Platinum difficulty?

TomiA-

Platinum Difficulty?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Scale 1 to 10

This is for the PS4 version, which I assume is the same as the PS3 version I played, which was very easy.  If you use a guide, you might be able to finish the game in a day.  I played it over 2 days, took me about 12 hours of game time and I really took my time.

The game is really easy, despite some annoyingly easy to miss collectibles and cheap deaths (I remember dying a lot in the Hospital section). But a quick game, would agree that 12 hours sounds right to complete it in one go with a guide. I played it myself on the PS3.

I would give this a solid 3/10. Short story, missable collectibles, simple puzzles

2/10 in that it isn't completely zero effort. I've seriously debated exploiting EB's return policy to get the Plat for the PS4 version but I don't think I'm that pathetic. It barely even qualifies as a game, honestly and a couple of the side quests take literally seconds to finish. Really feels unfinished and apparently it was. 

• 5 months later...

It's between 1 and 2. What exactly is difficult in this game? The QTEs when you walk up behind those demons? That is the most difficult stuff you do in the game. Worst case scenario, you can just watch a video walkthrough, and you'll be fine with no matter what it is in this game. Sure, gotta find all the missable collectibles etc, but it's just to follow a guide.

It really depends on how you rate.

Realistically:

1/10 - A game you can't fail to plat.  My Name is Mayo, Slyde, Japanese VNs with no choices.

2/10 - A game the requires no skill, but some effort is required and the player must be awake part of the time.  Taletell game, VN with multiple routes, etc.

3/10 - A game that requires the payer to be awake (but not sober) at least 90% of the time; basic-hand eye coordination and problem solving abilities is required.  Most 'easy' action games or similarly easy turn-based RPGs.

Many people roll 1 and 2 into the same rating, but I think there is a difference.  By this scale I'd call Murdered: SS between a 2 and a 3.  It's easy.  Very easy.  The collectables require a guide or a lot of time spent searching every nook and cranny.  The demons are vaguely annoying and a few parts require you to be at least awake.

Keep in mind that I'm saying a 1 requires only that you turn the game on, and a 2 means to can press X when prompted.    

• Like 1