The ONE PS3 Game You Hated

Dragn_Whytefyre

I absolutely hated Capcom Arcade Cabinet.  I like Capcom as a company and thought it would be fun to play some of their earlier work, but then you realize it only comes with one free game and you have to pay for the rest.  Then the one game it comes with, for me, is abysmal. I instantly regretted downloading it thinking it going to be nothing but street fighter Calibur games.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, wafflestomper810 said:

I absolutely hated Capcom Arcade Cabinet.  I like Capcom as a company and thought it would be fun to play some of their earlier work, but then you realize it only comes with one free game and you have to pay for the rest.  Then the one game it comes with, for me, is abysmal. I instantly regretted downloading it thinking it going to be nothing but street fighter Calibur games.

I saw that, horrible business model. And I heard some of the games had really impossible trophies.

I played Bayonetta and while the gameplay showed some potential, even after several hours I could not find a way to ignore the infantile characters and enjoy its mechanics. There seems to be such a stark contrast between a good concept and the repulsively primitive world which they decided to set the game in.

Metal Gear Rising for example was much better in that aspect even though i wouldn't consider it special or memorable.

Metal Gear Solid 4

I have the original on PS1 played it found it enjoyable back in my teens after that i played MGS4 (not played 5 even though it was free) i just could not get into them the gameplay the story i just did not care about the characters i found it really annoying that i constantly had to stealth otherwise guns blazing (which i prefer) you die like within seconds more or less just found the game pretty boring i find hate a strong word but i did not like it at all. 

9 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

Metal Gear Solid 4

I have the original on PS1 played it found it enjoyable back in my teens after that i played MGS4 (not played 5 even though it was free) i just could not get into them the gameplay the story i just did not care about the characters i found it really annoying that i constantly had to stealth otherwise guns blazing (which i prefer) you die like within seconds more or less just found the game pretty boring i find hate a strong word but i did not like it at all. 

Maybe 5 is for you then, because it allows you to just run around and kill everything. For me it was exactly the other way around. ? Loved MGS 1,2 and 4, but disliked every MGS that came afterwards.

As for the main topic: FUCK BORDERLANDS, especially Moxxi's Underdome Riot, and FUCK BORDERLANDS 2!

Edited by soniq
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, soniq said:

Maybe 5 is for you then, because it allows you to just run around and kill everything. For me it was exactly the other way around. 1f600.png Loved MGS 1,2 and 4, but hated everything that came afterwards.

As for the main topic: FUCK BORDERLANDS, especially Moxxi's Underdome Riot, and FUCK BORDERLANDS 2!

Oh really? might give that one a go then because that is what i prefer lol, omg don't Moxxi's Underdome Riot made me hate Borderlands 1 i remember grinding that out for two days with a partner without sleep more or less... urrrhhhh 

1 minute ago, DarkSoleride said:

Oh really? might give that one a go then because that is what i prefer lol, omg don't Moxxi's Underdome Riot made me hate Borderlands 1 i remember grinding that out for two days with a partner without sleep more or less... urrrhhhh 

Just don't give up for the first hour or so, before the game opens up and let's you do pretty much what you want.

• Like 1

I don't think I hate any PS3 games by their nature, but I do have issues with specific titles due to their poor performance on the Playstation 3.

• Killzone 2. Okay, no-bullshit shooter. But what bothers me so much about this one is that it has a 150ms input lag on 30Hz frame rate. And this is supposed to be an fps game.
  • Drakengard 3. I've seen better looking PS2 games run better.

...actually, there is one PS3 game I dislike by nature now that I think about it. Final Fantasy XIII. Good designs, good lore. Shit dialogue, shit story, shit characterisation. I like the sequel XIII-2 far more, and the character Noel feels like a medium who vents out my frustrations with Snow lol.

Edited by Eraezr

One of the worst games on PS3 is Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office but I haven’t played that game yet.

I can only recall Invimizimals Lost Kingdom, since it’s the worst i played. Oh and How to Train your Dragon... I know these two are kids games, but sometimes I like to play them and, in some cases like Shrek 4Ever After and Ice Age 3, they are not good games at all, but I enjoyed the movie so I had to play them.

