[Poll] Obtaining a Platinum more than once on the same account.

Mr_MovieMan29

Getting multiple platinums to one game  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be okay?

• Yes, if a person really enjoys a game they should be able to platinum it as many times as they want.
    • No, it is tacky and is misleading towards their platinum count.
    • Yes, only if the game is extremely difficult and can be looked at as a challenge to master.
    • Yes (other reason)
    • No (other reason)

Oh no, Aexuz, don't put yourself in the same sad situation as Mayus...I like you buddy. Just let it go. That's how I feel about it, end of story. I already put in my original post the answer to your question:

Why buy it again? There is no point. Just play the same copy. Delete your save and redo everything. If you need to import another copy just for a different set of numbers, that's sad. There is no point in it. It is comparable to hackers/cheaters because there is no point in what they do as well. You cannot use the rationale of playing the same game from a different region if it is pointless.

Its cool. I  respect your point of view and opinion about this. Its not pointless at least for me. I enjoyed unlocking all the trophies again for Demon's Souls because it is one of my favorite games of all times and I had more fun than playing any other new game that wasn't already in my profile. Its not always about numbers. 

• Like 2

Let me put it this way.

Games I really like I import before a local release such as the Tales of and Neptunia series, I play them but then a local version comes out I buy that as well to support these games so they hopefully keep getting localised. Why shouldn't I play the different versions on my account if I bought them and enjoy them, I really don't see the problem and besides is it really making your platinums seem so worthless or ruining your enjoyment of the game?

Also on the point that was made in that status regarding different languages and not understanding them, some do understand them and the English versions translations can be different although it is usually so a joke makes sense or something but still there are slight differences that can be noticed if you understand the languages.

In regards to Zero Escape Virtues Last Reward though I earned that platinum twice since I originally bought the local version believing it to have a dub/sub but the PAL release didn't have the dub so I then purchased the US version to test the dub out and have a more "complete" version, I fail to see what is wrong with doing that besides what account would I have tried the dub out on the Vita?

I have to agree with this, in my case the only game I have multi-platinums is Demons Souls, mainly because I wanted to play the game and it wasn't released in EU nor was even anouced to be released in EU, so I imported the game from the US and latter when it was released in EU I end up buying the special edition to suport it's localisation, and wanted to do the same thing with Catherine, since I imported it before it was anounced for EU and I just didn't bought it yet because now times are harder then when Demons Souls was released in EU and I have a lot of games I want to buy and didn't got yet also for the same reason, nothing to do with the fact I didn't got Platinum in Catherine.

I did it only for those 2 games mainly because even after the US release there were no EU localisation anounced and I really wanted them, since I would prefer to buy the EU version of a game instead of importing from the US.

Then there's the cross-play plats, that's generaly a cheap way to get more trophies, but then, it's not our choice to get or not a trophy this way, and with cross-buy people can play the games anywhere they want (ending up having more time to play), so I'm not surprised people would take advantage of this feature and the double trophies is just a side effect, nothing more.

But like everything, there's multiple trophies that are more fair then others and there's nothing we can do about it.

My personal "opinion" i think it looks tacky.  The 3 Demons Soul "usually" has the 1st plat played to the fullest, while the other 2 are done in 6 to 10 hours from duping.  Which isn't the same as doing it fully 3 different times, or show that you loved the game.  As far as the Cross Vita instant plats, even if i had a Vita i would choose not to do it.  At the same time it isn't the user's fault that Sony's trophy system allows stacking plats, so if they choose to do so then by all means.  Let's just say i try to avoid anything to tarnish my profile any further, so you'll never see Hannah or stacked games on my profile.  Damn you Socom/Fuel Jan. 2010  :facepalm:  

• Like 4

I started shelling hundreds towards importing around 70-80 plats. Doesn't bother me any. 

I'm totally cool with Stacking.

E: Also one of the polls or whatever is "Sure if its a love of the game" or whatever,

Plenty of people import just for the hell of it, Shadows of the damned is the most boring game to stack ever yet i have all 3 versions sitting right here. 

Edited by killerJAZZ420

:hmm: I voted 2 here: 

1) If one really enjoys the game like he/she can't get enough of it and or if it's easy enough to platinum, then yeah. :P

2) the other one is "No- other reason.

• Buggy games ruin the enjoyment of the game
  • Trophy glitch
  • Where I'm at, games are expensive. I wouldn't recommend buying a same game with a different region

If a game is going to be introduced as cross-platform, then there should be 2 separate trophy lists for each platinum. If the games have the same trophy lists then once the platinum is earned on either the PS3 or Vita version the other platinum trophy should be locked. What fun is there in earning the "same" trophies all over again? Platinum trophies are supposed to be a measuring stick of your gaming acumen. Earning double plats on one game does not increase that gaming acumen no matter the difficulty of the game, if the trophy lists are identical. In my opinion what I find most impressive about another gamers trophy list is the variety of platinum trophies they have. But to each gamer their own.. 

• Like 1

I have no issue with neither cross-play nor multi-region platinums. To each their own. I have a couple multi-region games (only 1 that I have completed in both regions so far). I feel a little guilty about my Sound Shapes cross-play freebie from using the cloud sync but, i'm not gonna lose sleep over it. I think if you take the time to play through the game and earn the platinum, you should be able to do so on any/every region you want.

