The Love Boat

OK thanks to @Uchiha_Snake__ I have decided to do Shadows of Mordor as my Partner game...great choice :) Also my Friendship and Relationship picks could probably be swapped as well but I decided to do it this way :D

So here are my picks

COMPANIONSHIP 

1L7a50b2.png

Demon's Souls 8/38

The online is going offline at the end of February so this will be a perfect chance to get this platinum :) There are many different companions in this game that will aide (or eventually harm) you and I will need all of them to come out on top :)

PARTNERSHIP 

1L7359a2.png

MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR 7/51

My partner is the Wraith that lives inside of Talion to help in the fight though Modor

FRIENDSHIP 

1Lf68317.png

Persona 5 0/49

This game is all about building friendships with your teammates and people around town 

RELATIONSHIP 

ae02f6738f6a5539949084d1cd87dd63--life-i

Life is Strange 0/61

Don't know too much about this game but I do believe relationships play a large part in it

BE IRISH!

1L7eb13e.png

Mortal Kombat X 52/74

What are you talking about...this game is totally Irish. It has people dressed in Green, it has people drinking, it has people brawling...name me a more Irish game :P

ld58zEa.png

• Like 2

Since Toogie13 hasn't announced it, the event has officially begun about two hours ago so I'll be posting my progress on the games I am doing on this thread.

Current Progress

LEGO The Hobbit: 0%

Ratchet and Clank: 0%

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy: 0%

Deponia: 0%

Goosebumps the Game: 0%

Edited by CJ_Mystery
  • Like 1

Hey @Toogie53, here is my list

Companionship- Assassin's Creed Unity 6%

Partnership- Uncharted 4 0%

Friendship- Dragon Age: Inquisition 73%

Relationship- Rime 0%

Irish- The little Acre 0%

I may change it up a bit as I go through the list, but I believe I should be able to have a good deal of fun with this lineup.

And are we doing weekly updates on Fridays?

43 minutes ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

I'm going to update daily, but I don't think Rizzle expects you to update until you get your platinums, so you can update as often as you want. ;)

Starting out on LEGO The Hobbit but I had to get my cat's nails trimmed so I was out for a while. Would have starter six hours ago but I was feeling crummy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I'm going to update daily, but I don't think Rizzle expects you to update until you get your platinums, so you can update as often as you want. ;)

Starting out on LEGO The Hobbit but I had to get my cat's nails trimmed so I was out for a while. Would have starter six hours ago but I was feeling crummy.

I would hope Rizzle doesn't expect you to update considering Toogie runs the event :awesome:.

As for me, I'll be updating weekly whether I obtained a plat or not like the last event.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

Hey @Toogie53, here is my list

Companionship- Assassin's Creed Unity 6%

Partnership- Uncharted 4 0%

Friendship- Dragon Age: Inquisition 73%

Relationship- Rime 0%

Irish- The little Acre 0%

I may change it up a bit as I go through the list, but I believe I should be able to have a good deal of fun with this lineup.

I got your list added. You can do updates whenever you want. I like weekly updates because there's enough progress that's it's worth mentioning. I like to do mine on Fridays because it kind of helps me plan out what I want to tackle on the weekend at the same time. Weekends are usually important times for me to progress because I'm not always up for tackling a stressful trophy during the work week. 

2 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I would hope Rizzle doesn't expect you to update considering Toogie runs the event :awesome:.

As for me, I'll be updating weekly whether I obtained a plat or not like the last event.

Oh! I update the main thread with your percentages about once a week (on the weekend) whether you post or not. When you post updates, I encourage you to talk more about how you feel about the game. What challenges you are tackling and what you are finding enjoyable etc. 

L70382a.png

35% complete

Cracked into my backlog and first game for this event with Never Alone last night (mostly this morning as it was after 11pm and I went to bed around 2am) Got a good part of it done with only getting stuck once with what to do in the polar bear den. Game play somewhat reminds me of Valiant Hearts and I appreciate the simplicity of the mechanics and the focus on story telling.

Edited by donut_plz
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

L70382a.png

35% complete

Cracked into my backlog and first game for this event with Never Alone last night (mostly this morning as it was after 11pm and I went to bed around 2am) Got a good part of it done with only getting stuck once with what to do in the polar bear den. Game play really reminds me of Valiant Hearts and I appreciate the simplicity of the mechanics and the focus on story telling.

