[Winners Announced] EZPZs Only Pls PSN Code Giveaway

Gage

What a day to return to PSNP. I remember why I left now.

25 minutes ago, Thropy_Hore said:

nah, THIS thread was designed to make a point (a very good one, at that)

on the other hand, this current thread is a harmless giveaway that anybody can enter – it's very possible to be eligible for both giveaways, so people perceiving this thread as trolling are actually just projecting their personal elitism & ignorant black-or-white mindset which parallels something like homophobia.

(to answer your question explicitly if it wasn't clear, this giveaway is open to everybody whereas yours punishes anybody who happens to enjoy puzzle games like Suicide Guy)

You must be delusional m8. I can't enter this coz I don't have any 75%+ plats and can't really buy any this month.. and even if i could I'd rather spend it on something else. I also can't enter the other one coz I've got a bunch of hidden unobtainables (but I wouldn't mind unhiding them temporarily). I can see from ur profile why you would defend this so vigorously but the fact is this giveaway is no different to the other one and both are great. I also dont have enough posts but that's something i could probably get by the time the window closes.

So yh I dunno why you think this one is open to everybody, unless by everybody you are referring to a select group of people that are entitled as far as ur concerned.

To paraphrase this one punshes anybody who happens to enjoy going exclusively for uncommon/rare games.

Edited by DrMontez
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Thropy_Hore said:

nah, THIS thread was designed to make a point (a very good one, at that)

on the other hand, this current thread is a harmless giveaway that anybody can enter – it's very possible to be eligible for both giveaways, so people perceiving this thread as trolling are actually just projecting their personal elitism & ignorant black-or-white mindset which parallels something like homophobia.

(to answer your question explicitly if it wasn't clear, this giveaway is open to everybody whereas yours punishes anybody who happens to enjoy puzzle games like Suicide Guy)

You missed all the people that happen to only have stuff like  Hitman Go as their most common plat?

Believe it or not, getting plats above 75% isn't that common if you aren't just looking for quick plats (and only a few games with plats above 75% would be given a chance by your regular player).

This removes quite a lot of people from the giveaway too (just like the rules on the other one, and to some extent, it's harder to find decent games with a plat over 75% then to "have" 1 of the blacklisted games from the other giveaway).

In the end, both giveaways are targetting 2 different kinds of players and some (like me) fit the rules of both, others don't fit the rules of either (like someone without a 75%+ plat but also with Hanna Montana the Movie in their trophy list).

And, please don't act as if this giveaway "is open to everyone, while the other on isn't ", when it isn't true.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Considering it's way more possible for someone to go and buy a game with a 75%+ plat and plat it before April 1st than it is to remove one of those blacklisted games, yes this giveaway is far more open than the other one.  Everyone is technically capable of meeting the requirements of this giveaway.  They may not be willing to, but the capability does exist unless there is a region that exists where absolutely none of those games are available for purchase.  To be able to enter the other one would require Sony to add the feature to remove games with trophies earned from our profiles, which isn't happening anytime soon.

And personally, I have issues with the other topic because it is pretty much looking down upon people who have played even one easy plat, no matter what their reasoning may be or what other games they have played when trophy hunting should be far more about having fun.  If someone has fun while playing a game like My Name is Mayo or Hannah Montana, what business is that to anyone else?  It's their money and time spent on the game, not anyone else's.  I was seeing far too much hate/dislike towards people who play certain types of games when people out there may well enjoy playing them.

You could say the same about this "because it is pretty much looking down upon people who have not even played one easy plat, no matter what their reasoning may be or what other games they have played when trophy hunting should be far more about having fun. If someone has fun while playing a game like NGS2 or SMB, what business is that to anyone else? It's their money and time spent on the game, not anyone else's."

And exactly this, it is the hosts money and not anyone elses so don't really see why ppl are salty over something that isn't theirs to begin with.

Re your first point, I wouldn't just be able to go out and buy a game due to student financial constraints and that kind of game simply doesn't interest me and i would have no fun with it. So why should i be penalised because of my different interests and concept of fun? And anyway the other one barely has any blacklisted games and the op actually removed a lot of titles based on people who bothered to justify them. Ppl don't even bother to read through the entire thread and jump to ridiculous conclusions, it's pretty sad

Edit: At the end of the day if you can't enter a giveaway or a competition then it is simply not designed for you. Nothing personal about it and usually 95% of other people can enter. These kind of generous events don't need to be catered for everyone and shouldn't be taken for granted.. I can't post in the other thread so thanks to @Gage & @Zolkovo for both your genorosity

Edited by DrMontez
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

You missed all the people that happen to only have stuff like  Hitman Go as their most common plat?

