The Love Boat

14 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Great job! The plat counts for finishing it as far as this event goes. You can come back to it in another event to finish it off, if you can fit it to the theme. Last Halloween, I got the plat for The Last of Us. I want to 100% it this Halloween. 

@Jesaya815 The game is lengthier than I expected, but I am having a good time with it. I suggest working on the "Sending a Message" and "One Good Turn" trophies. The skills you have to figure out for those two have added a lot of fun to the rest of the game for me. 

Yeah, I'm having a blast with it as well, but it's a really slow progress. I managed to get the two trophies you mentioned. The brutal takedowns took a bit of practice though. Right now I have to confront Roy Thibideaux, but his area is pretty tricky and Lincoln tends to die way too fast :D .

1 hour ago, Jesaya815 said:

Yeah, I'm having a blast with it as well, but it's a really slow progress. I managed to get the two trophies you mentioned. The brutal takedowns took a bit of practice though. Right now I have to confront Roy Thibideaux, but his area is pretty tricky and Lincoln tends to die way too fast :D .

I agree. It is very easy to die in this game. There is an expansion that I'm pretty sure is free. Its called something like the judge, jury, and executioner pack. If you get that, you get a silenced pistol you can equip for free from the dude in the orange van. This has really changed up the gameplay for me and I play stealth a lot. I can usually take out about half to three quarters of the enemy out before I'm discovered. Its really helped things go more smoothly. Brutal takedowns were also hard for me to wrap my head around but now that's my go-to melee attack because it stuns anyone around you for a second or so.

4 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Monday update!

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/0e90af/L402917.png

97% → 100% :platinum:

Alright, so I have had this game since launch, but I always avoided the plat because I haaaaaated the medals. But then the sequel got announced, and the incomplete trophy list started to annoy me. I love this game, I really do, but the medals? Ugh, the worst ever.

I'm also sorry to say that for the sake of my sanity and my grades, I'm gonna have to drop Final Fantasy X for another game. It is simply too time consuming to attempt as of right now, so I'll have to replace my Relationship game with something else. How does Unravel sound to everyone?

Your free to change it up whenever you want. i know very little about Unravel so I have no strong opinion there. I know it has something to do with playing through memories of an old woman. I would assume there is relationship stuff there. She would have to have some kind of interesting life or it would be a crappy game concept.

3 hours ago, Dessane said:

@Toogie53 I've got the plat for Fallout 4 which is where I'm sopping for this event unless I get everything else knocked out faster than expected :D 

That's a good plat. Still on my back log but I want to get to it sooner, rather than later. I'll be checking on your progress, even if you're stopping. Remember you can swap things around, if you want. I'm assuming you have another event thats more important to you or something. Maybe you can double dip and find stuff that works for both. I'm pretty flexible. Either way, I'm happy to have you around.  Good luck!

11 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Monday update!

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/0e90af/L402917.png

97% → 100% :platinum:

Alright, so I have had this game since launch, but I always avoided the plat because I haaaaaated the medals. But then the sequel got announced, and the incomplete trophy list started to annoy me. I love this game, I really do, but the medals? Ugh, the worst ever.

I am on this game(not for the event, mind) and lovin' it. I am not going to bother with the medals until I get every other trophy, so the current thing I hate about this game... running into two freakin' ostriches(aka Peckmon) while grinding levels in Digital Space 5, because I have three platinum-colored turd-Mon which are weak against the birds. :P

