Shenmue I & II announced for PS4

Suminya

6 hours ago, Spyro said:

Never played either game, but now I will.

Same here . Was in desires to get a Dreamcast system specially to play these 2 titles but they are expensive as hell for my pockets tbh . Now i can finally play them on my PS4 and with trophies in the mixture , so all better now ?

9 hours ago, Piano Reeves said:

Yay! More fucking forklifting! Gimme more!

Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault6ausj.jpg

I've never had the opportunity to play the second game. Its Dreamcast EU release was quite limited and the price skyrocketed. I never owned an Xbox.

That forklift was Ryo's ride on Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing wasn't it ? 

Edited by Sigma999
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2018 at 10:55 PM, Dreakon13 said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

All I'll say, is that those of you without nostalgia on your side (ie. playing them for the first time)... they're rough games. I'm confident when I say they probably haven't aged well at all and expectations should be VERY tempered going in. I'll be enjoying the hell out of them though. Might even get some junk food and stay up all night playing like the good ol' days. :D 

I only played the first one for the first time back in 2016 and enjoyed the hell out of it, wooden English voice acting aside.

On 4/14/2018 at 6:27 AM, Piano Reeves said:

Only with a drastic decrease of random encounters.

I didn't think the random encounter rate in the GameCube version was too bad, but I think they could tweak that pretty easily.

Honestly looks better than I remembered/expected.  I'm sure certain aspects of the games may feel dated (or very dated), but maybe I spoke too soon when I implied newcomers need to keep expectations so low.  I dunno.  All I know is I'm really excited for it! :)

EDIT: I wonder if Gamestop would let me preorder a PS4 retail copy ASAP.  I don't see it on their site yet.

Edited by Dreakon13

I play these 2 games at least once a year on the Dreamcast, the console I just can't let go of. I love these games tbh, the flow between the 2 is fantastic and I remember the boat into Victoria harbour back in the day and almost crapping myself with excitement for the next part of the story. I don't need to buy these since I have them in eng/jap anyway, But I will buy them because why not? Support the team.