Post your newest 100%

Aexuz

100% Completion - Super Star Wars (May 4, 2022)

1L436ab4.png

Trophy Statistics

The Good

• Classic Nintendo platforming
  • Fantastic use of the Star Wars license
  • Trophy icons

The Bad

• It's not Super Empire Strikes Back
  • The controls are very fiddly, which are improved in the sequels
  • We probably won't get the sequels

What a classic.  It really brings home the saying "NES Hard".  Or in this case, SNES.  Super Star Wars was released for the Super Nintendo all the way back in 1992, and is a very cool licensed platformer that was notoriously hard even then. It's reputation still holds up.  I have had this on my wishlist, and on the morning of May 4th I was reminded "Hey, it's STAR WARS DAY!"  Do I dare attempt to 100% this before the stroke of midnight, unlocking all trophies on this most hallowed of days?  Yes, yes I do.

What a rewarding experience.  I was immediately hit by a wave of nostalgia as I loaded in, remembering all the quirks, both good (unique monsters only mentioned in the movies) and bad (hold "up direction" and "jump" for a super jump! Can't shoot while moving!).  For the no-death Jedi difficulty run it’s true you can just abuse the save-load feature and make consistent progress. The trophy guides talk about using PS+ cloud or USB to make a hard backup of your file, and revert if you back yourself into a corner during a level. Or in my case, hit “save” after a death rather than “load”.

This didn’t work for me. Deleting the game, deleting the saves, pulling down from USB, from Cloud backups, nothing worked. The in game save would never revert.  I read something about how there are possibly two saves, one for online cross play (Vita & PS4) and one for offline. I suspect the save you can backup is for offline play, and you have to log off PSN to use that one.  The online save is likely embedded in your profile. I lost about an hour and a half of progress fiddling around, hope this helps out some other poor soul in the future.

I still completed the game on time, and it was very rewarding popping that last trophy with an hour to spare! I never smashed R1 to blow up the Death Star harder in my life.

• Like 4

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L38a6b1.png

100% inFamous: Festival of Blood

32.64% - Uncommon

Turned out being a little annoying due to the collectables Trophies, but this wasn't too bad. Definitely easier than Infamous 1 and 2, since it's much shorter: maybe it wasn't worth the 10€ I paid for it, but overall, this was a short, enjoyable infamous 2-like experience.

With this, I have 100% all the three Ps3 inFamous games: I liked this franchise. I'm now taking a long hiatus from it before playing Second Son and First Light on Ps4.

• Like 3

L2259cf.png

Season of Infamy

Took me 6 years to finally buy the season pass and to go and play this part of the game.

Pretty fun but was missing one final Ending it feels like.

A Flip of a Coin

I started this one in 2019 and couldn't finish that last fight, and I finally finished it! I am terrible at the combat in this game. ?

I just have the AR Challenges to do. I will never do any of the AR Challenges in the game. ?

• Like 2

Le47fec.png

100% Uno

4.69% - Ultra Rare

I don't recommend this game. Uno has always been a funny game when played in real life with friends, but playing it against AI or with random online people is not the same thing at all. Not to mention that a couple of Trophies are very tricky to get, I had to borrow my parents' phones for like one hour to get one of them. :lol:

• Like 1

Le0c901.png

Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (PS4)

Oh my, was this one frustrating at times haha. I get it though, it was programmed and intended to be that way originally. While it doesn't hold up to modern standards being a 1991 title, I'm glad I went back and played this, it felt like I was experiencing a part of gaming history I never knew about before.

Difficulty - 6/10 (only thanks to very generous checkpoints)

Enjoyment - 7/10

• Like 2