The Love Boat

I really need to update more often, lolz. I should have put this up last night.

LEGO The Hobbit: 100% :platinum:

Ratchet and Clank: 35% ➡️ 74%
Jak & Daxter: 21% ➡️ 100% :platinum:

Deponia: 100% :platinum:

Goosebumps the Game: Not started yet

Completed the Friendship game. I'm actually going to complete this challenge. I just finished the first playthrough of Ratchet and Clank and am on Challenge Mode now. I just have to master all of the weapons, upgrade them all by farming Raritanium ad nauseum, and complete the game on Challenge Mode and get the Bolt Multiplier up to 20x. :)

Then I just have to get 100% on Goosebumps the Game. *sigh* It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to time myself for that one collectible.

2 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I really need to update more often, lolz. I should have put this up last night.

Completed the Friendship game. I'm actually going to complete this challenge. I just finished the first playthrough of Ratchet and Clank and am on Challenge Mode now. I just have to master all of the weapons, upgrade them all by farming Raritanium ad nauseum, and complete the game on Challenge Mode and get the Bolt Multiplier up to 20x. :)

Then I just have to get 100% on Goosebumps the Game. *sigh* It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to time myself for that one collectible.

That timing challenge isn't to bad. I think you are dreading it more than you should. You can save your game right before it too. 

12 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

That timing challenge isn't to bad. I think you are dreading it more than you should. You can save your game right before it too. 

You have a point. I shouldn't let it get to me. Once I platinum Ratchet and Clank, I'll try to get Goosebumps out of the way and clear the challenge. :)

Also, downloaded Rime from the PS Plus freebies and might hit up Monster Hunter World soon. I know a lot of people give me flak about it because it's so disgustingly long but after seeing so many live streams about the hunts, I think of it as an investment: It costs $60 and takes weeks to finish. I think that's a fair money/content ratio if you ask me. Also, you can have cat companion. ;)

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

You have a point. I shouldn't let it get to me. Once I platinum Ratchet and Clank, I'll try to get Goosebumps out of the way and clear the challenge. :)

Also, downloaded Rime from the PS Plus freebies and might hit up Monster Hunter World soon. I know a lot of people give me flak about it because it's so disgustingly long but after seeing so many live streams about the hunts, I think of it as an investment: It costs $60 and takes weeks to finish. I think that's a fair money/content ratio if you ask me. Also, you can have cat companion. ;)

I enjoyed the puzzles of Rime quite a bit. I really like the colorful world and all of that too. The story at the end goes into a bunch of symbolic metaphor territory that I thought was dumb, but a good friend of mine said made her cry and was very touching. Overall, I recommend the game!

1. Journey - 0%
  2. Final Fantasy XIII - 26%
  3. Sen no Kiseki III a.k.a 英雄伝説 閃の軌跡III - 88%
  4. Sora no Kiseki FC Evo a.k.a.  英雄伝説 空の軌跡 FC Evolution - 100% :platinum:
  5. Time and Eternity - 18%

Got my last trophy in Sora no Kiseki FC Evo a lot quicker than I thought I would.  I just left the Vita running while I did other stuff over the weekend and made sure to wiggle one of the analog sticks every now and then and the time racked up fast.  Still think that a trophy for 100 hours of play for a game that takes under 50 hours to do everything in is insane, but at least that's one plat out of the way.

Working on Final Fantasy XIII for now since that will be the longest one of my picks because it's an immense grind once I finish the game.  I'm slowly chipping away at the story and Cie'th Stone missions.  I'm up to mission 24 out of 64 total and roughly midway through Taijin's Tower in the plot, which means I'm almost done with chapter 11 and then just two more chapters to go to beat the game.  With all the progress on the missions so far I've made a nice dent in the post game grind as well since that's a good chunk of it and the rest is maxing everyone out and farming for stuff for upgrading equipment.  No more trophy progress yet, but I'm getting close to a few trophies at least.

• Like 1

Weekly Wednesday Wrap-up.

