The Love Boat

27 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I'm open to trying boosting sessions for this game with you all, but I'm wondering if it will be harder than it should be to get partnered up in-game.

Can you partner with someone playing the PS3 version?  If so, I'd be open to trying, but very often games won't let you play with people who are playing on different consoles and if that ends up being the case I'll need to find someone else playing on PS3 and may have trouble because it's likely to have less people playing it in general.  Makes me wonder if I might be better off swapping to one of the other titles on the disc with Journey (I bought the physical version, so I have flower and flow as well).

As far as my progress goes, I beat the nightmare run in Sora no Kiseki FC Evo like right after the event started.  Just finished my last run that was a speedrun because the main thing I needed was to beat one battle that was too hard on nightmare difficulty.  I'd missed one other thing in my previous run, but that was very early in the game and the other was at the end.  So now I have all the trophies except the play for 100 hours one that pretty much requires idling for a long time since the game doesn't carry over playtime and my longest run is currently just over 47 hours.  I personally think this was a really bad idea for a trophy if they weren't going to have the playtime carry over, and especially for a Vita exclusive title since the Vita times out automatically and the timer stops when that happens.  This one will probably take me most of the remainder of the month, but it is more because of the Vita timing out and stopping the game timer than it being difficult.  But outside of that it was a very enjoyable game and I'd honestly recommend anyone pick up either the PSP or PC version in English that is called Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky  I mostly played this version because I wanted the plat and it came with a bundle I got of some other games I'd wanted.

• Like 1

Quickie progress report: Just finished the Story Mode on LEGO The Hobbit(I will get to Free Play soon but Free Play is so tedious) and taking a break before I tackle Ratchet and Clank. I was going to 100% Goosebumps today but then I checked a walkthrough and remembered that there is a part you have to develop a photo and if you screw up the one-minute wait (you have to wait a minute of real time for each part and pull it out just as time runs out) you ruin the photo and can't get an item. ?

So I am going to just work through R&C and try to get as far as I can before I get bored then I will work on games outside of the list. Just got $20 which I might sink on Shantae Half Genie Hero. ^_^

Edited by CJ_Mystery
  • Like 1

Quick Friday update. Finished Wheels of Aurelia. My lord it got really annoying after about 2 play through's.. I had to push myself to do all the endings (there are 16) then get all the missing cars after, which was as equally annoying. Took way longer than I anticipated and the constant dialogue on the screen got so irritating (and repetitively boring) since you have to control the car. So glad there are walk through's for it or I would have lost my mind! Lol. 

• Like 1

Not much progress trophy wise (got 2 trophies in Persona) but am enjoying Persona 5 so far. It is much different than 4 as P4G really spent time getting you involved with the characters before launching you into the other world...but P5 almost seems to do it right away. Regardless will make some good progress this weekend I think (it is supposed to be stupid cold this weekend).

Also in MKX I got some more living towers done but it is so random I am hoping I can get it all done in time for thetcontest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Quick Friday update. Finished Wheels of Aurelia. My lord it got really annoying after about 2 play through's.. I had to push myself to do all the endings (there are 16) then get all the missing cars after, which was as equally annoying. Took way longer than I anticipated and the constant dialogue on the screen got so irritating (and repetitively boring) since you have to control the car. So glad there are walk through's for it or I would have lost my mind! Lol. 

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Quickie progress report: Just finished the Story Mode on LEGO The Hobbit(I will get to Free Play soon but Free Play is so tedious) and taking a break before I tackle Ratchet and Clank. I was going to 100% Goosebumps today but then I checked a walkthrough and remembered that there is a part you have to develop a photo and if you screw up the one-minute wait (you have to wait a minute of real time for each part and pull it out just as time runs out) you ruin the photo and can't get an item. 1f613.png

So I am going to just work through R&C and try to get as far as I can before I get bored then I will work on games outside of the list. Just got $20 which I might sink on Shantae Half Genie Hero. ^_^

2 hours ago, PermaFox said:

Syberia 100%

Grim Fandango

South Park: SOT

Never Alone

Day of the Tentacle

Just finished Syberia.  Nice game but movement a bit frustrating.  But overall a nice game!

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Can you partner with someone playing the PS3 version?  If so, I'd be open to trying, but very often games won't let you play with people who are playing on different consoles and if that ends up being the case I'll need to find someone else playing on PS3 and may have trouble because it's likely to have less people playing it in general.  Makes me wonder if I might be better off swapping to one of the other titles on the disc with Journey (I bought the physical version, so I have flower and flow as well).

As far as my progress goes, I beat the nightmare run in Sora no Kiseki FC Evo like right after the event started.  Just finished my last run that was a speedrun because the main thing I needed was to beat one battle that was too hard on nightmare difficulty.  I'd missed one other thing in my previous run, but that was very early in the game and the other was at the end.  So now I have all the trophies except the play for 100 hours one that pretty much requires idling for a long time since the game doesn't carry over playtime and my longest run is currently just over 47 hours.  I personally think this was a really bad idea for a trophy if they weren't going to have the playtime carry over, and especially for a Vita exclusive title since the Vita times out automatically and the timer stops when that happens.  This one will probably take me most of the remainder of the month, but it is more because of the Vita timing out and stopping the game timer than it being difficult.  But outside of that it was a very enjoyable game and I'd honestly recommend anyone pick up either the PSP or PC version in English that is called Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky  I mostly played this version because I wanted the plat and it came with a bundle I got of some other games I'd wanted.