I remember getting stuck with the polar bear for a few minutes; but, I think that was the only thing I found that wasn't instantly obvious. I think the game play was lacking some kind of challenge. So I came out of it thinking the game was just OK. It doesn't have a big price tag so I think its a good value for its cost still. I actually enjoyed the documentary bits that you unlock in this game. I thought it was cool how involved that community was in bringing the game to life. It's a story you only would have heard if your father had heard it from his father, who had heard it from his father etc. in the oral tradition. I also remember seeing a clip with them all gathered around when the game was finished to watch it as a community. It definitely felt like a passion project from a game developer. When you compare it to the corporate shenanigans going on in AAA devs, it really is nice to play a game with some heart. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 3

Too.. many.. games.. :P  I decided I'm going to switch up/around my list. 

1. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 0%

2. Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness 0%

3. Life is Strange 0%

4. Wheels of Aurelia 0%

5. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 0%

Hope to get them all done. I've been playing Monster Hunter non-stop since I picked it up and have already sunk 60+ hours in.. Feels like I haven't made a dent!

• Like 1

@Toogie53 Sums up exactly my thoughts on the game so far. Honestly cant recall if I bought it before it was a PS+ giveaway or not but I'll likely pick up the Fox Tales DLC for a the couple bucks it is and finish that as well. Its worth a few bucks for sure.

@xMissFantasy Nice list. I can understand removing Monster Hunter as it could take the whole 6 weeks just for that one. xD

@donut_plz I think Never Alone was free at some point (could be wrong lol.) I paid for it and the dlc and it was worth it. Really good heart felt indie.

Yeah.. Monster Hunter is going to take forever. :P Really enjoying it though but I opted for games I can finish in a day or two (depending on how much MH I play with the boyfriend.) Plus, my hours at work are constantly all over the place so that has to be compensated as well.

Everyone has decent lists! I wish you all good luck on finishing them. :) 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dessane said:

Solid game list! Some pretty hefty games in there especially with a fresh run of Persona 5

Yeah I know...I might have to not do some of them but we will see. At least it is like a month and a half and not just February. 

But hey, go big or go home :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I got your list added. You can do updates whenever you want. I like weekly updates because there's enough progress that's it's worth mentioning. I like to do mine on Fridays because it kind of helps me plan out what I want to tackle on the weekend at the same time. Weekends are usually important times for me to progress because I'm not always up for tackling a stressful trophy during the work week. 

I guess it depends on how long it takes to get the platinums. For my list, it's really easy to get the platinums so I will probably be finished with my list before the middle of February. :)

Considering which:

LEGO The Hobbit: 0% -> 17%

Ratchet and Clank: 0%

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy: 0%

Deponia: 0% -> 100% :platinum:

Goosebumps the Game: 0%

Yes, I got one of the games completed in the first day! :D Used this video guide to get all the trophies. The reason I decided on Deponia was because of the sort of romantic tension between Rufus and Goal(because Goal was going to marry someone else who was actually planning to help the Organon destroy Deponia)... and also because the sequel to the game, Chaos in Deponia, was released a while ago so I am assured the company will port all the remaining parts of this series to PS4 in due time.

I could have gone for The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 for Relationship as well because of the romantic troubles between Princess Ivo and Nate but there are a couple of trophies involving RNG in mini-games that I really do not like. :(

Also started my Companionship game with getting 2/3 of the story levels finished. Will be spreading out the story progress a bit to keep sane, as LEGO game stories take a while to digest.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

Friday Update!

Hola! We're only one day into the event so I don't have a lot of progress to report. I started on what will likely be my shortest game, Journey! I grabbed all the collectibles and I thought I did all the chapter specific trophies but I missed one because chapter three unexpectedly had two. Despite lots of chiming and sitting, neither of my two companions wanted to hang out and meditate for twenty seconds. Also, my last companion quit right before the very end and we didn't cross over together either. I now have a second PS4, so I tried to get my daughter to get matched up with me but the game didn't cooperate. I sat alone by the bridge for a while and she did too. I'm open to trying boosting sessions for this game with you all, but I'm wondering if it will be harder than it should be to get partnered up in-game.

JOURNEY 9% >>> 66%

18 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I guess it depends on how long it takes to get the platinums. For my list, it's really easy to get the platinums so I will probably be finished with my list before the middle of February. :)

This is true. You have a quick list but most of those are pretty fun games. I didn't enjoy Goosebumps much when I played it. I was hoping for more nostalgia but it just ended up feeling like it was made for a different demographic and was way too young for me.