Hatoful Boyfriend: 100%

As one of the most recognizable visual novels of the last couple of years, this game is a paper-thin gimmick that isn't worth playing. Stories were underdeveloped, characters were one-dimensional and no relation can be created with them as their story paths are about 30 to 40 minutes. The only saving grace for this game was the final story which took a left turn into weird, creepy and interesting, but ultimately was too ridiculous.

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom: 13%

I know a couple of folks were curious about this game. As of 35-40% in, this game is perfectly average. Simple, repetitive combat, generic story and decent controls make this a fine but okay experience. It does have good puzzles and could become way better in the second half, but it remains to be seen.

That's all I've touched currently (don't play that much these days). Also, in contrast to what other people have said, I will defend Wheels of Aurelia. It might have been a slog to get the platinum trophy, but, as a small indie project, I really liked the characters and story that they told in it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

@ladynadiad Nicely done! I'll go ahead and update this right now in the main post. It's got to feel good getting that kind of tedious trophy out of the way. 

Very much so, plus its nice to join the ranks of folks who have already tackled one of their games.  It's also not helping that I very much want Sen no Kiseki III to be my 40th plat so I'm going to have to finish FFXIII or Time and Eternity before I can grab that plat.

I got sidetracked from my list this week. Took the kiddos to the Library for books and realized they had a shedload of PS4 games there I can borrow for nothing for a week. :hmm:

This might save me a few bucks on some of the games I would normally just buy but the race is on to finish them up in a few days.

Heading out tomorrow for some skiing in the mountains this weekend so likely be some VITA only action for a few days.

Edited by donut_plz
  • Like 1

Ratchet and Clank: 74% 27a1.png 80%
Jak & Daxter: 100% :platinum:

Nothing much, just earned a couple miscellaneous trophies in R&C. I just need to finish challenge mode and build all of my weapons up to max level and upgrades, which is going to take forever. :P

Now that I've made some more progress, here's my first update:

1. Companionship - Metro Last Light Redux - 65%

2. Partnership - Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - 0%

3. Friendship - LEGO Marvel's Avengers - 100%

4. Relationship - Lollipop Chainsaw - 0%

5. Be Irish - Mafia III - 0%

After taking a break from Last Light for about two weeks, I finally went back to it and finished my first playthrough tonight. This is such a brilliant game, just as good as Metro 2033, if not better!

LEGO Marvel's Avengers was very enjoable as well. The main story and DLC episodes went by way too fast. Collecting everything in the different hub worlds took forever though. Especially Manhattan was jam-packed with gold bricks, missions, and races. In the end I was stuck at 98,9 % and was ready to play frisbee with the disc, but all I had to do was buying some more vehicles "in" Manhattan, because some cars/planes are only available there and don't show up in the smaller hub worlds :facepalm: .

17 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Ratchet and Clank: 80% ➡️ 100% :platinum:
Jak & Daxter: 100% :platinum:

So I'm finally almost finished with my list. Just platted R&C a few minutes ago after doing some tricks to minimize the grind for all of the bolts and weapon levels I needed. By the time I got to the endgame again the only weapon I needed to master was the Sheepinator. ^_^

I'll either try to get the final game done this weekend or sometime later this month. I have started to receive my GameFly rentals and need to focus on those since I can't keep them. This has been a very nice theme event.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

7 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

So I'm finally almost finished with my list. Just platted R&C a few minutes ago after doing some tricks to minimize the grind for all of the bolts and weapon levels I needed. By the time I got to the endgame again the only weapon I needed to master was the Sheepinator. ^_^

I'll either try to get the final game done this weekend or sometime later this month. I have started to receive my GameFly rentals and need to focus on those since I can't keep them. This has been a very nice theme event.

Great job Cj! That's crazy that you're done already! I think I might need to swap out for a shorter game or two on mine. Still lots of time, so I'm not sure yet. I think I messed up Mafia 3 in a way that will make me have to play through a whole extra time to platinum it. 

Edited by Toogie53

Friday Update!!!