Good gravy. I haven't even been able to start anything because I'm stuck at work, and y'all are already finishing up stuff.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I don't know if we can join or not for this particular game. PS3/PS4 cross play is a thing though.

39 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

I was so done with that game by the end. I think I had to try about  a dozen times to get the very last ending I needed. I was following the PSNP guide, but it just wasn't working. I ended up looking up a second guide and got it with their tips.  

6 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I was so done with that game by the end. I think I had to try about  a dozen times to get the very last ending I needed. I was following the PSNP guide, but it just wasn't working. I ended up looking up a second guide and got it with their tips.  

I had to try twice to get it so I feel the pain. Used the guide on playstation trophies because it at least made it easier to go as fast as possible and not miss anything important.

Just now, xMissFantasy said:

I had to try twice to get it so I feel the pain. Used the guide on playstation trophies because it at least made it easier to go as fast as possible and not miss anything important.

Yeah playstation trophies guide was the one that did it in the end. But I think I had that game deleted within 5 seconds of popping the platinum and hope I don't ever have to go back haha. 

6 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Yeah playstation trophies guide was the one that did it in the end. But I think I had that game deleted within 5 seconds of popping the platinum and hope I don't ever have to go back haha. 

I did the same thing lmao :P but I doubt you'll ever have to touch it again. The pain of it is over and done with.

Good thing I decided not to go for Wheels of Aurelia. That game must be cancerous. ?

Anyways, here's the new update. (As of right now, I plan on doing more work on the games tonight.)

LEGO The Hobbit: 17% ➡️ 28%

Ratchet and Clank: 0% ➡️ 24%

Jak & Daxter: 0%

Deponia: 100% :platinum:

Goosebumps the Game: 0% ☘️

I completed the main story mode missions in my LEGO game so now it's on to getting some more characters, building up a million bolts for the 2x Red Brick and then onto Free Play. *ugh* :(

I also started Ratchet and Clank (2016) and got through the first few planets. I even managed to get the trophy for beating Rilgar's hoverboard Gold Cup in under 1:35. In the original RaC, that was my most hated trophy but now that I know how to boost, I was able to get under the time after two resets. :D

Goosebumps will probably be on hold for March unless I get bored. I forgot that one of the items you need to collect requires a painful time-based ritual that requires me to have a timer on hand. ? I'll probably settle down for a full four hours in the future to go through the entire J&D game in one night so I can get the platinum out of the way. The game's fine but I'll have to practice the ring races, my most hated trophies. They were appropriately titled. :(

1 hour ago, donut_plz said:

Hah... now Im glad I took Wheels of Aurelia out of my cart when it was on sale last. xDxD

51 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Good thing I decided not to go for Wheels of Aurelia. That game must be cancerous. 1f619.png

Anyways, here's the new update. (As of right now, I plan on doing more work on the games tonight.)

I completed the main story mode missions in my LEGO game so now it's on to getting some more characters, building up a million bolts for the 2x Red Brick and then onto Free Play. *ugh* :(

I also started Ratchet and Clank (2016) and got through the first few planets. I even managed to get the trophy for beating Rilgar's hoverboard Gold Cup in under 1:35. In the original RaC, that was my most hated trophy but now that I know how to boost, I was able to get under the time after two resets. :D

Goosebumps will probably be on hold for March unless I get bored. I forgot that one of the items you need to collect requires a painful time-based ritual that requires me to have a timer on hand. 1f620.png I'll probably settle down for a full four hours in the future to go through the entire J&D game in one night so I can get the platinum out of the way. The game's fine but I'll have to practice the ring races, my most hated trophies. They were appropriately titled. :(

It's not that great. For a few hours of annoying-ness, there are 25 trophies with a shiny plat included. For under $3, if you really want an easy plat, get it. I can most definitely say that I've played worse.. >.<  but if you don't really care then stay away from it or wait till it's free lol.

2 hours ago, donut_plz said:

Hah... now Im glad I took Wheels of Aurelia out of my cart when it was on sale last. xDxD

Its only saving grace is that its short and cheap. It's barely ok the first play through and it goes downhill from there. Then you realize you need about 20 trophies for various endings so you end up going through the game over and over making very, very minor changes to your path. Like literally sometimes the lone difference in some endings is like if you said yes or no to someone in a conversation halfway through the game. So the play through is exactly the same with very minor changes to dialogue, but at the end the epilogue is wildly different. Like for one you are murdered by terrorists for some reason and the other you become a famous author. It makes no damn sense.

Edited by Toogie53

5 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Like for one you are murdered by terrorists for some reason and the other you become a famous author. It makes no damn sense.

