God of War [PS4] New Gameplay Footage [Official]

Leaderboards

9 hours ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Can you translate this into actual English? 1f914.png

Come on buddy really?Alright the comments are weird some are saying good direction new GOW and are super hyped for this exclusive.

Some on the other hand are saying no jump button and more crafting looks like d.souls.

I watched the video completely and yes its a new GOW with all new everything.

9 hours ago, Super Sand Virginia said:

Oh so cool. You're from Panama! Meeting new people from new places. Nice!

And yeah I understand what you mean, combat is different.

Thank you so much hola amigo.

Big world.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tounavis said:

Come on buddy really?Alright the comments are weird some are saying good direction new GOW and are super hyped for this exclusive.

Some on the other hand are saying no jump button and more crafting looks like d.souls.

I watched the video completely and yes its a new GOW with all new everything.

Thanks mate ;-)

Like many people here I suppose, English is a foreign language to me so yes, I get quickly lost when people start using too much “shortcuts” in their messages...

I agree this is a radical new turn in the series, some will like and other won’t. But making another “usual” GoW would have been less attractive in my opinion.

Hasta luego ? ?

Edited by Neef-GT5

23 hours ago, Super Sand Virginia said:

New gameplay footage for upcoming God of War (PS4)

Most likely will be removed by Sony soon.

Edit 1: Video was removed by Sony

Edit 2: New mirror video thanks to @Valyrious! :)

Sorry if this is not supposed to be posted on the forums, I wanted to share and my excitement took over lol.

Preorder definitely not cancelled.

Share with us your opinion (love, hate, or confusion)! :P

Video down...

• Like 1

I always read the comments while watching videos on yt and I did the same 4 this video but yeah just 1 comment stood out to me.

The guy said something like they hid most the gameplay videos coz they dont want people realising the game is gonna be different.I am pretty sure we will find out soon.

2 hours ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Thanks mate ;-)

Like many people here I suppose, English is a foreign language to me so yes, I get quickly lost when people start using too much “shortcuts” in their messages...

I agree this is a radical new turn in the series, some will like and other won’t. But making another “usual” GoW would have been less attractive in my opinion.

Hasta luego 1f44b.png1f60a.png

Hey dis moi on a le droit de repondre en francais ici.Cest pas contre le reglement non?Ya d fois jenvi demander des trucs parcequ en anglais cest tellement dure des fois.

Thank you merci.

1 minute ago, Tounavis said:

Hey dis moi on a le droit de repondre en francais ici.Cest pas contre le reglement non?Ya d fois jenvi demander des trucs parcequ en anglais cest tellement dure des fois.

Thank you merci.

Un français de Panama, donc ??

Je crois qu’il faut éviter pour qu’un maximum de gens puisse suivre la conversation - l’anglais est le nouveau latin...

So I try to use my best possible English, at least when written people cannot hear my terrible French accent ?

3 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

I didnt see OP's original leaked footage but found this:

is this what was the leaked stuff?

Yes it's the same one...

10 minutes ago, Tounavis said:

Have a good week.

You too mate ;-)

Can't believe my most anticipated game is releasing in just a month. Going over those feelings I felt when I was waiting for Persona 5 to drop all over again. A feeling I don't get too often these days.

I doubt it'll be as good as Persona 5 to me, but here's hoping it creates a strong foundation for a new trilogy and isn't a flop like Andromeda (practically impossible).

• Like 1

Glad to FINALLY see some combat going on, but I'm still iffy on it, especially thinking about it being stretched over a campaign that promises to last well over 15 hours or so. Each encounter looks really similar and the camera being so close seems more like a hinderance.

Still, won't know for sure if it's God of Bore or God of Phwoar until I get my copy and play. But I'm keeping my expectation low, won't lie.

looks awesome to me some already judge the game even before playing? lol!

stay classy guys & gals, if they keeps the old gameplay style people will complain saying it's kinda outdated to some digre, if they made a new gameplay style people will complain saying the old play style was better, if they tried to innovative people will complain saying what's not broken don't need to be fixed and if they tried to copy another game's battle system people will complain saying it's dark souls, batman arkham all over again ... complainers gonna complain, i guess ?