I've gotten sucked into Resogun lately. Too bad it has no plot, else I'd try to use it for this event. While playing yesterday, I got a random friend request. I decided to accept it even though it came through with no details. I went to message them to see why they want to be my friend. I was assuming it was one of those cam girl advertisers that have been going around lately. However, I accidentally hit the wrong thing and invited them to party chat. I don't even have my mic plugged in, but over my speakers a dude going, "Let's play Resogun!" I scrambled to find my mic and plug in headset and was like, "Uhh...Okay." The guy was like, "Finally! Someone to play with." He's not a trophy hunter or anything but the guy already had the plat. He said he just really likes Resogun. He was all like, "What trophies do you need?" "Ok! Let's do that." We jumped right in and played some of the harder content that I hadn't gotten around too. We played through veteran difficulty together and popped that trophy. We tried going for a few more together and eventually parted ways around dinner time. I just thought it was cool to run into a random stranger that wanted to help with trophies because they enjoyed a game they were playing. I don't know how they got my name or knew I had been playing Resogun recently, because their name wasn't even on this site until I typed it myself to check them out. I got on later solo and popped a couple more trophies that I needed. I now have just one more somewhat difficult trophy for the platinum. However, if that guy hits me up again, even after I have the plat, I'd probably jump in with him since he was so cool with working on my progression when he was getting nothing out of it but fun. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 4

On 12/02/2018 at 3:43 AM, ladynadiad said:

I actually made great progress in FFXIII this weekend.  I'm at 65% now with just 8 trophies left.  All that remains is missions 54, and 62, 63 and 64, everything else is 5 starred.  Also need to max out my characters and farm for gil and the expensive catalysts and all of this will come from my next step of turtle hunting.  Looks like I might just be beefy enough to take one out in a brawl rather than doing the cheap method, but if I fail with brawling I can always go back to the cheap method a bit longer, but Fang has haste and that's supposed to be enough for this.  Everyone's primary roles are maxed out, everyone has at least level 1 in all the secondaries and one at 2-3.

All my remaining trophies pretty much amount to finish the last 4 missions with 5 stars, max out my characters, kill a Long Gui and upgrade all my equipment  Probably just another 1-2 week left of the grind now since I'm up to late post game now.  I should definitely have this one done before the month is over and my remaining games are much shorter.  Sen no Kiseki III is maybe 10 more hours, Journey is maybe 10 hours and Time and Eternity is about 40 total, but I already have that about a quarter of the way done.

Edit: And I seem to be beefy enough to kill a big turtle now without cheap methods!  Now it's just a ton more turtles to go.

Do you have a specific farming method on the go which works?

3 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I don't know how they got my name or knew I had been playing Resogun recently, because their name wasn't even on this site until I typed it myself to check them out. I got on later solo and popped a couple more trophies that I needed. I now have just one more somewhat difficult trophy for the platinum. However, if that guy hits me up again, even after I have the plat, I'd probably jump in with him since he was so cool with working on my progression when he was getting nothing out of it but fun. 

My inherited senses warn me not to trust a guy like that because he has an ulterior motive, but then again he was probably a lurker on the forums and didn't make an account himself and saw your name. :) I don't think I could handle Resogun but then again the LEGO Batman 3 mini-ship fights were similar so eh.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

12 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

My inherited senses warn me not to trust a guy like that because he has an ulterior motive, but then again he was probably a lurker on the forums and didn't make an account himself and saw your name. :) I don't think I could handle Resogun but then again the LEGO Batman 3 mini-ship fights were similar so eh.

Didn't you get ripped off for a lot of money because you got a message saying your computer was infected with a Tepig virus, which is a Pokémon xD

Just now, Kent10201 said:

Didn't you get ripped off for a lot of money because you got a message saying your computer was infected with a Tepig virus, which is a Pokémon xD

I didn't get a message, I was trying to fix my printer and looked up a site I should have double-checked. :P Also, the virus was called Torpig and it was supposed to hack into your devices from your PC.

Anyways, I was just saying I was glad for Toogie for getting Resogun up and running with a good friend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I didn't get a message, I was trying to fix my printer and looked up a site I should have double-checked. :P Also, the virus was called Torpig and it was supposed to hack into your devices from your PC.

Anyways, I was just saying I was glad for Toogie for getting Resogun up and running with a good friend.

Alright that's not AS bad but you should still be careful next time ;)

And yeah its pretty awesome, I always love meeting helpful people on a game I want to complete. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I was worried about it at first too. I questioned if I could get the platinum because I had a rough time even on rookie. But I eventually got better and could feel skills growing the whole time. Beating veteran difficulty with that guy didn't unlock master for me, so I had to go back through it solo anyway. Then I beat the one required level on master alone too. So I eventually got good enough for the platinum but I bet I spent more hours than most for the game.

