The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

NIGHTCRAWLER-2MB-694x1024.jpg

Hands down one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Jake Gyllenhaal is brilliantly creepy as a sociopathic crime "journalist". Easily the best work he's done to date. The subject matter is intense and the ending shocking although somewhat predictable. Definitely recommend this movie.

• Like 2

So after I watched Mad Max: Fury Road I decided I'll give the original trilogy a go. So I watched all three.

Mad_Max.jpg

This one is, for me, the weakest film in the trilogy or should I say franchise. I always love revenge stories, and I quite liked this one, but it wasn't nearly as good as the other two films for me. Although the action is AMAZING! And it sets up the post-apocalyptic Wasteland for the future films well. And I really liked the fact that they're barely holding on to civilization. As the next two films show, everything goes to shit. Also young Mel Gibson is YOUNG :D7/10

4583928149.jpg

This one is supposed to be the best one in the trilogy. And to huge surprise to me, it isn't. It's second best to me. So, basically the world went to shit, only the strongest survive, etc. ... I just couldn't help laugh at all the leather dudes and dudes with thongs ... Also the main villains look like total sex slaves which kinda made me not take them seriously. But again, the action and the characters are so interesting this makes for a really fun film to watch. The character of Max was developed from a family man, to a crazed dude looking for revenge, and now a guy you wouldn't want to fuck with and lives like he has nothing to loose. Now that's a character you want to cheer for :D7.5/10

beyondthund_6449.jpg

This is my favourite Mad Max film in the trilogy. I can't believe it, since I heard this was the worst and bad, but to me, it wasn't. Sure that children storyline is kinda weird, but if you look in to it, it's kinda fascinating. How they survived, how they keep going ... Anyways, not very much action in this one, but it was still fun from the story perspective. I kinda see why fans of Mad Max would hate it, as the vehicle action kinda isn't there (except for the end), but it's still set in such an interesting world, I just really like it. The soundtrack was awesome too, not as good as Fury Road has, but still really awesome. 8/10

Interestingly enough, not one film reaches the awesomness of Mad Max: Fury Road. Even though they are all still really good and will watch them again. I am excited for more films in the future and of course the video game that at the moment looks really awesome!

• Like 1

Ended up watching Alien again last night. Allways a good pick me up for when I feel down on myself lol. Not sure what that says about me though  xD

Have got shawn the sheep off my mum to watch sometime this week too:P

Edited by Anturak
  • Like 1