So it's Midnight Louie, the game. xD?

Anyways, I downloaded Stories: Tale of Destinies on my old account, and that requires 25 playthroughs to get all of the endings too. What's worse is that you can't AFK - you have to actually fight enemies.

Need to go to sleep now. I just did a marathon run of Nightmares from the Deep 3 to get the plat for it and man, the last game continues the tradition of trolling me with the Mahjong trophy. :P When I get back up, I'm jumping back on to the PS4 to start Free Play on LEGO the Hobbit so I can get the plat for that ASAP.

Edited by CJ_Mystery
  • Like 1

Early Saturday morning update~ (Like way too early, I should be in bed right about now...)

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/094c9d/L12bad9.png

57% → 100% https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png

Finished my first game of the event~ My sister had beaten this game before, so I'd seen the story, but it had been so long that everything that happened still made me pretty sad :( I like games the incorporate real world elements and use it to teach the player about something (like Never Alone did, which I see is on a lot of people's lists here!) so I would say that Valiant Hearts was a good time. It was cool that all the collectibles had history behind them, but why did there have to be so many of them??? The sheer amount of them made me just follow a guide the entire time, I only have so much patience. But yeah, Valiant Hearts is a beautiful game that has a lot to offer.

As for my other games... Need thirty more medals in Cyber Sleuth, but I'm kinda at the mercy of the RNG gods with that one, so cross your fingers for me!

• Like 1

On 01/02/2018 at 0:41 AM, Toogie53 said:

I'll officially cap off enrollment after this weekend. So if someone out there is still interested, they can join for the next few days. 

If it's not too late, could I sign up, please?  After a lot of rejigging, I've come up with a list of games that I'm happy with:

Lef6c16.png

Companionship: Never Alone (29%)

Seems to be a popular choice for the event, so I'll jump on the bandwagon.  This was a PS+ game for me, it's pretty slight but likeable.

L6a019d.png

Partnership: The Walking Dead Season 2 (72%)

Groups of survivors banding together in the depressing ruins of a zombie apocalypse.  I've been dragging the game out for over a year now - time to see how this ends.

Ld6cee1.png

Friendship: Night in the Woods (53%)

Mae reunites with her teenage friends after dropping out of college and slowly finds out how their friendships have survived or changed in her absence.  The game recently received a free update that added some cut characters and scenes, so it seems like a great time for a second playthrough.

L827e0a.png

Relationship: Life is Strange: Before the Storm (0%)

Haven't played this yet and I've avoided spoilers as much as possible, but based on Life is Strange I figure relationships will probably be central to the story.

L2e514a.png

Be Irish: Persona 5 (26%)

Celtic mythology is one of the sources the SMT / Persona games plunder for demons / personas - you can summon a kelpie or a leanan sidhe early on, while Setanta potentially shows up later.  I'll make a point to seek out and use at least one of them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

Be Irish: Persona 5 (26%)

Celtic mythology is one of the sources the SMT / Persona games plunder for demons / personas - you can summon a kelpie or a leanan sidhe early on, while Setanta potentially shows up later.  I'll make a point to seek out and use at least one of them!

Well, I did know that Persona 4 Golden had a lot of mythos behind its various Persona and suspected Persona 5 to be the same way. I regret throwing this game away. Maybe I'll try to work on Persona 4 Golden again, I just saw the game used at Gamestop.

Late update I know but here is my Friday update: 

I've FINALLY finished Skyrim! :D I actually never thought I'd go back to it after I lost all my save data for it last year but here we are! This is way I love events like this as they help to motivate me and really make me think about the themes/elements involved and it's helped me clear a game from my backlog that I didn't think I'd come back to!

Anyway, since that's done, I had some time to start my next game which is LEGO City Undercover. I'm in need of a LEGO/cheery type of game after Skyrim, so this has come at a pretty great time for me. Here's my stats:

Skyrim: :platinum: AND DLC DONE

LEGO City Undercover: 8% (Check the TrueAchievements link in my signature to verify this)

Yooka-Laylee: NOT STARTED 

Kingdom Hearts 1: NOT STARTED

• Like 1

I decided to completely rework my list because I don't think I would've been able to finish my other one in time.

Companionship: Nier Automata 

Ld87fc9.png

You fight alongside robot companions. Perfect for this category.

Partnership: Uncharted The Lost Legacy 

L0091ff.png

Nadine and Chloe fight towards the same goal together towards the same goal, they seem to be on the edge of friendship without crossing the line.

Friendship: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

Lafff95.png

No explanation needed. Friendship is one of the most important themes of the Kingdom Hearts series and BBS follows the story of best friends Tera, Ventus and Aqua.

Relationship: The Last of Us Remastered

Lfd4cf0.png

The father, daughter relationship between Joel and Ellie.

Be Irish!: Goosebumps

Lcee0f1.png

I couldn't find anything else that fit the theme and wasn't really long so this works xD.

I'll be working on The Last of Us Remastered and Nier Automata alongside each other. Hopefully I can get them both done in two weeks or so.

• Like 1