16 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

That's a good plat. Still on my back log but I want to get to it sooner, rather than later. I'll be checking on your progress, even if you're stopping. Remember you can swap things around, if you want. I'm assuming you have another event thats more important to you or something. Maybe you can double dip and find stuff that works for both. I'm pretty flexible. Either way, I'm happy to have you around.  Good luck!

I thought we only had to plat the games for this event not 100% them or am I getting mixed up? That's all I meant when I was finished with Fallout for a bit, want to get all my plats to finish the event then I can come back and do the DLCs

edit: having re-read my previous comment I see it looks like I say I'm dropping the event. Not at all, I love these events I just meant I was stopping Fallout 4 at the plat :P Sorry for the confusion @Toogie53

Edited by Dessane

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Do you have a specific farming method on the go which works?

Since I still need CP, I'm going after the big turtles in Archlyte Steppe.  I have Fang, Vanille and Lightning in my active group and start off with Syn/Med/Med and have Fang put Haste and Protect on everyone.  Then I go for Rav/Rav/Rav and stagger a leg and then Com/Med/Med and have Fang use Highwind and hope like hell the leg died.  If it did, then I move on to the next leg, if it didn't, I repeat all that.  Then once both legs are down, I go to Syn/Sab/Sab and have Fang put Haste and Bravery on herself and Lightning and Haste and Faith on Vanille.  Rav/Rav/Rav until the turtle is staggered, Com/Rav/Com until it hopefully dies.  It's pretty simple and the only issue I may run into is needing to toss out a dispelga if I get hit with that nasty status effect from the turtle that prevents me from attacking.  1 TP and it removes all bad status effects.  Overall it boils down to have Fang do something and the other girls heal everyone except when I need to stagger or the turtle is down and needs to die fast.

I also include an extra Com/Sab/Rav paradigm for the use of hunting Adamanchelids along the path.  They go down pretty fast and nearly always drop gold dust.  The CP return is kind of low, but they are worth the time for the gold dust since I've gotten enough so far to reduce the number of platinum ingots I'd need by two and I've only killed maybe 20 big turtles so far, tops and for half of that I didn't have the collector catalog equipped yet to increase the drops by a ton.  No trapezohedreons yet though.  My luck there so far has sucked, but I only need 6 of those and a ton more gil.

But I've not done mission 62 yet and locked myself out of the easier big turtles and still have access to the baby ones too.  I'm not touching that mission until I'm only missing dark matters.

Honestly, I really recommend this particular guide: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps3/928790-final-fantasy-xiii/faqs/69497

I've been using that for the missions and farming methods.  It covers everything you can possibly need down to how to most effectively upgrade your gear, what paradigms and party to use, what to equip, etc.  I had some trouble with the early missions, but once I got down how to swap paradigms effectively I had no problems and was able to go back and curb stomp the ones I missed after beating the game and now have all but 4 missions 5 starred and am mostly farming now.

• Like 1

FINAL UPDATE:

On 2/8/2018 at 0:33 AM, CJ_Mystery said:

LEGO The Hobbit: 100% :platinum:

Ratchet and Clank: 100% :platinum:
Jak & Daxter: 100% :platinum:

Deponia: 100% :platinum:

Goosebumps the Game: ? 100% :platinum:

So instead of St. Patty's Day, I got the Be Irish! game completed today to get it off my PS4. I did have a bit of an issue with the timed part with the photo but I managed to get through the game okay, using it as an excuse to do something while grinding out studs on LEGO Jurassic World(for the Vita's 2 billion studs trophy, which I missed completely because it was so boring :P).

