Sly 1-4: What's your favorite? Least favorite?

Sly Cooper is a great series in my opinion. Sad how they left 4 at a cliff hanger and we may never see Sly again. In what order would you rate the Sly games? 1 being the best, 4 being your least favorite. Here's my list:

1) Sly 2: Band of Thieves

2) Sly Cooper and Thievius Raccoonus

3) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

4) Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

1) Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.

2) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

3) Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves.

4) Sly 2: Band of Thieves.

5) Sly minigames. ?

Maybe I mixed up Sly 2 and 3 as it's been a while since I played these games. 

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 2

1) Sly 2: Band of Thieves

2) Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

3) Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

4) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Love the Sly games. 4 was good, but it would have been so much better with Sucker Punch behind the wheel (no offense to Sanzaru). Who knows, maybe after Ghost of Tsushima, there'll be a PS4 Sly game :lol: 

Edited by Crazy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crazy said:

Love the Sly games. 4 was good, but it would have been so much better with Sucker Punch behind the wheel (no offense to Sanzaru). Who knows, maybe after Ghost of Tsushima, there'll be a PS4 Sly game :lol: 

I was gonna ask if it's possible for them to get Sly back, but Sony could easily give it back to them. I really hope so!

6 minutes ago, NoMoreHeroes75 said:

Sly 1

Sly 4

Sly 2

Sly 3

2 and 4 are like a tie and I prefer linear compared to non in the Sly games

Same! Sly 1 was so good!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

I got burn for collectibles in Sly 2, so

Sly 1

Sly 3

Sly 4

Sly 2

It's been 6yrs since I've played the trilogy, but I'm almost positive Sly 2 all you had to do was beat the story, collect all 30 clue bottles in one area, and purchase certain upgrades. Sly 1 had all the clue bottles. Then Sly 3 was the "hardest" because of all the challenges and getting to 100%

My order would be:

1. Sly 2 (The ending was the best. One of the best endings to a game ever!)

2. Sly 1

3. Sly 3

4. Sly 4

Though, let's be honest, they are all pretty good! It's like splitting hairs, because all the games are so similar except 1 is a little different because it has no overworld. 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Sly 2 is my favorite. 3 had too much going on so each individual piece was weaker than the sum of it's parts. I hate driving that crappy car around that stupid track.

Probably go 2 > 1 = 4 > 3

The only issue I had with 4 was the occasional framerate drops, but otherwise I loved it. I know some disliked where the story took some things, but I thought it kept it interesting and fresh. If only we'd get 5 so we can actually end without a cliffhanger this time.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

1) Sly 2: This is where the series really became its own, and to me is the pinnacle. We now play im a semi-open world, do actual thief-related jobs and actions (IE photo recon, pickpocketing), and get to play as all three of the gang, each who feel unique. You were given some varied locales, the story had interesting character moments, and it was capped with a perfect ending. The main antagonist was kinda weak though.

2.) Sly3: Not as strong as the second one, but continued down the right path. It added more playable characters, all of which felt unique, from the Shaman hypnosis, to the Panda King playing like a on foot version of lock on overhead shooters. The villian was a step up from 2, and the ending was actually pretty satisfying to me, both as the end of a trilogy or as a sequel hook.

3) Sly 1: It 's a really solid start, but ultimately just felt like another platformer that awkwardly copies from the old collectathon games; the option to tackle any given mission of a world in any order is rendered pointless by the fact that you STILL have to complete them all to even progress to the next world. Thankfully it was saved by the cast of fun characters.

4) Sly 4: A wasted opportunity. The gameplay functions as it should, but it brought nothing new, and in some ways feels stripped down. It takes the open-ended feel of the world from Sly2/3 and pairs it with the linear progression of the first one. All the playable ancestors feel liked watered-down versions of Sly. It's also the DUMBEST in terms of narrative. We don't get anything worthwhile out of meeting the Cooper clan and no real insight as to why they do what they do, or the effect it has on future generations. The rest of the supporting cast is absent, except for that ONE character who was at the center of the most nonsensical plot twist the series could have given us. Oh, and the villian sucks.

And to really drive it on home how pointless it was; by the games end, we end up almost exactly where we started after Sly 3, except now even worse. The writers backed themselves into a corner here, so much so that straight up retconning may in fact be the quickest easiest less damaging way to salvage it.

Edited by Red_August
  • Like 1

For me it's

1. Sly 2: Band of Thieves

2. Sly Raccoon

3. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

4. Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

Looks like quite a few people agree with me on Sly 3. Didn't know that so many people shared the same opinion.

Sanzaru should return for Sly 5, that studio hasn't done a game as big as Sly 4 since so I'm not sure why we haven't got a Sly 5 at this point.

Edit: Looking through sales charts it seems that Thieves in Time didn't sell fantastically :( but there is always hope

Edited by olimoo101
  • Like 2

All-time favourite video game in general must be Sly 2: Band of Thieves. :eyebrow:

If we're only talking about the Sly Cooper games, here is my list from the best to worst (I still thoroughly enjoyed each of all four games)

2. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

4. Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves

• Like 1

The Sly games are my favorite games of all time, I think the first one is the worst-- it's just not as fun as the later games, it has very weird gameplay and structure, it was fine just not like the rest. The presentation got way better as well and let's not talk about the art style (of the actual game not the cutscenes)

2. Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

4. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Edited by Mad-rise
  • Like 1

Never understood Sly 2 getting as much love as it does. Sure, it's an obvious stepup from Sly 1, but with hindsight being 20-20 and all, it's pretty clear to me that Sly 3 is the one that fully executes all the stuff Sly 2 was trying to do.

For me personally,

Sly 1 is the fav, followed by

Sly 3, then

Sly 4, and finally

Sly 2. 

But in terms of actually being just a better game and not personal preference, it's the chronological release order, in reverse. 4,3,2,1.

While I'm here...

WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT SLY COOPER MOVIE, SONY!?!?! I know it's not ever actually gonna materialize, but it's been years, just give me closure or something, at least.

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

1 > 4 > 3 > BH > 2

They're all great games but 2 dragged on a bit. The Contessa chapters were pure filler really.

1. Thank you. 

2. I was tempted to throw the hack pack one on too, but like, eh. I'd still say Sly 2's better than a collection of minigames though, or are you just taking the piss?

• Like 1

Sly 3 > Sly 1 > Sly 4 > Sly 2. 

Sly 3 is as good as the series ever was, with varied missions and great writing. Sly 1's pretty modest in comparison to the others but it nails the atmosphere and it's just good fun. Sly 4 is almost as good as 3, only it often feels like a rehash, the character models are pretty ugly and the writing is poor. And what little I remember of Sly 2 revolves around frustrating level design and repetitive missions. It does get massive points for Dimitri's theme, though. 

• Like 1