Black Friday PSN Sale (NA)

NathanielJohn

28 minutes ago, gostamuito said:

In my region, Brazil, the package with 3 Assassin's Creed (IV, Unity and Syndicate) is 67% off, or equivalent to $34 dollars, is that a good price?

Yup, you're gonna get a lot of bang for your dollar with that package.

I'm currently considering buying the Ezio trilogy for $30, so it's basically the same price for much older (remastered) games.

Was cross-checking Amazon for better deals on some of the games I have my eye on, and Syberia 3 is way cheaper ($13 Amazon vs $25 PS Store).
Can anyone tell me if there's some sort of difference between the digital version and the physical version? I can't wrap my head around why the non-sale Amazon price is $20 whereas the non-sale PS Store price is $50.

https://www.amazon.com/Syberia-3-PlayStation-4-Standard/dp/B06X9VMMFR 

1 minute ago, eigen-space said:

Was cross-checking Amazon for better deals on some of the games I have my eye on, and Syberia 3 is way cheaper ($13 Amazon vs $25 PS Store).
Can anyone tell me if there's some sort of difference between the digital version and the physical version? I can't wrap my head around why the non-sale Amazon price is $20 whereas the non-sale PS Store price is $50.

https://www.amazon.com/Syberia-3-PlayStation-4-Standard/dp/B06X9VMMFR 

Most likely no difference. If it doesn't list anything on PSN and you find a cheaper price physically, go with physical. I only go physical if I get the price cheaper than I can digitally. PSN won't match all prices, but by the looks of this sale, they did match a lot of the big retailer's BF prices.

1 hour ago, Lorajet said:

I'm curious - how many people buy digital versus the physical disc?  I'm probably 50/50 on this.  Was going to pick up Uncharted at Best Buy for $19.99, but seeing the digital on PSN for the same price, what to do?   ?

I prefer physical copies for my PS3 and PS4 as I don't like to bother with downloads or worry about available space, etc. For my Vita, however, I prefer digital games as needing to carry around cartridges kind of defeats the purpose of a handheld imo.

6 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Most likely no difference. If it doesn't list anything on PSN and you find a cheaper price physically, go with physical. I only go physical if I get the price cheaper than I can digitally. PSN won't match all prices, but by the looks of this sale, they did match a lot of the big retailer's BF prices.

I haven't done any research for retailers' Black Friday deals yet... just checked Amazon's current prices. PSN beats all the current Amazon prices with this sale for the 10ish games I looked into by at least 20%, aside from Syberia 3.

I am legit confused why they had the "early access" thing, when not all of the games were even in it.

Anyway, nothing really jumps out at me. At least a few of these games are going to be cheaper at other stores (like Tekken 7 will be $25 at Gamestop), so there's not much reason to really bother with the sale. Especially since the physical copies are cheaper.

I really hope there's some better deals with the Flash Sale for the actual Black Friday.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 1

Good sale! A coupling things to note:

1) FFXV premium edition is only $33.40 CAD but I've never played a FF game before so would u guys recommend it. Game does look interesting. 

2) witcher is another I'm not so sure about. Not because of it not being good but I'm worried that with the limited time I have I'll just lose interest in investing 150-200 hrs when I can only manage like 3-4hrs playing/ week. But $26.80 is a steal. Mmm

3) it's sad that Mirror's Edge Catalyst is only like $6! But it's good I guess that more people will get to play it :)

Also EB Games will have a really decent sale which I'm looking forward to :)

2 minutes ago, Garbodor said:

2) witcher is another I'm not so sure about. Not because of it not being good but I'm worried that with the limited time I have I'll just lose interest in investing 150-200 hrs when I can only manage like 3-4hrs playing/ week. But $26.80 is a steal. Mmm

The Witcher 3 is an excellent game for the money.  I have to keep a journal on where I'm at in the game (not a bad thing) because I get 1) distracted easily and 2) like to play other games. ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nyonmyan said:

Other accounts can use it because your original account is still functional. If you will lose it to ban/theft/lost password, other accounts will lose access to content as well.

If someone come in your house and steal it or burn your house down you lose your physical. What are the chances of getting banned or account stolen or even lost password?? Lol...im just saying if you coukd lose your digital game so can physical.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lorajet said:

Now I'm wondering about something.  If you have 2 PS4s, and you have a friend come over for the holidays and they log onto their account.  Would it be an argument for a digital copy of the game to where the 2 of you could MP?  I know the whole thing about primary PS4 activation. 

