Watch Dogs 3 Rumored to Be in Development.

Nexuds121

20 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

Seems like Watch Dogs 3 is in development. Mmm I wonder what it will be like this time. 

18 minutes ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

Source?

I think this is a better, actual link to a source that should be posted in the OP: 

• Like 2

This is fantastic news. Loved the first two games, particularly the last one. I was dying for a sequel and think Watch Dogs is one of Ubisoft's better franchises if not their best :D

7 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Do people still care about this franchise?

I know I couldn't give a shite about it.....or do I? ?

• Like 1

Not as popular as AssCreed but def. Ubi top games. Probably was in the works before even WD2 was released...seeing a 3 had no doubt in me.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY
Its even safe to say we may see 4, 5 and 6...

1 hour ago, Gommes_ said:

Do people still care about this franchise?

Some of the characters were a bit much in terms of hacker stereotypes but I thought WD2 was a huge improvement, and San Francisco made for an awesome open world. It's not my favourite franchise but I think it still has more potential. 

Watch Dogs 1 was alright, I dug it. Platinum'd it, was the best open world driving / murder game on PS4 until GTA V finally came over.

Watch Dogs 2 was a much better game, but the story was fucking dreadful. half the way through I was button mashing the skip dialogue button because I just couldn't stand these douchebag hipster assholes to be honest.

I'd be down day one for another Aiden story 10/10. 

I'd be down day one for a new city and cast  of characters too.

I wouldn't even touch a sequel that has any of the assholes from number two. 

I look forward to the inevitable absolute train wreck this will become. Watch Dogs 1 just had nothing going for it for me, a generic big budget open world Ubi game that couldn't keep up with it's main competitors, it defined "playing it safe". I enjoyed Watch Dogs 2 more but I fully expect Ubi to take every wrong lesson from its success and make what was already basically a cartoon even more exaggerated. I expect every element that was on just the right side of tolerable to be blown past that point in any sequel. I could laugh at the accidental comedy of a game taking the piss out of itself without realizing it in 2 but I doubt the careful balance that allowed me to imagine the devs had an iota of self-awareness will be maintained. At least 1 had some coherent themes about technology, now I can only see millennial pandering being the defining trait of the series.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, boringname123 said:

...now I can only see millennial pandering being the defining trait of the series.

I hope they combine the gameplay direction of 2 with the dark, violent revenge themes of 1.

Edited by rdhight

14 hours ago, The Spark said:

I still haven't gotten beyond Act 1 in the first game. I liked the second game, but those main characters were so annoyingly millennial that it seriously took me a while to figure out it wasn't supposed to be tongue in cheek but that the game was completely straight faced about it.

In 20 years, playing Watch Dogs 2 will feel like the "Mr. Sandman" scene from Back to the Future where they pack as many 1950s things as possible into as small a space as possible. It's so of its time, it becomes a parody of it.

• Like 1