I have no problem with it, I mean, they had to acomplish every annoying task to get the plat again, I don't see how that makes it unfair. The 2nd plat is the reward to a set of task, if you take the time to do them multiple times, might as well get multiple rewards :P

Personally I wouldn't import a game so I could plat it again. If I do ever get a vita I would only plat a game once. I wouldn't do the double plat thing. Just my feelings towards it.

If you do import or double plat that is your business but I personally wouldn't.

• Like 1

I have no issue with neither cross-play nor multi-region platinums. To each their own. I have a couple multi-region games (only 1 that I have completed in both regions so far). I feel a little guilty about my Sound Shapes cross-play freebie from using the cloud sync but, i'm not gonna lose sleep over it. I think if you take the time to play through the game and earn the platinum, you should be able to do so on any/every region you want.

you dont happen to have a Batman AA JPN do you :hmm: Let me know

my thoughts on the subject are that it would mess up platinum counts... i could platinum Hannah Montana 100 times and the only thing that it does is show that im a trophy whore...

if you want to platinum a game more than once you should create another account (I did this with Sacred 2 but didn't actually go through with the whole platinum)... I think trophies are starting to ruin gamers... some amazing games are out there and people won't play them because of trophies or won't replay them because they have already obtained the platinum...

interesting Poll but my answer is a firm NO

• Like 3

I personally wouldn't spend money on a game I already own and/or have finished completely.

I wouldn't really preoccupy my time with worrying about others are doing

Pretty much nailed it :) I voted "Yes - other reason" in so much as not caring at all can be considered a reason. It's not something I see myself doing either but never say never ;)

my thoughts on the subject are that it would mess up platinum counts... i could platinum Hannah Montana 100 times and the only thing that it does is show that im a trophy whore...

if you want to platinum a game more than once you should create another account (I did this with Sacred 2 but didn't actually go through with the whole platinum)... I think trophies are starting to ruin gamers... some amazing games are out there and people won't play them because of trophies or won't replay them because they have already obtained the platinum...

interesting Poll but my answer is a firm NO

Trophies don't ruin gamers, gamers ruin gamers. It is fun to hunt for trophies (in my opinion) but people make such a big deal about it, like if you have 200 super hard paltinums that makes you the better gamer in the world. 

Now this is not directed at you, but trophy whoring is an ugly habit, but people that continusly hunt down trophy whores are no better. Is just a couple of pixels, data and a ding, pay attention to what you do and why you do it, the other don't matter :D.

Trophies don't ruin gamers, gamers ruin gamers. It is fun to hunt for trophies (in my opinion) but people make such a big deal about it, like if you have 200 super hard paltinums that makes you the better gamer in the world. 

Now this is not directed at you, but trophy whoring is an ugly habit, but people that continusly hunt down trophy whores are no better. Is just a couple of pixels, data and a ding, pay attention to what you do and why you do it, the other don't matter :D.

I wasn't trying to come across as a trophy whore hunter...

I DO like to get trophies... especially when i love the game... but seriously, the ability to get multiple of the same platinum is taking it too far in my opinion... even us old men gamers who use to show off their memory cards of the 100%s could brag about how many times we've beaten a game but all that really mattered for bragging rights was the 100%...

bottom line is that people should do what they like... if its trophy hunting, so be it... if its gaming for the sake of gaming, so be it... if its both then more power to ya... if im honest i actually fall under both.

Its all a moot point anyway... I really don't think having multiple of the same platinum is on the top of Sony's to-do list.

• Like 1

Well then.  This thread took a drastic turn.   :|

I didn't vote...for many reasons.  For me this is like politics.  Both parties suck for the most part, but each one has points that I agree/disagree with.  

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what you want to do :pimp:

• Like 4

It's awesome how drastic it gets when people's statistics are on the line xD I like the idea of "spend your money how you want." But yet again, if you do it ONLY for trophies...it looks a little desperate.

...I guess this is a little like politics. Good catch daftprophet. Video games are for fun, not for politics.

• Like 1

Can't see myself getting multiple copies of a game to boost my plats. That Demon's Souls example stated earlier is perfect, I can totally see people just handing off items (especially bladestone weapons)  to other toons on other accounts to plat quickly. I hate that crap. If the game forced you to farm your own damn bladestone the game would easily be an ultra rare because most people aren't smart, patient or skilled enough to get it the old fashioned way.

So I'll jump on the "I think its lame" bandwagon.

I platted demons souls 3 times, and in my opinion this statement makes no sense "No, it is tacky and is misleading towards their platinum count."

if platting demons souls 3 times is misleading towards the platinum count, then so is platting hannah montana, megamind and CSI. These games are so easy they shouldn't even have a platinum trophy.

You platted DS 3 times? Did you cry a lot?

I don't like it. I think it's almost on the same level as hacking trophies. In fact, it might even be worse. The sole purpose for doing it is to stack your platinum count. Saying that you're doing it because you love the game is bs, because you already own one version that you can simply just play over and over again. 

You platted DS 3 times? Did you cry a lot?

No, I actually didn't. I had a good teacher :P Dark souls does make me cry... I play it once a month for about half an hour, get a trophy or two, and put it back on the shelf.

• Like 1