Believe it or not, getting plats above 75% isn't that common if you aren't just looking for quick plats (and only a few games with plats above 75% would be given a chance by your regular player).

This removes quite a lot of people from the giveaway too (just like the rules on the other one, and to some extent, it's harder to find decent games with a plat over 75% then to "have" 1 of the blacklisted games from the other giveaway).

And, please don't act as if this giveaway "is open to everyone, while the other on isn't ", when it isn't true.

i'm afraid you've missed the point completely

i cannot join the elitist giveaway even if my life depended upon it, nor if I was the most powerful man on earth

can spend $1–5 and sacrifice 20–30 mins of my day to join this contest (if i wasn't already eligible)

you like platformers like SMB? 36 Fragments is $3 and takes 20m

you like strategy games reminiscent of Angry Birds? Midnight Deluxe is $5 and takes 20m

you like sidescroller adventure games? Little Adventure on the Prairie is $5 and takes 20m

you're not picky & just want the cheapest entry into the contest? Mayo is $1 and takes 30m

29 minutes ago, DrMontez said:

You could say the same about this "because it is pretty much looking down upon people who have not even played one easy plat, no matter what their reasoning may be or what other games they have played when trophy hunting should be far more about having fun. If someone has fun while playing a game like NGS2 or SMB, what business is that to anyone else? It's their money and time spent on the game, not anyone else's."

this is not looking down on anyone since you can still fulfill the entry requirements if you want in.

i have listed several EZPZ from a variety of genres, so there's something for everyone. 

And exactly this, it is the hosts money and not anyone elses so don't really see why ppl are salty over something that isn't theirs to begin with.

this argument has already been thoroughly deconstructed by @LeetWolf2 's thread i linked

Re your first point, I wouldn't just be able to go out and buy a game due to student financial constraints and that kind of game simply doesn't interest me and i would have no fun with it. So why should i be penalised because of my different interests and concept of fun? And anyway the other one barely has any blacklisted games and the op actually removed a lot of titles based on people who bothered to justify them. Ppl don't even bother to read through the entire thread and jump to ridiculous conclusions, it's pretty sad

giphy.gif

if you sincerely can't even spare $1 for Mayo, or $3–5 for something from a genre you enjoy, then congrats – you win this debate and have my pity

Edited by Thropy_Hore
  • Like 1

i'm afraid you've missed the point completely

i cannot join the elitist giveaway even if my life depended upon it, nor if I was the most powerful man on earth

can spend $1–5 and sacrifice 20–30 mins of my day to join this contest (if i wasn't already eligible)

you like platformers like SMB? 36 Fragments is $3 and takes 20m

you like strategy games reminiscent of Angry Birds? Midnight Deluxe is $5 and takes 20m

you like sidescroller adventure games? Little Adventure on the Prairie is $5 and takes 20m

you're not picky & just want the cheapest entry into the contest? Mayo is $1 and takes 30m

This is exactly the kind of black & white view you were using in ur own argument. This site is called PSNProfiles not PSNTrophies. Some people like to have their profile in a specific way that doesn't involve those games and there's nothing wrong with that, just as there is nothing wrong with people who play and enjoy those games.

if you sincerely can't even spare $1 for Mayo, or $3–5 for something from a genre you enjoy, then congrats – you win this debate and have my pity

You can mock me all you like but not all of us are priviledged and I'm actually trying to support my siblings while studying myself. There's no need to make this personal.

And that leetwolf thread has nothing to do with trophies or gaming so don't really see it's relevance on a gaming/trophy site.

Edit: I still don't understand what's so elitist about either threads? It's not like they require a 90% overall completion or ultra rare only plats, or a minimum number of plats.. one is aimed at casual gamers and this one is aimed at trophy hunters pretty much.. i have a strong suspicion most people who have entered here and are eligible are probably 34+ PSN lvl and maybe a handful are lower.

Edited by DrMontez
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Zolkovo said:

...in both cases a small minority of the community are unable to participate. [...]

There are still those unable to participate in either and have remained respectful.

Yeah, no.