I have mutliple ps4 in the house. 2 originals and a Pro. Maybe more if they release a Pro 2 upgrade.... so thats why I also prefer digital. Its just convenient and these last few years I just hate that game box/disc clutter. I know some people like it. It's like an art stacking games but when you need shelves and shelves and shevles...it gets overwhelming. Also thanks to PS4 allowing external and that I now have 8TB of space, buying digitals and playing whatever whenever is just so so sweet.

54 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

The Witcher 3 is an excellent game for the money.  I have to keep a journal on where I'm at in the game (not a bad thing) because I get 1) distracted easily and 2) like to play other games. 1f600.png

Haha that's what I am saying man, I will definitely get distracted XD. Thanks for the input :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil said:

South Park for $63 is a sale price? Man, where have I been?

I think Best Buy has it early black day access atm for 34$ includes that other old game Stick.

1 minute ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I think Best Buy has it early black day access atm for 34$ includes that other old game Stick.

? NO WAY!  I've got to check this out

6 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Erm............Uh, I only see that for the XBox....not real helpful here....

33 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

1f632.png NO WAY!  I've got to check this out

Erm............Uh, I only see that for the XBox....not real helpful here....

Nf9OAyH.png

Oh man...I could not resist the temptation and i just bought:

Farcry Primal (ps4)

Horizon Zero Dawn (ps4)

Telltale´s Guardians of the Galaxy (ps4)

and the witcher 3 dlc: blood and wine

Luckily, i had some money saved for games to play on holidays so... HYPE!

P.d. I prefer digital games. Here in Argentina, physical games are very expensive and they never have discounts.

fabiansc83.png

• Like 2

Interesting selection.

Outside of Setsuna, I'm not seeing anything new that I really want, but I'm liking that price on XCOM 2. Especially if the $25.79 includes the DLC packs (with or without WotC, that's still a great deal). You can also get all three Shantae games for about $25. And... hm, Mirror's Edge Catalyst for $5. That seems criminally low.

What the heck... I'll pick up a game or two from this.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

Wow, so many good deals (except some of those themes), but I can't get them all, I want some hard copies too.

Though I got to ask, is it worth getting the Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Wild land and Rainbow six siege bundle? I don't have either, but Siege doesn't have much content.

3 hours ago, Garbodor said:

1) FFXV premium edition is only $33.40 CAD but I've never played a FF game before so would u guys recommend it. Game does look interesting. 

I got the premium edition a little bit ago when it was about $55 CAD. Snagged it thinking it would be well worth the price but I was sadly mistaken. I'm in the same boat as you with never trying an FF game before (that is, before I played FF XV of course). The game is meh at best in my opinion. The story didn't interest me at all until late into it (it takes so long to pick up and become interesting). Combat seems fun at first but it starts to get repetitive and shallow fast. The only high notes I can think of at the moment is the game is visually stunning and the characters are decently interesting enough to power through the game. I only managed to get the platinum in the game because I took frequent breaks and being able to listen to music while I play.

In general, the game is definitely nothing special. I found myself spending more time traveling from location to location than actually doing missions. Going through the game felt like a chore. Few moments wowed me and I had an overall underwhelming experience.

Not trying to scare you away from buying it, I just thought I would share my thoughts on the game with you to help you decide.

On topic:

I'm interested inThe Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Ain't no trophy going to scare me from buying a game I want to play B) ) and Agents of Mayhem seem worth a try at the price it's currently at as well.

Edited by Night Cast
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Garbodor said:

Since launch there had been quite a bit added. Story has been a bit more clarified. Does this premium include all dlc? If so its worth it. If not. No. Things to expect; first itll start out very open world. You can explore the huge...barren map. Plenty of questing, kill this and that, hunt for great weapons. Blah blah. It wants to be an MMO... Travelling is easy eventually u can manual drive there or teleport later on. Or even ride chocobo...a big chicken. Game is short though and can be done very fast story wise. I personally dont think its thy best FF. But its aint the worst.

6 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

VC is a steal at $13.50 IMO. I think I got it for 20 or 30.

Persona 5 at $30 is very tempting, but I'd rather get a physical copy of the game.

Those are the 2 games I am getting :D

Although Persona is on sale at EB for 44 so I am just going to go for that instead (worst case I can sell it afterwards and make my money back while Digital I can't do that)

• Like 2