Tekken 7: Who did you use to get to Warrior rank?

Beyondthegrave07

Hi all, I was curious who you used in treasure battle to become a Warrior?

I tried out some of the new characters and decided to roll with Lucky Chloe to get this trophy. I'm not that great at Tekken, but I can still learn a few combos and guard and her moves are pretty fun to use. Of course, I could have used Kazuya, which is who I played as on Tekken 4, 5, and 6 for these sorts of trophies/rankings, but what's the fun in that? :)

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Clarification

If one is looking for a quick way to get it, that is almost 100% fool-proof, then Kazuya's roundhouse kick move -- when spammed over and over -- seems to trip up the AI, or at least until about round 100 when they get way more aggressive. I saw it suggested on the .org site, but it really does work for those that are really struggling with this in the later rounds, and it's pretty easy to win, like, 50 rounds in a row + special matches just by spamming this.

I wouldn't suggest taking it online, unless you want surefire hatemail or to get bodied by a semi-competent player that can just get around you, but for people looking for a quick, effortless way to get to 12th Dan offline in the early goings and just want an easy trophy, then it's an easy combo to pull off with an acceptable succession rate to be able to get to desired rank without much worry.

Whether or not it's the fun way of doing it is entirely up to you.

1 minute ago, iamjax said:

If one is looking for a quick way to get it, that is almost 100% fool-proof, then Kazuya's roundhouse kick move -- when spammed over and over -- seems to trip up the AI, or at least until about round 100 when they get way more aggressive. I saw it suggested on the .org site, but it really does work for those that are really struggling with this in the later rounds, and it's pretty easy to win, like, 50 rounds in a row + special matches just by spamming this.

I wouldn't suggest taking it online, unless you want surefire hatemail or to get bodied by a semi-competent player that can just get around you, but for people looking for a quick, effortless way to get to 12th Dan offline in the early goings and just want an easy trophy, then it's an easy combo to pull off with an acceptable succession rate to be able to get to desired rank without much worry.

Whether or not it's the fun way of doing it is entirely up to you.

Haha. This is what I did on 6 when it got too hard. It's actually pretty easy to guard. It's just a simple medium-low-low-low combo and can totally be punished after the final kick.

I think I'll stick with Chloe for now and get myself prepared for online battles. If I get stuck, I'll go back to this.

BTW, you are absolutely right, for some reason the AI just can't cope with this move well. It's been like that on every tekken. Surprised they still haven't fixed it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

BTW, you are absolutely right, for some reason the AI just can't cope with this move well. It's been like that on every tekken. Surprised they still haven't fixed it.

The start-up frames are slow enough that the AI will block the mid, but the follow-up frames for the first low are too quick for the AI to usually adjust. Many other characters have similar setups, but the Mishimas have one of the easier ones.

• Like 1

I managed to do it with Hwoarang, which is basically my main character. It is not a hard character to control and his moves are quite intuitive. Now that I reached the Warrior Rank, I started ranking up other characters, mainly the new ones. Katarina seems to be a fast powerhouse and Claudio seems easy to use too. Still, might still rank up Hwoarang or not, depending on how I might like the new characters or I end up using more one of the older ones.

It took me around 60 wins to get the Warrior title.

Edited by Caju_94

Lucky Chloe, that's  I main, since I got bored of Asuka (I can play Paul and Devil Jin to some extent but don't really like to use them).. well that and because my actual mains didn't made it to Tekken 7..

Said that the easiest way is probably just spamming the right or left kick combos with Catherine.. that's so much braindead that it's sad.. (also, this option should work with a turbo controller..).

• 2 months later...

I could have earn this trophy earlier since I'm pretty good in Tekken, but I decided to use every single character and to do like 5-6 Matches every day. Then, I changed my mind, I picked a random character (Akuma) and became Warrior in half hour to earn the Platinum Trophy.

A month ago I also became Warrior Online, using Eddy.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...