take a while

 

EDIT - so i logged and became a 'member', now i unlocked the platinum trophy reward, am i safe to earn platinums now or should i wait 5 days before i do anything? (same for gold and silver rewards). Its not in "My progress" Tab so im wondering if it does affect it

 

I'm uncertain about this too, I think I'll save the plats for past 5 days, probably letting one easy trophy to be the last one

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

forgive my english is a translator, someone knows if it is possible to have different accounts and make 10 easy platinums and then do it in another account? would be a business easy money not?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AnToNiO_DeMoNio said:

forgive my english is a translator, someone knows if it is possible to have different accounts and make 10 easy platinums and then do it in another account? would be a business easy money not?

 

They'd have to be really easy (or you'd have to be really poor) to make it that much of a "business". Even with 10 half-hour plats, you're looking at earning $2 an hour. Hardly worth the effort, even for a kid.

 

Maybe if you're autopopping over and over, but you'd STILL have to fill out the paperwork, and even for $15-$20 an hour (and that feels like a very conservative estimate), it sounds pretty lame.

Edited by starcrunch061
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

 

They'd have to be really easy (or you'd have to be really poor) to make it that much of a "business". Even with 10 half-hour plats, you're looking at earning $2 an hour. Hardly worth the effort, even for a kid.

 

Maybe if you're autopopping over and over, but you'd STILL have to fill out the paperwork, and even for $15-$20 an hour (and that feels like a very conservative estimate), it sounds pretty lame.

Takes about 15 mins to create PSN account, sign up for rewards, hack 10 platinums, sync, and fill out the "paperwork", repeat....so anyone can easily make 40+ dollars an hr...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KRATOS_31090 said:

Takes about 15 mins to create PSN account, sign up for rewards, hack 10 platinums, sync, and fill out the "paperwork", repeat....so anyone can easily make 40+ dollars an hr...

 

You wouldn't average 15 minutes a cycle doing this for any extended period of time (and this assumes that Sony somehow has no way of catching up to this before sending over your codes).

 

But hey - go for it! There's nothing like a job that offers payment in non-currency, and can be terminated at any time. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

 

You wouldn't average 15 minutes a cycle doing this for any extended period of time (and this assumes that Sony somehow has no way of catching up to this before sending over your codes).

 

But hey - go for it! There's nothing like a job that offers payment in non-currency, and can be terminated at any time. 

lol Funny thing is that they just give you redeem codes for the $10 PSN cash so anyone could just hack trophies on as many accounts as they want and just redeem all the codes on their main account. Also you can easily sale the codes for a discount online.

Edited by KRATOS_31090
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KRATOS_31090 said:

lol Funny thing is that they just give you redeem codes for the $10 PSN cash so anyone could just hack trophies on as many accounts as they want and just redeem all the codes on their main account

 

Then by all means, young entrepreneurs should go for it. But I think they will be disappointed.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

 

Then by all means, young entrepreneurs should go for it. But I think they will be disappointed.

its not a business like the guy said above but the exploit literally gives you unlimited PSN wallet funds so you can buy whatever game or dlc you want for free.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AnToNiO_DeMoNio said:

So someone who lives in U.S.A could confirm that this can really be done now?

 

Why not just try it yourself? It's a simple concept, and if such a thing really can be exploited (and I've already expressed my doubts numerous times), it will be fixed by Sony soon enough.

Edited by starcrunch061
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AnToNiO_DeMoNio said:

So someone who lives in U.S.A could confirm that this can really be done now?

it works takes about a day to receive the code.

4 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

 

Why not just try it yourself? It's a simple concept, and if such a thing really can be exploited (and I've already expressed my doubts numerous times), it will be fixed by Sony soon enough.

That's how I got Call of Duty WW2 in like 2 hrs ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still haven't got my $10 code and I redeemed my points like 5 days ago...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.