Supposedly creating a boosting session means I will give someone my account information

Hanrahain

I created a boosting session a few days ago to knock out some quick co-op trophies. Someone joins and we set a time. A day later I get a message from him/her saying "Hey, I know that you're most likely going to say no, but I still want to try. I was looking to expand my gaming experience by playing different kinds of games. I noticed you have a fairly large collection of games logged on your profile and I was curious. Would you like to game share with me to help me expand my gaming experience. I won't mess with your account or anything, just want to download and play some games that I don't have. Thanks". I respond with "I'm sorry but I'm not comfortable with that", and he/she responds with "Do you know if your friend would be ok with game sharing".

What I want to know is why would anyone fall for this and think that giving a complete stranger your account information is a good idea?

There was a guy in this battlefield boosting group I was in as well who tried the same thing, trying to get free DLC from us. I called him out on it ( also saying to warn others that for him to be able to play the DLC on his account, he'd have to make his PS4 the primary console on YOUR account, which you cannot change for 6 months). He left a few minutes later without saying anything. 

Any account sharing, unless you are absolutely trusted with the other, is always a stupid idea. Hence why it is also not allowed on this site.
Even worse: what if your creditcard / paypal is added to your PSN and he goes nuts downloading all kinds of stuff?

9 minutes ago, Intresseklubben said:

Very sad but true. Don’t gameshare unless they are family (that’s not frowned upon right?).

ALL account sharing (in the sense we are talking about) is frowned upon. Sony’s family accounts are really the closest thing to sanctioned account sharing. 

Or you can be like us old foggies and amass a physical collection and lend games out to real life friends and family. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

ALL account sharing (in the sense we are talking about) is frowned upon. Sony’s family accounts are really the closest thing to sanctioned account sharing. 

Or you can be like us old foggies and amass a physical collection and lend games out to real life friends and family. 

Good to know. Haven’t game shared with anybody since my family knows nothing and have no interest in games. If they ever  change their minds it’s good to know what’s right.

Son get your own games damn it! (me in 10 years).

• Like 1

I don't GameShare at all period!! If you want to play that game so bad, go get it yourself. I've gotten several messages asking me if I want to loan them my account, I said no and they were blocked instantly. Even a few friends of mine wanted me to share my account with them because I have a few games they've always wanted to play, but was too cheap to get it themselves, told them no. In the age of gaming that we're living in, its WAY too easy to run off with someone's info. 

I thought game sharing is against Sony TOS anyways. If you are reported for gamesharing and get caught, do you really want to risk your account?

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

I have waaaay too many friends who want to game share with me just because my library of digital games is 500+.. the only person's PS4 my account is signed on other than my own is my fiance's cause duh.. lol. I would never trust anyone with my account information because I have poured too much money into this account just to lose it all. Simply not worth it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

I have waaaay too many friends who want to game share with me just because my library of digital games is 500+..

Same here. I had someone ask me just a couple months ago.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

This happened to me recently when I was going for my Watch Dogs platinum. The guy sent me a message after we helped each other with the tracing or tracer trophy where you had to stalk each other basically. I just ignored the message and kept it moving. As of right now he is still on my friend's list until my next sweep of deleting people to make space for any future requests or friends.

I had twice a message asking for game sharing so a stranger could a dlc mp session i set up (i.e. Crysis 3). I said no chance. Buy the stuff yourself :P

Two times i was asked to gameshare in general. Both times i said i barely have any digital bought game so the other one lost interest :P

I only talked to my stepbrother about gamesharing but after seeing that any good friendship/relationship can go south i decided never do it. Wouldn't want to loose my games bought

Back in my PS3 days me and a friend met a completely random guy in a Call of Duty game and we hit it off and played together all day. He seemed like a nice and chill guy. The next day the guy asks if either of us would be kind enough to game share with him. I said no right away because, even though he seems like a nice guy, hes still a stranger. My very naive friend, however, agreed to game share with him. I had my doubts, but everything was normal for about a week or so. Then one day I get a PSN message from my friend. The moment I opened up the message I knew everything went downhill for my buddy. It was a message filled with a bunch of random profanities mostly directed at himself. I call up my friend to find out that the guy had completely changed his password(he was able to do so because my friend uses the same PSN and email password), was harassing his friends list with disgusting messages, and used my friend's credit card attached to the PSN store to buy random stuff. According to my friend, when he called up the PlayStation service he was able to get back the money he lost and they locked his account so that the guy wouldn't be able to log in again. He eventually got his account back (surprisingly he wasn't banned for sharing accounts), but he decided to delete it and make a new one, same with his email. Lesson learned, huh?

So yea, don't game share unless its a close and trusting friend or family member.