GOW Ascension used the old school original traditional GOW gameplay we all know and that game didn't receive well like the previous entries........

• Like 4

1 hour ago, yellowwindow7 said:

looks awesome to me some already judge the game even before playing? lol!

stay classy guys & gals, if they keeps the old gameplay style people will complain saying it's kinda outdated to some digre, if they made a new gameplay style people will complain saying the old play style was better, if they tried to innovative people will complain saying what's not broken don't need to be fixed and if they tried to copy another game's battle system people will complain saying it's dark souls, batman arkham all over again ... complainers gonna complain, i guess 1f603.png

GOW Ascension used the old school original traditional GOW gameplay we all know and that game didn't receive well like the previous entries........

It's a double edge sword. Those people will give you shit because you're judging the game by saying it looks awesome without playing it.

My biggest gripe about complainers right now is that they are whining so hard about there not being a jump button. 

Holding triangle to bring the axe back to you feels great. You know that feeling in a Star Wars movie or a game where you're throwing your light saber at an enemy and it just comes back to you like a boomerang? I don't know why, but holding a button to bring your axe back feels like you're actually in the game in a small way.

But then I guess the immersion is broken because you can't press X to jump. :lol: Listen, guys, you don't need to jump in the game.

The game look awesome, doesn't mind the new gameplay, I really enjoyed the story behind GOW. never played GOW 3 yet, looking forward to. I played GOW 1 and 2 on PS2 when I was younger back in the days and fall in love with the game. But I switched for xbox over the PS3 and never get the chance to play the others GOW. So i'm playing the others GOW while waiting for my collector's edition. ?

10 hours ago, Valyrious said:

It's a double edge sword. Those people will give you shit because you're judging the game by saying it looks awesome without playing it.

My biggest gripe about complainers right now is that they are whining so hard about there not being a jump button. 

Holding triangle to bring the axe back to you feels great. You know that feeling in a Star Wars movie or a game where you're throwing your light saber at an enemy and it just comes back to you like a boomerang? I don't know why, but holding a button to bring your axe back feels like you're actually in the game in a small way.

But then I guess the immersion is broken because you can't press X to jump. :lol: Listen, guys, you don't need to jump in the game.

dreamcast guy actually likes it so much from what he saw, his only complain is when Kratos give his son a boost up a ledge to find something useful for him to climb the ledge, he kinda had a point as we all know how OP Kratos is as he simply can just give his son a piggy back and jump that high with ease, though I believe Kratos on this game is no longer had those super human powers as he's more normal being on this new game??

and yeah, I don't understand those who complain about a no jump button, still remember when people complain about Luigi's Mansion on the GameCube that it doesn't have a jump button.... I mean the game looks far much different than any Mario platformer game and it doesn't looks like it should have a jump feature.

I think the complaints about the no jump button in the new GOW game is that this mean there's no longer an aerial combos, I'm a person who loves platformers so much and I don't have an issue why the new GOW doesn't have a jump button.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yellowwindow7 said:

dreamcast guy actually likes it so much from what he saw, his only complain is when Kratos give his son a boost up a ledge to find something useful for him to climb the ledge, he kinda had a point as we all know how OP Kratos is as he simply can just give his son a piggy back and jump that high with ease, though I believe Kratos on this game is no longer had those super human powers as he's more normal being on this new game??

and yeah, I don't understand those who complain about a no jump button, still remember when people complain about Luigi's Mansion on the GameCube that it doesn't have a jump button.... I mean the game looks far much different than any Mario platformer game and it doesn't looks like it should have a jump feature.

I think the complaints about the no jump button in the new GOW game is that this mean there's no longer an aerial combos, I'm a person who loves platformers so much and I don't have an issue why the new GOW doesn't have a jump button.

Even if it had a jump button, people would find something else to complain about. The game looks VERY awesome but nooo all they notice is the jump mechanic missing... who cares.

• Like 1

I know this is probably early game footage, but Kratos shouldn’t be taking so long to defeat a single grunt-type enemy. Feels like they’re trying to emulate Dark Souls in a game that doesn’t need it.