Worst Assasins Creed story yet?

I agree. I really enjoyed everything they added from the beautiful environment to the legendary weapons you could get. The combat was cool and the side quests had a ton of variety before they looped back into the repetitive state. However, the story was so bland that I don't even remember what happened or what the point of it was other than avenging his son. Didn't one of the bad guys say (I don't think i'd be spoiling anything by saying this because anyone who clicks this thread with the title should already have completed the story. If not and you click it anyway, given the context, then that's what you get.) that his son was pretty much a sacrifice and that killing him was the one thing that he doesn't regret doing? But why though? Did they even explain that? And there was literally not enough obvious tension between his wife and him to just call it quits at that point. The story left me with more questions than answers and for an origin story, I was not impressed. I don't think Ubisoft did the origin of the assassin's any justice at all but the game was pretty good in many other aspects.

35 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

No, i don't agree at all. Maybe the final act is kinda weak in comparison, but for me is one of the best AC ever. And there is absolutely no way that AC 3 could be better than this one.

Just wondering how you can think stuff like this 

is better than stuff like this 

8 minutes ago, SG_Pfa said:

I haven't played it yet... but can it really be worse than Unity?

Haven't played that one largely because of how people reacted to it but assuming it actually takes time to develop its characters and plot then this would be worse.

It's difficult for me to decide. Actually, I liked this game a lot. I was also very interested in the world and story but there are only 3 main story scenes I still remember at this point: The beginning, the ending (which I really liked) including the last scene between Bayek and Aya and one scene in between. Also when Bayek and Aya met again in the first DLC. However, the rest was absolutely skippable and the historical characters as well as the targets/enemies were just no comparison to those from AC2/B for example as well as the whole story.

I feel like they focussed too much on re-creating the franchise, especially the gameplay, so they forgot that AC used to have a great and detailed story years ago. AC:O's story was too rushed when things were getting interesting and it felt too dragged out when nothing actually happened. I feel like overall is was just too flippant.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

Actually yes, is way better, i loved the animalistic representations of the targets, and the mythological things around the journey to the Duat. I don't know why i'm really arguing with you when you say something like "the worst AC yet" when you didn't even played all the others, like Unity. 

It's just one dimensional characters doing some incoherent blabbing vs some actual moral ambiguity and defending their position.  

• Like 1

combat is good but not much else.

ways too many pointless activities for plat. bland characters. pyramids were lackluster imo. 

I had a friend who she claimed this was part of a trilogy. but she's a stupid idiot who thinks even AC3 is a 10/10. so anything she says I generally ignore. point of reference is that there are some who think this story and 3 are pure gold. lol. 

but yeah combat good. everything else bad.

Don't think it was the worst story but definitely not the best. Unity still owns the title of worst/most boring.

Origins is very much style over substance. 

6 hours ago, NieSwiety said:

True. Fun gameplay, with quite terrible setting (hate all that sand), and story that after 1/3 of the game you just skip.

BUT ofc it is because we played a lot of games before. I can see that for someone less experienced it will be a interesting game to play.

You play a game set in Egypt then whinge about the sand, riiiiiight.

• Like 2

Got the collectors edition on pc and 100%

Bought it Friday again and already got the platinum and currently rounding up on DLC

I love the game, I love the character and I'm probably one of the few people who actually hate Ezio.

I like the fact Bayek is just an agressive asshole who wants everything and everyone dead who was involved in his sons dead. On the other hand Ezio is this perfect guy who everybody loves and just a smooth fuckboy all round.

Just an opinion I respect everyone who favors a character over another but it's just the way I feel about the whole Ezio=Assassin's Creed

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 10:28 PM, Tusked-Lattice said:

Just me apparently. 

Perhaps a few other since they felt it was worth making a movie about.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.  Since well the movie takes place during the Spanish Inquisition.

On 4/16/2018 at 7:52 AM, The Spark said:

Best Assassin's Creed game in a long time, there's some narmy lines in there but overall, I'd say best Assassin's Creed game yet.

Started on The Curse Of The Pharaohs now, first time I bought an AC DLC at full price.

@Tusked-Lattice I want to respect your opinion of the game being bad, to each their own and there's no debating taste, but you could do with respecting a bit that other people love this game. Yes actually, I thought the post-assassination discussions with the targets were the best yet in this game.

What are you talking about? You play as Bayek and Aya/Amunet. They created the assassins together - Bayek brought the drive and protecting the common people, Aya decided they should stick to the shadows and that they needed to look beyond Egypt. I thought this was a much better way of controlling two people than what Syndicate did.

I loved the ending, and I'm currently really enjoying what the DLC do with the Hidden Ones and the artifacts. Can't wait to hear what's in store for the next game.

Also, Unity gets bitched on too much in general, in my opinion. I didn't think it was amazing but I didn't think it was horrible either. Just forgettable, like III. Both passable games that have the misfortune of being in a franchise with better titles.

Also: I really enjoyed the movie.

The ending of Unity was absolute crap.  At least Origins had a proper ending.  Even an epilogue to boot.