Devil May Cry HD Collection will be released March 13 (PS4)

dermarx

20 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

i heard from somewhere i cant remember where that they where making a sequal to the original devil may cry games now that they got the rights back from ninja after they totally crapped there pants with that abysmal version of theres

Apparently Dante VA strongly hinted to it on Twitter or whatever.

• 1 month later...

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Even though the first DMC game I played was DmC: Definitive Edition, I would be glad to play the original series. I also played the first and second DMC, but just the first levels. Might take a shot! That way, don't need to get the PS2 versions of it (I already have the PS2 original game, lol)

Thanks for the warning! ?

On 12/7/2017 at 11:25 AM, LightningVII- said:

I remember it well. Don't know why they never considered a HD collection though. I'm pretty sure the series as a whole was really popular so it would of sold fine. If they were to make an actual ending though that should warrant them to make one at the very least as a catch up scenario, if not it could be a reboot if anything at all.

According to the fans' theory, the reason Capcom hesitates to remaster Onimusha series because of using several likenesses of famous actors such as Takeshi Kaneshiro and Jean Reno in those games. Hopefully, it's not true.

I may give this Devil May Cry HD Collection a try since I never play this series on PS2 or PS3. Hopefully, Crapcom will release more remaster version such as Dino Crisis, Chaos Legions, and ...Onimusha.

Edited by Leon Hasegawa
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 07/12/2017 at 4:26 PM, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Ehh, wasn't the HD collection on PS3/360 a pretty poor remaster of the originals? Hopefully this new DMC HD Collection is a remastering of the original games and not a remastering of a poor remaster. 

I own DmC HD on PS3 but never tested it. Is that a bad remaster in what way?

7 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

I own DmC HD on PS3 but never tested it. Is that a bad remaster in what way?

I own it, but haven't played it either. But from what I've heard and seen, it's a bit lazy. The frame-rate is good, but the remastering process feels like it's only upscaling the resolution. Since the textures remain the same, the upscaling makes the textures look even muddier than the original. Also, cutscenes weren't remastered and were kept in their original 4:3 ratio and original resolution.