Now, 2 things:

1. about the primary post: I can’t rent videogames, they are only for sell here. So I can’t be glad about the money I gave to those games, only the time I spent with them.

2. Those people that mentioned The Last of Us or  Red Dead Redemption (these are some examples)... I’m not even checking your profile for what games you have played (cause they must be astonashing) but it’s almost the same saying those games are terrible compared to other AAA games. It’s like rating The Dark Knight with 1/10 in IMDB when it’s impossible to tell that NOTHING in the movie is average (at least)...

Any Souls game not because they are bad games but because of their controls being so sluggish and clunky. As I am very picky about what i buy I do not play many "bad" games. I do not play very many "AAA" games either as most do not interest me so i cannot judge them either.

Do not misunderstand I am not saying the Souls are bad games they just have bad controls which are where you get the "difficulty" from. I have only played Demon and Dark 1 so unless they changed something with 2 and 3 I am not sure plus this is for PS3 only. (expects to get flamed for this post)

On 10/01/2018 at 7:18 AM, dakk55 said:

I remember once I had some game named Haze or something like that. Never made it past the first level before I brought it back to the store and got my money back.

YES! my thought exactly! It was pretty hyped up but boy it was a flop! My mate bought it luckily. but I had to endure it lol

1 hour ago, damage_6-9 said:

It's purely a personal dislike of the game, just because a majority of people enjoy a game or it wins heaps of awards doesn't mean everybody has to like it.... :)

Sure, I do agree with you. Although, sometimes we have to think about the game in a whole and compare with other games in the same system... Those games sound like a disappointing (which is personal opinion) than a “worst game I’ve played”, it’s an harsh expression.

I can’t recall if it was you who said something about RDR, but “you” did explain why (like I said, I still believe that it was “disappointing”). But when people say stuff like “name + 2 offensive words about it”... like, why?! Then you check their profile and you see Batman Telltale on PS3 and it still better than The Last of Us? LOL Come on :D

• Like 1

I actually enjoyed Fairytale Fights a bunch xD
idk, never felt that bad, I knew what it was and it was exactly that, I still want to go and plat it though

as for my worst game...honestly don't know, maybe Stormrise or Deep Black
Stormrise is...ok at best it's a really bad RPG from Sega, the controls are clunky, the ai is too harsh, the limitations are dumb, the story is meh, probably the best part are the graphics and how much unit variation there is I guess (also want to go and finish that plat at some point)

Deep Black, aiming is clunky and that is enough to throw me off the whole game and make it the worst experience I ever had

honorable mentions would be NFS Undercover and Brink, just because they were kinda boring after short periods of time (I will however make myself plat Undercover)

3 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

Sure, I do agree with you. Although, sometimes we have to think about the game in a whole and compare with other games in the same system... Those games sound like a disappointing (which is personal opinion) than a “worst game I’ve played”, it’s an harsh expression.

I can’t recall if it was you who said something about RDR, but “you” did explain why (like I said, I still believe that it was “disappointing”). But when people say stuff like “name + 2 offensive words about it”... like, why?! Then you check their profile and you see Batman Telltale on PS3 and it still better than The Last of Us? LOL Come on :D

Short answer?.... Yes, it is. lol

Darksiders.

It's been a few years since i played this game but i remember hating it a lot back then, the style and look of the game was not "awesome", even though the story and characters were trying to give you that feeling.

The animations, speed of combat and the design of the game were all bad for me. I remember i dropped this game for a while once i reached some type of tower place/castle or whatever because i got bored of all the platforming.

I came back to it eventually to be done with the trophies already and it was a pain, i replayed it on the hardest difficulty and i don't remember it being too hard at all, just boring.

I think it was a mixture of the design of the game plus the flow of combat, the design could have been excused if the combat was more... fun, but the game both looked weird and the whole slicing part of the game felt dumb. There was no "impact" to it, the sound effects really didn't try at all.

To me the graphics looked a lot like the PS3 Harry Potter games, which is not exactly a bad thing, they looked "pointy" and pixelated to me. Playing as someone called Death who had that look was also not really cool at all. 

The game is playable and works but... it's just not my type of thing. Which i why i haven't played Darksiders II even though it went free on PS+ a while ago.

• Like 1