But all in all, this is done. I enjoyed the theme event and hope there are some other events in the future. Might not be able to participate but love to read people doing so. ^_^

• Like 2

On 13.2.2018 at 9:26 AM, Toogie53 said:

I agree. It is very easy to die in this game. There is an expansion that I'm pretty sure is free. Its called something like the judge, jury, and executioner pack. If you get that, you get a silenced pistol you can equip for free from the dude in the orange van. This has really changed up the gameplay for me and I play stealth a lot. I can usually take out about half to three quarters of the enemy out before I'm discovered. Its really helped things go more smoothly. Brutal takedowns were also hard for me to wrap my head around but now that's my go-to melee attack because it stuns anyone around you for a second or so.

You're right, the silenced pistol is very helpful. I didn't use it much before, but I do now and changed the way of tackling things in general. I'm more patient during missions, call my associates more often, and frequently make use of the Slow-Motion attack. I don't know if it's exclusive to the DLC or if you've bought the Season Pass, but it's a neat little feature to slow down time for a few seconds with the triangle button and just shoot as many enemies as possible.

I see you have completed your first playthrough. Kudos to you :yay: . Still not sure if there is enough time left for Mafia 3 and two other games, but we'll see.

I've been so busy with work and Monster Hunter that I haven't even touched the remaining games on my list. Even switching them up for less time consuming ones. However, I will attempt to get them done by the end of the event.

@Toogie53 When you get a chance, can you please change my list to this: 

1. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - 0%

2. Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness - 0%

3. Life is Strange - :platinum: 

4. Wheels of Aurelia - :platinum: 

5. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 - 0%

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

You're right, the silenced pistol is very helpful. I didn't use it much before, but I do now and changed the way of tackling things in general. I'm more patient during missions, call my associates more often, and frequently make use of the Slow-Motion attack. I don't know if it's exclusive to the DLC or if you've bought the Season Pass, but it's a neat little feature to slow down time for a few seconds with the triangle button and just shoot as many enemies as possible.

I see you have completed your first playthrough. Kudos to you :yay: . Still not sure if there is enough time left for Mafia 3 and two other games, but we'll see.

I stayed up late last night to finish the playthrough. I've actually done like 1.5 playthroughs because I restarted in the middle because I wasn't keeping track of who I flipped and who I killed. This time I just killed everybody. Next time, I need to flip all the bosses and informants. I don't have the cool slow down feature. I read about it the other day because it's part of a trophy called Pop! Pop! Pop! or something like that. I'm a bit worried about finishing my list too. I'm still going to push forward until I know I can't. Then make a substitution if I need to. This game definitely took more time than I thought. Mostly, I've enjoyed it. And I've done some random things to entertain myself. Like block all four directions of an intersection with cars just to watch the NPCs pile up and eventually have a stand off with police who can't figure out how to get to me because there is no open path. 

20 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

I've been so busy with work and Monster Hunter that I haven't even touched the remaining games on my list. Even switching them up for less time consuming ones. However, I will attempt to get them done by the end of the event.

@Toogie53 When you get a chance, can you please change my list to this: 

1. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - 0%

2. Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness - 0%

3. Life is Strange - :platinum: 

4. Wheels of Aurelia - :platinum: 

5. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 - 0%

Done!

I decided a few moments ago to make changes to my list. I was already worried about it and then I found out some upcoming weekends will be less free than usual. I'm making Mafia 3 my "Friendship" game which removes Final Fantasy XV. I've already put more time into Mafia than I thought it needed up front. Mafia 3 fits friendship in a few ways. Mostly, I'm thinking about a character named Donovan. He helps Lincoln out constantly. They have a good friendship and their cut scene banter is one of the highlights of the game for me. For my new "Be Irish" game, I decided to choose No Man's Sky. The reason is because the creator, Sean Murray, is Irish. He'd probably be the most well-known (notorious) Irishman in the gaming industry if not for Brendan Greene (PUBG's creator). I am a bit sad about FFXV leaving my list. I'm still very interested in it and will be looking for opportunities play it on the side or between events. I will likely slip it into a new event ASAP. Based on the estimates in the trophy guides, this swap should cut my required playing time by about 50-60 hours.

1. Journey
  2. Ratchet & Clank
  3. Mafia III
  4. Uncharted 4
  5. No Man's Sky

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1