The requirements here exclude exactly 2 types of gamers:

1. Ones that can't afford to spend $1-2

2. Ones that are unaware of this thread

The requirements in the other thread are meant to be exclusive and double up on being so by using phrases like " to reward people who stick to games they actually want to play " and " I realise that some people might consider them mistakes and might have some of those games from a long time ago that they regret now and can't do anything about".

8 hours ago, Zolkovo said:

And by participating you are by default "condoning" both threads. Surely that's the epitome of hypocrisy? Some people only seem to have moral standards when it doesn't suit them.

I don't think most of those words you used mean what you think they do. You are redefining "condoning" and then you go off on that tangent with added salt like "epitome of hypocrisy" even though your premise was all wrong.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hBLOXs said:

Yeah, no.

The requirements here exclude exactly 2 types of gamers:

1. Ones that can't afford to spend $1-2

2. Ones that are unaware of this thread

Yeah, no.

I can't and won't be joining this giveaway. As I don't have any of the EZPZ games on my list and I don't want them on my list.

Could I afford it?

Sure!

Am I gonna play those games so I can enter?

Hell no!

Do I feel offended because I can't enter?

Absolutely not, and I wish everyone the best of luck.

I'll be joining the other giveaway.

And welcome to the forum.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Yeah, no.

I can't and won't be joining this giveaway. As I don't have any of the EZPZ games on my list and I don't want them on my list.

Yeah, still no. The requirements of this giveaway don't exclude you. You are excluding yourself. Very different thing.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, hBLOXs said:

Yeah, still no. The requirements of this giveaway don't exclude you. You are excluding yourself. Very different thing.

Yeah, still no.

The requirements of this giveaway do exclude me. I can understand your point of view though. Let's agree to disagree.

11 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Yeah, still no.

The requirements of this giveaway do exclude me. I can understand your point of view though. Let's agree to disagree.

No, why?

You proclaimed to be able to afford a $1 game. Thus you are not excluded from the giveaway as there is still plenty of time to get mayo or midnight done.

Literally the only people who are excluded by the requirements of the giveaway are the ones that can't afford to buy any of the midnight games. As those were released after March 2017 and are either already on your profile or could be put there for $2 and 2 hours effort max.

Anything else is of your own making. It's not a point of view to agree or disagree about. It's a simple fact.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hBLOXs said:

No, why?

You proclaimed to be able to afford a $1 game. Thus you are not excluded from the giveaway as there is still plenty of time to get mayo or midnight done.

Literally the only people who are excluded by the requirements of the giveaway are the ones that can't afford to buy any of the midnight games. As those were released after March 2017 and are either already on your profile or could be put there for $2 and 2 hours effort max.

Anything else is of your own making. It's not a point of view to agree or disagree about. It's a simple fact.

So what about, I don't want these games on my list, don't you understand? This is a profile site, I don't want it on my profile. For me this giveaway is as locked as the other one is for you. (I guess). It's all in perspective. But I guess you don't see it that way. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Honestly, this is a silly "debate". I tend to side with the TC on it. This isn't a giveaway based on whether your PSNID begins with "starcrunc" (by the way, feel free to have that giveaway!).

You don't want to play a game for an EZPZ plat? Your choice. But you always can.

And that's the key here.

19 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

So what about, I don't want these games on my list, don't you understand? This is a profile site, I don't want it on my profile. For me this giveaway is as locked as the other one is for you. (I guess). It's all in perspective. But I guess you don't see it that way. 

Kindly refrain from venturing into "... what about [it] don't you understand?" territory. I've acknowledged understanding you perfectly several times by saying "...it's of your own making" and "you are excluding yourself". This would be a more appropriate time to ask: What about that don't you understand?

And truth be told, I'm way prouder of my midnight plats than I am of any telltale games on my profile. They require a little more skills than staying awake. And yet I don't sneer at telltale enthusiasts unless they start wagging fingers in my face about preserving dignity.

Edited by hBLOXs

14 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

But as others have said, this is something you are choosing to do.  I can't make the choice to remove My Name is Mayo to enter the other giveaway because that would require either a time machine or Sony adding a feature to remove games with trophies earned, both of which are not happening anytime soon.

The reason why this one is less exclusive is because TC has not included a requirement that you are incapable of meeting.  You are capable of buying one of those games, have the money to do so, they are available in your region and you have the time to play them.  You are choosing to not do so is what is excluding you.