Removing cheaters from the leaderboards

hcmode

44 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

NEW QUESTION...

I've been wondering about the rarity values of the trophies. When cheating members are removed from the leaderboards, does the site change the percentage earned or rarity value of the of the trophy? In other words, if we remove cheater A, does it (or can we) consider the trophies for such and such game NOT earned, which would make the rare trophies even more valuable...

and if it doesn't, could this be done...leave their ownership of the game in the system as a whole, but have the system consider them as if they didn't earn any trophies for the cheated game....

For purposes of only the Leaderboards of a game, of a person is ineligible to be on the leaderboard, then they shouldn’t count as a game owner either. So a flagged game should remove one count from owner *and* achiever of a trophy, not just an achiever. 

Although in practice, I have no idea. I’ve never looked at the Leaderboards. You should probably post this in a new thread so it is seen by Sly and he can answer the calculations with the facts. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

and if it doesn't, could this be done...leave their ownership of the game in the system as a whole, but have the system consider them as if they didn't earn any trophies for the cheated game....

This is an artificial way to increase trophy rarity and is a sort of cheating statistics :)

If a person with illegitimate timestamps is removed from the number of those who earned trophies for a game they should also be removed from the game owners counter. After all, can you be sure they really have played that game? AFAIK, with CFW you don’t have to own a game to “unlock” its trophies.

Edited by Se7en

Alt accounts should be linked so even if you make 5 new accounts to cheat the system you will still have the Same position on the board so if you cheat enough times that's it forever.

Also this site is way to easy going on hackers and cheaters, what about the youtubers that hack and cheat for trophies? They say often they hate the mods anyway so why not remove them, Carlohas comes to mind. If he hacks over and over again, IP block him.

I'm a bit extreme with my opinions I guess but I don't think you can have a leaderboard and let cheaters just make alt accounts. Or better yet, you don't deserve to be on it.

23 minutes ago, NinisSuto said:

Alt accounts should be linked so even if you make 5 new accounts to cheat the system you will still have the Same position on the board so if you cheat enough times that's it forever.

Also this site is way to easy going on hackers and cheaters, what about the youtubers that hack and cheat for trophies? They say often they hate the mods anyway so why not remove them, Carlohas comes to mind. If he hacks over and over again, IP block him.

I'm a bit extreme with my opinions I guess but I don't think you can have a leaderboard and let cheaters just make alt accounts. Or better yet, you don't deserve to be on it.

But it's not about the person behind it. It is about the account. Why should people be excluded when they have a clean new account, only because their old account was removed from the leaderboards?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Izul said:

But it's not about the person behind it. It is about the account. Why should people be excluded when they have a clean new account, only because their old account was removed from the leaderboards?

Why should someone get more then x amounts of flags then others. If someone hacks and gets removed from the leaderboard why should that person have more priviledge to be back on it then someone else. For me that means if someone is able to have multiple email accounts and PSN accounts they don't get to abide to the sites rules, or follow it less then someone that cant have more PSN accounts.

It would also be interesting if possible to see how many of the people that have been removed from the leaderboard comes back just to get flagged over and over again.

7 hours ago, NinisSuto said:

Why should someone get more then x amounts of flags then others. If someone hacks and gets removed from the leaderboard why should that person have more priviledge to be back on it then someone else. For me that means if someone is able to have multiple email accounts and PSN accounts they don't get to abide to the sites rules, or follow it less then someone that cant have more PSN accounts.

It would also be interesting if possible to see how many of the people that have been removed from the leaderboard comes back just to get flagged over and over again.

I agree...only if its users that use CFW to get trophies (nothing wrong with using cfw and having fun or whatever and messing around but trying to pass it off as actually earning anything is just CFW garbage lol) Though I feel like others should have second chances because most the time if someone is repeat save file offenders the flag team waits for them to waste time getting and cheating trophies before they get taken down anyways lol

But I do think we should be extra hard on cfw trophy cheaters :o 

Recently I have seen fastest achievers with impossible times and messed timestamps. I am against hacking, of course, but how should I proceed? How do I point it out to the people who track cheaters here on psnprofiles? And if I do it, how am I going to know if there will be any retaliation? I mean, if they CAN hack trophies, will they be able to do something against my psn account or my profile here on psnprofiles? I know about auto-popping trophies in games like Sound Shapes and importing save files and character progression as you could do in Borderlands 2, for example. Its just that sometimes I am facing a hacker in the leaderboards of a game I enjoy and compete legitimately, you know?    