Slowly pushing my way through Assassin's Creed Unity. I thought I was going pretty good till I hit a speed bump with the co-op missions. I was able to finish them easy enough, but didn't realize that there are collectibles in those missions that I need for the "I got skills" trophy. So I get to replay all the co-op missions again :facepalm:. But I am enjoying Assassin's Creed so much that I'm thinking about swapping in Syndicate for my "partnership" game:hmm:.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

Friday Update!!!

Slowly pushing my way through Assassin's Creed Unity. I thought I was going pretty good till I hit a speed bump with the co-op missions. I was able to finish them easy enough, but didn't realize that there are collectibles in those missions that I need for the "I got skills" trophy. So I get to replay all the co-op missions again :facepalm:. But I am enjoying Assassin's Creed so much that I'm thinking about swapping in Syndicate for my "partnership" game:hmm:.

You actually don't have to replay them all again. Just go into your synchronization map, select each co-op to Play in Private, and just look for the sync points on your map. The game auto saves when you grab a sync point, so you don't actually have to do the mission. Just run to where the sync points are, and abort mission.

The only one you have to start is the one with the timer. So do that, but once the timer goes away, just get the sync points. Because the game saves, aborting the mission won't affect anything. You'll still keep the sync points.

I can verify this because it's how I did it. I literally finished it up the other day.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

Friday Update:

I managed to get my daughter as my companion in Journey so I was able to 100% that this week. For those looking to boost this info might be helpful. We were not able to pair up until she had finished the game once too. We tried maybe a dozen times doing different ways to try to sync up. After she finished the game too, we both used chapter select at the same time, we joined up together on the first try. We started on the snow level. It still popped the trophy for being together for the "majority" of the game. Also, the game is kind of dead, so waiting around for companions can be really annoying. So you may want to boost just for that reason.

I was working on Mafia 3 too. But I'm angry at it now. The trophy text seems to inadequately explain what needs to be done. You can flip or kill racket bosses and informants. There's trophies for doing both things. A trophy will say something like, "Flip 15 Racket Bosses" but it should say "Flip 15 UNIQUE Racket Bosses." This makes a difference because you can't complete both of these trophies in a single playthrough and if you flip the same racket boss in your next playthrough, it doesn't count it. I think it will be more simple for me to restart now and do one playthrough where I flip them all and one where I kill them all. Rather than try to guess who I flipped and killed and probably need a third playthrough anyway to clean up where I got it wrong. 

Weekend Plan:

I'm going to restart Mafia 3 because I am assuming I screwed myself on those trophies. I am going to rush through the story killing all informants and racket bosses and ignore all the optional stuff. I'm hoping I can get the whole playthrough done this weekend. After that I'm going to switch games because I'm already feeling burnt out on Mafia. I'll probably take on Ratchet and Clank next. 

Edited by Toogie53

20 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

You actually don't have to replay them all again. Just go into your synchronization map, select each co-op to Play in Private, and just look for the sync points on your map. The game auto saves when you grab a sync point, so you don't actually have to do the mission. Just run to where the sync points are, and abort mission.

The only one you have to start is the one with the timer. So do that, but once the timer goes away, just get the sync points. Because the game saves, aborting the mission won't affect anything. You'll still keep the sync points.

I can verify this because it's how I did it. I literally finished it up the other day.

Thank you for the "heads up". That is how I took care of about half of them, about to finish the rest today. I was just venting a little about the frustration that comes with thinking I was done with the co-op only to have to jump back in for clean up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

Thank you for the "heads up". That is how I took care of about half of them, about to finish the rest today. I was just venting a little about the frustration that comes with thinking I was done with the co-op only to have to jump back in for clean up.

Yeah I understand. I had the frustration of mixing up the I Want It All trophy also. When it said "all single player mission challenges," for some reason I thought it meant the side missions you can do as an assassin. So I was wasting my time doing all of them not realizing it meant the optional objectives from each main story mission.

I am also sure you know you can do the heists yourself also. Just a tip, the heist where you have to select the painting...it is the one on the bottom floor right by the main entrance. No need to waste your time going through the whole building, like I did.

Edited by ShogunCroCop