Sony Bans PSN Account Due to Username Violation 8 Years After It Was Created.

Leaderboards

19 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

They violated their ToS, Sony can do whatever they want to the person. Probably what actually happened, is it took 8 years for someone to report them. Sony doesn't monitor users, they rely on reporting to find out anything. Everytime something like this happens, I say the same thing. They shouldn't have made a name like that in the first place. If it's questionable, or you're trying to get around censors, then you're doing something wrong, and shouldn't be surprised when you get banned.

This all the way.  Make a stupid account name, face the consequences. 

It's a privately owned company, their terms their rules.  If you don't like it go make your own console system. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dorroile said:

If someone kills you in Overwatch, just file abuse/harassment reports on PSN, maybe with a few alt accounts, telling them that they said racial slurs at you over voice chat, and maybe they'll get banned. Working as intended!

Exactly. Usually a salt person who was outskilled and outmatched.

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up
  • Like 1

Just now, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

Thanks.

Then we ask ourselves the old philosophical question: What is offensive?

I remember one time I was making a new character in World of Warcraft and just to test it, I put Jesus in the name. Obviously I thought it would already be taken, but no, It won't even let you use that name. That name gets grouped with Nazi and Hitler lol wtf...

Today, in 2018 and especially 2017, everything is offensive? Lol.

We will live in a dystopian future, were even the word apple can be found offensive. Watch...

Sony's answer to that question, if you parse through the terms, is whatever gets reported as offensive. They covered their ass by saying "in their sole discretion." In reality, if you stay offline, you can't violate the rule and can have whatever username you want, thus the reason why people can go a long time with usernames.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

I am reporting a bunch of you for in this thread for your offensive names.

Pot, meet kettle. What if i don't WANT to oil up? Who are YOU to say when it is time to oil up, or who should be oiled up? And if you're going to be oiling YOURSELF up, then that's indecent exposure. Either way, you're getting banned for a sexually harassing username. If you decide to make a new account, i suggest picking the name It Is Time To Ask For Consent To Oil Up.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

I am reporting a bunch of you for in this thread for your offensive names.

Bullstomp: Wow stomping a bull. That's abuse/hate toward bulls.

Starcrunch: Wow crunching a star. That's abuse/hate towards stars

DaivRules: Wow Daiv is the ruler. He wasn't elected. That's tyranny.

Dorroile: Wow Dorroile. That's uhh..

/check google, finds nothing substantial.

Umm... It's offensive, I FEEL BAD ABOUT IT. And feelings are more important than facts!

BeyondtheGrave: Promoting necromancy and witchcraft.

Property Damage: Vandalism

El Cid: Impersonating a historical figure. Offensive.

What about TurdFlingingApe? It sounds like the most offensive ID in this thread :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dorroile said:

Pot, meet kettle. What if i don't WANT to oil up? Who are YOU to say when it is time to oil up, or who should be oiled up? And if you're going to be oiling YOURSELF up, then that's indecent exposure. Either way, you're getting banned for a sexually harassing username. If you decide to make a new account, i suggest picking the name It Is Time To Ask For Consent To Oil Up.

Look at that pic of Ainsley Harriott though. Does it look like he cares about consent? With his spicy meat and all...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dorroile said:

I remember a long time ago, when I entered my first job, it was just a small part-time no big deal. 

I remember my mother telling me never to talk about your personal life at work, be careful of voicing your opinions because you know... people are vipers, snakes, they'll try to use anything against you because of their petty empty lives, their bs, etc.

I thought about what she said, funny thing is, even if you don't talk, people will make shit up anyway...

3 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

What about TurdFlingingApe? It sounds like the most offensive ID in this thread :D

Shhh lol...

C'est la vie. Whatever happens...happens.

Is this the account in question? https://psnprofiles.com/KingMADAFAKA If so, at least he didn't have 100 platinums of something (actually, it's practically empty). I would be insanely pissed if my account got banned over something stupid like the name of said account (after you put 1000s of hours into it). :facepalm: 

I have heard Sony is working on a way for people to change their PSN name, I don't know any specifics though, but I know it probably will be a while before it happens. :hmm: 

7 minutes ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

Bit harsh in my opinion. Yes, it's a stupid name, but that's all it really is, a stupid name. Why it would offend anyone, I really don't know. 

He was probably playing an online game, killed his opponent, that person got salty that he is not good at the game, reported him.

Is there really no other reason?

Unless there is some PSN user out there, searching and combing for "offensive" PSN names, adding them to his naughty list lmao.

6 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Is this the account in question? https://psnprofiles.com/KingMADAFAKA If so, at least he didn't have 100 platinums of something (actually, it's practically empty). I would be insanely pissed if my account got banned over something stupid like the name of said account (after you put 1000s of hours into it). :facepalm: 

I have heard Sony is working on a way for people to change their PSN name, I don't know any specifics though, but I know it probably will be a while before it happens. :hmm: 

Relax Mr. Pro Trophy Hunter.

Ever think about all the digital games he or people like him (non-trophy hunters, they exist lol) have purchased?