Edited by GravityQueeen

11 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

Recently I have seen some fastest achievers with impossible times and messed timestamps. For example: someone who got a particular platinum in a multiplayer game in less than 1 minute, 600 hundred kills trophy achieved before 1st kill trophy... And it only gets worse! In this particular case I'm pretty sure there's no auto-popping, no cross-save or anything you could do like in Sound Shapes. I am against hacking, of course, but how should I proceed? How do I point it out to the people who track cheaters here on psnprofiles? And if I do it, how am I going to know if there will be any retaliation? I mean, if they CAN hack trophies, will they be able to do something against my psn account or my profile here? Just to make it clear: these accounts with suspicious trophies were in the leaderboards, had no hidden trophies and sometimes were premium members.

You can report them yourself if you have the same game on your trophy list. If you do, go to the offending trophy list and there should be "report these trophies as illegitimate" in red on the right hand side and fill in the details. They will be removed from the leaderboard if it gets approved by the flagging team. There will be no retaliation because the offender will not be told who you are

• Like 1

What is CFW?? 

Why would users keep creating multiple accounts in order to bypass flags..wouldnt that defeat the whole purpose for them. Everytime they begin again they would start from scratch on the leaderboards making it pointless no or just a pointless cycle? 

Blocking IPs could be bypassed anyway if a hacker knew what they were doing

I agree people shouldnt be able to keep creating multiple accounts to bypass flags, but I dont think its a thing that can be monitored to be honest

People should be given at least a 2nd or 3rd chance at least anyway. I save edites about 5 years ago on a few games, and it still haunts me to this day. Reason I havent created a new main account yet is due to years of Ps Plus freebies, but think I will soon. But it comes at a cost because I must pay ps plus on both accounts if i wanna keep those free games

Im not really too keen on people using glitches to get trophies, as thats basically hacking the game but I cant do anything about it so I just accept it

Previous poster, that 600 kills trophy but no 1 kill trophy could be something as simple as a bug, for that one anyway

I find sometimes people will be called out for cheating, when their time is actually legit. Some wont view a certain plat time possible, but it can be possible. Sometimes some players can fail to notice just how fast some plats can be. Of course, this wouldnt matter anyway because cheater are given the opportunity to explain anyway

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

What is CFW?? 

People should be given at least a 2nd or 3rd chance at least anyway. I save edites about 5 years ago on a few games, and it still haunts me to this day. Reason I havent created a new main account yet is due to years of Ps Plus freebies, but think I will soon. But it comes at a cost because I must pay ps plus on both accounts if i wanna keep those free games

CFW is the abbreviation for Custom Firmware and it lets you do all sorts of nasty things with your console but this isn't the place for me to be disscuing that. You can do some searching around online if you need to know more about it

As far as people getting a 2nd and 3rd chance, they already do. That is the whole purpose of the 3 flags and your off the leaderboards policy. Whether it is save data use or some dick popping trophies for you, it all falls under the umbrella of an illegitimate trophy time. You can still play your PS+ games from your 'old account' on a new account without an issue. You only have to have one account on your console to have PS+ to play online so just keep you old account subscribed and your new one can still play online and your old games.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

What is CFW?? 

It means custom firmware aka Jailbroken ps3

Why would users keep creating multiple accounts in order to bypass flags..wouldnt that defeat the whole purpose for them. Everytime they begin again they would start from scratch on the leaderboards making it pointless no or just a pointless cycle? 

lol people are very persistent you would be surprised

I save edited about 5 years ago on a few games, and it still haunts me to this day. Reason I havent created a new main account yet is due to years of Ps Plus freebies, but think I will soon. But it comes at a cost because I must pay ps plus on both accounts if i wanna keep those free games

Eh dont be too worried about it just hide the games. Well dont let the reason of ps plus stop you, you can just use your new main account but have plus on the other and buy stuff on your old account. You will still be able to play online and all that no need for two accounts with plus...Example account 1 = old account with 10 free games and ps plus, account 2 with none and no plus, well you can play online and all the free games on account two as long as you have plus on account one so you will be able to play those free games and have plus lol

(omg it keeps double posting my posts I keep having to edit them to delete it)

Edited by The High Ground

1 hour ago, Cleggworth said:

You can report them yourself if you have the same game on your trophy list. If you do, go to the offending trophy list and there should be "report these trophies as illegitimate" in red on the right hand side and fill in the details. They will be removed from the leaderboard if it gets approved by the flagging team. There will be no retaliation because the offender will not be told who you are

I looked for the "report" but there wasn't the option, and I think I know why: someone reported it already, and the person with the suspicious trophies had the chance to explain it and is now OK. Would it make future "reporting as ilegitimate" impossible? I wont go into details, but honestly I think I was wrong about those trophies beeing hacked. Need to be smarter and cautious in the future, dont wanna ruin someone who did nothing wrong... Im pretty sure where the "report as ilegitimate" is located now, but I will stay away from it unless I am 100% sure of cheating. But, then again, as @optimusmart said, in other words, is it even possible to know? Wouldnt blame someone telling me to worry about my own trophies right now.

Edited by GravityQueeen

If you guys really wonder about GTA4. Someone started to report a lot of people for it, being a bit tired of the reports, I went ahead and finished the job up quicker, at least when it comes to the 100% board. And who was reported? Well, it wasn't the kind of stuff you'd get from encountering certain modders in an online lobby. It was basically just all the remaining trophies all popping at the same time, which I've been told is caused by unlocking trophies with a certain mod menu for the game running on your own console. Yeah, they were all cheaters. Only one person out of about 1500 even attempted to dispute it. That guy had SP trophies in both normal portion of the game and one of the DLCs at the same time.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

I looked for the "report" but there wasn't the option, and I think I know why: someone reported it already, and the person with the suspicious trophies had the chance to explain it and is now OK. Would it make future "reporting as ilegitimate" impossible? I wont go into details, but honestly I think I was wrong about those trophies beeing hacked. Need to be smarter and cautious in the future, dont wanna ruin someone who did nothing wrong... Im pretty sure where the "report as ilegitimate" is located now, but I will stay away from it unless I am 100% sure of cheating. But, then again, as optimusmart said, in other words, is it even possible to know? Wouldnt blame someone telling me to worry about my own trophies right now.

if you wanna report a game that you dont have PM MMDE or grimydawg, and if its a game you do have and you cant report it then someone else already has reported but you can still bring it attention to the flagging team because who knows, maybe you spotted something someone else didnt spot

(Edit again..another double post lmao)

Edited by The High Ground
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

if you wanna report a game that you dont have PM MMDE or grimydawg, and if its a game you do have and you cant report it then someone else already has reported but you can still bring it attention to the flagging team because who knows, maybe you spotted something someone else didnt spot

(Edit again..another double post lmao)

It is a game I have in my list, Drawn to Death, so they already were flagged and came clean of it. Both guys have double stacked it, must be some sort of exporting character progression between regions, I guess. One platinum looks legit, the stack looks like auto-pop, I think thats what happened. I probably was mistaken! Thanks for helping me and for the information ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BHK3 said:

Thing is we can't do much about most cheaters until the system gets more automated, I found a guy yesterday that had his stuff reported already for multiple games but he's still on the leaderboards till someone decides to ban him or whatever. This process imo takes way too long sometimes.

Well, there's no reports by you in the queue. In fact, the last one by you that I approved is #210 of the recently processed reports. If that was yesterday, which it was (22nd Mar 2018), then it has already been approved and 209 other reports have been processed since then. And honestly, I do 99% of this.

Edited by MMDE

50 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

I looked for the "report" but there wasn't the option, and I think I know why: someone reported it already, and the person with the suspicious trophies had the chance to explain it and is now OK. Would it make future "reporting as ilegitimate" impossible? I wont go into details, but honestly I think I was wrong about those trophies beeing hacked. Need to be smarter and cautious in the future, dont wanna ruin someone who did nothing wrong... Im pretty sure where the "report as ilegitimate" is located now, but I will stay away from it unless I am 100% sure of cheating. But, then again, as @optimusmart said, in other words, is it even possible to know? Wouldnt blame someone telling me to worry about my own trophies right now.

If things didn't changed reporting was a Premium feature, right?

That may be your problem, since you aren't Premium now.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

It is a game I have in my list, Drawn to Death, so they already were flagged and came clean of it. Both guys have double stacked it, must be some sort of exporting character progression between regions, I guess. One platinum looks legit, the stack looks like auto-pop, I think thats what happened. I probably was mistaken! Thanks for helping me and for the information 1f44d.png

Drawn to Death can be autopopped, sort of. There are a few things you need to do, but it's very quick:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/6142381-post2.html

• Like 1