More obscure Xbox 360 console exclusives?

Dreakon13

Since I have all three major consoles this generation (PS4/Xbox One/Switch)... I've made it kinda my mission to seek out nice copies of any exclusives I can.  Xbox One having that handy backwards compatibility has now made Xbox 360 another option for me.  Obviously, I know about the Halo's and the Gear's and the Fable's and the Forza's, no need to mention those... but I'm wondering if the 360 had any other notable, perhaps more obscure/less heard of, console exclusives released on disc?

Console exclusive meaning it may be available on PC or other platforms, but is exclusive to the Xbox 360 versus Sony or Nintendo consoles.

The three I have off the top of my head:

- Alan Wake

- Lost Odyssey (found a cheap-ish new copy on eBay last night)

- Splinter Cell: Conviction

Any others worth seeking out? :)

I know this game got a lot of hate when it originally came out but I really liked Bullet Witch and played it non-stop for ages, before something else came along that stole my interest ?. It's hard to find these days but is well worth checking out if you can find a copy for a decent price. A less obscure game that I absolutely adored, was Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2 - I poured nearly 900hrs into that game before my save got corrupted during the Hard Drive data transfer process  ?.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

Shadowrun. It may not be what fans of the role-playing IP wanted, and it was definitely short on content, but it’s a terrific class-based competitive game and works on Xbox One. Don’t know how many people still play today, and with it being online-only it probably isn’t really what you were looking for, but any chance to bring it up I’ll take it!

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is, in my not very humble opinion, the most inventive game Rare ever developed. It’s another case of mishandling the IP, but if you’re coming in as a Banjo fan it still has the humor and incredible music the series is known for, it just trades the pure platforming for a creative sandbox. It runs great on Xbox One, and is also a part of Rare Replay.

Also nods to The Maw, Carcassonne, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Torchlight, Ilomilo, and the previously mentioned Blue Dragon. A few others I can think of, but they aren’t backwards compatible unfortunately (Mark of the Ninja, Catan, the previously mentioned Too Human).

Edited by Zondares

Not all of these are obscure, but here's a few exclusives that haven't been mentioned yet.

Amped 3

Beautiful Katamari

Bomberman: Act Zero

Chromehounds

Condemned: Criminal Origins
Crackdown
Crackdown 2

Dead or Alive 4
Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero

Prey
Project Sylpheed
Saints Row
Viva Pinata
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

31 minutes ago, Crestfallen said:

Not all of these are obscure, but here's a few exclusives that haven't been mentioned yet.

Amped 3

Beautiful Katamari

Bomberman: Act Zero

Chromehounds

Condemned: Criminal Origins
Crackdown
Crackdown 2

Dead or Alive 4
Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero

Prey
Project Sylpheed
Saints Row
Viva Pinata
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

If you are going to mention Chromehounds, you should also mention that only the tutorials are still playable. It's a mostly online game with shutdown servers. You can still get 120/1000 Gamerscore I believe. 

I have also tried to get some xbox 360 exclusives and firstly I got the fable series and the gears of war. Bioshock and mass effect I also bought cause I had them digitally on my PS3. 

I bought Infinite undiscovery which I think is kinda underrated but I also searched for others that were mentioned here.

What did you think of Infinite Undiscovery ? (In case you’ve played it)

There’s also kameo which at some point I’ll buy and others but I think you mentioned all.

There’s also those compilation games. I got the namco arcade which has some namco old games and Xbox arcade titles.

Probably out of all these games I’ll only play Fable cause I really liked that series and I might try Alan wake. 

On 3/1/2018 at 7:56 AM, Dreakon13 said:

Since I have all three major consoles this generation (PS4/Xbox One/Switch)... I've made it kinda my mission to seek out nice copies of any exclusives I can.  Xbox One having that handy backwards compatibility has now made Xbox 360 another option for me.  Obviously, I know about the Halo's and the Gear's and the Fable's and the Forza's, no need to mention those... but I'm wondering if the 360 had any other notable, perhaps more obscure/less heard of, console exclusives released on disc?

Console exclusive meaning it may be available on PC or other platforms, but is exclusive to the Xbox 360 versus Sony or Nintendo consoles.

The three I have off the top of my head:

- Alan Wake

- Lost Odyssey (found a cheap-ish new copy on eBay last night)

- Splinter Cell: Conviction

Any others worth seeking out? :)

Well, on the RPG side, there are a few . Blue Dragon and Infinite Undiscovery immediately come to mind. 

1 hour ago, Edward_FOX_86 said:

It's OK. As a Tri-Ace fanboy (at least, back in the day), I probably gave it more chance than it deserved, but I thought it was good (and a lot of the critical response never made sense to me. From Wikipedia, here's IGN's fantastic summary:

"This isn't a game marred with horrendous bugs or unplayable combat. And it's not boring. It's just misguided. The story is intriguing enough that RPG fanatics should at least give this a rental."

:blink:

• Like 1

On 3/8/2018 at 1:15 AM, Edward_FOX_86 said:

In all honesty I quite enjoyed it from the story down to the game play.

I myself got XBL again after an 18 month break just to play black ops. In my opinion the XB1 shines with BC, easy choice given the sheer lack of modern exclusives. Maybe er should start a "what's your XB GT?" thread.

• Like 1

Race Pro is another one that I can think of. It's alright if you like Sim racing. The Forza series is obviously far superior but Race Pro was still pretty good I thought. Basic, but nice to play.

Also, Project Gotham Racing 3&4 are 360 exclusives. They're more on the arcade side and were pretty fun racing games too.

The Scene It games are also worth looking into if you like trivia games like PlayStation's Buzz series.

Quake Arena Arcade.

It's an enhanced remake of Quake 3 Arena / Team Arena for the Xbox 360. It's got HD visuals, kickass online, and countless hours to kill if you enjoy classic FPS.

It's five bucks, and it's the only reason I still have a 360 (everything else I either have on PS3, or it's BC). 

49 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Quake Arena Arcade.

It's an enhanced remake of Quake 3 Arena / Team Arena for the Xbox 360. It's got HD visuals, kickass online, and countless hours to kill if you enjoy classic FPS.

It's five bucks, and it's the only reason I still have a 360 (everything else I either have on PS3, or it's BC). 

Hey I also have this, is it BC for the Xb1 though? What about Quake 4?

I only play games on PlayStation but I remember hearing about a game called The War Of Worlds. I'm not sure if this is know by everyone or if it really is obscure but because i only heard about it one time and had to look for it to fine the game I decided to add it here. The game also as a ten out of ten for the difficulty for unlocking all the achievements https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/war-of-the-worlds/guide/. I'm kinda glad it never came to PlayStation because if it did I might have been tempted to play it and try to earn all the trophies if it had any.           

5 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Hey I also have this, is it BC for the Xb1 though? What about Quake 4?

Nope, hence I keep my 360 floating around for it. Vote for it on Xbox feedback and hopefully it will happen. https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backward-compatibility/suggestions/8376912-quake-arena-arcade

(Quake 4 also isn't BC, forgot to mention)

• 3 weeks later...

Strania the Stella Machina (shmup) - It's BC.

Eschatos (shmup/Japan import) - Also plays on a USA 360.  Don't think this is BC yet.

Both are also on Steam for PC.  Eschatos has gotten a little pricey on 360 (I've seen it going used for $90+), but the Steam version is $15.

Agree about Quake 4 needing to be BC.   The framerate on 360 has terrible drops sometimes- in some less busy areas it runs fine, at its worst it can fall to 12 FPS.  Surely the 360 could've handled it better than this- I think the developer got a bit sloppy when porting it.  X1 should be able to run this with at a constant 60.