Shenmue I & II announced for PS4

Suminya

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ecstatic-gif-8.gif

Edited by Leaderboards
  • Like 3

IGN has published a short article about this. The most interesting titbit is this one:

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will be available both digitally and at retail, while the PC version will be released via Steam. Preorders for all versions will go live "soon."

Physical, baby. ?

• Like 4

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

All I'll say, is that those of you without nostalgia on your side (ie. playing them for the first time)... they're rough games. I'm confident when I say they probably haven't aged well at all and expectations should be VERY tempered going in. I'll be enjoying the hell out of them though. Might even get some junk food and stay up all night playing like the good ol' days. :D 

Just now, Snow_Miku_2012 said:

Physical, baby. ?

YES!  Even better!!

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

Those are some great news.

Got the first Shenmue on Dreamcast and I always thought it was a pretty innovative game for its time. Truth be told, never got to finish it, but still... the game is totally unique.

Extra points for the game getting a physical release, nice.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Fuck yes!!!! I’ve never played Shenmue 2 (never had a X-Box). But this will give me the opportunity to play it finally! Can replay the 1st one all over again. Day 1 buy for me!! Oh and I’ve noticed there’s no release date on this either. Hopefully, it comes soon!! 

Edited by kidson2004

4 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

All I'll say, is that those of you without nostalgia on your side (ie. playing them for the first time)... they're rough games. I'm confident when I say they probably haven't aged well at all and expectations should be VERY tempered going in. I'll be enjoying the hell out of them though. Might even get some junk food and stay up all night playing like the good ol' days. :D 

I'm kind of worried about nostalgia hyping people up. But I kind of hope they don't make them TOO "updated" or whatever at the same time...

idk they're niche, I'm just glad it's getting a normal physical release. 

... at least I pray it's a standard release.

4 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

All I'll say, is that those of you without nostalgia on your side (ie. playing them for the first time)... they're rough games. I'm confident when I say they probably haven't aged well at all and expectations should be VERY tempered going in. I'll be enjoying the hell out of them though. Might even get some junk food and stay up all night playing like the good ol' days

Yeah, I've played around with some emulators and watched gameplay and the only way I could see myself playing through these are for the undoubtly prestigious trofeés. I could see myself playing through a Skies of Arcadia remaster, but unless the game assets on Dreamcast games get some heavy polishing, I'd keep the expectations in check.

59 minutes ago, mecharobot said:

Yeah, I've played around with some emulators and watched gameplay and the only way I could see myself playing through these are for the undoubtly prestigious trofeés. I could see myself playing through a Skies of Arcadia remaster, but unless the game assets on Dreamcast games get some heavy polishing, I'd keep the expectations in check.

This needs to happen!