What are some hard PS4 or PS3 Platinums without multiplayer trophies?

Thiccy_Chungus

Regarding my list: of course different people will have different experiences. And I do not even own a lot of those games myself (yet) so can not really vouch for the accuracy. But to be honest the ratings at .org often sometimes seem to be pretty far off the mark to begin with. Let's just say that there are multiple ways to boost your own rarity ;)

2 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Regarding my list: of course different people will have different experiences. And I do not even own a lot of those games myself (yet) so can not really vouch for the accuracy. But to be honest the ratings at .org often sometimes seem to be pretty far off the mark to begin with. Let's just say that there are multiple ways to boost your own rarity ;)

Yeah, the .org ratings are often waaay off. If people feel they don't make it at first try, it's difficult, when if all they need to do is put a little bit more time into it and they'll make it just fine, meaning it's not that difficult. If it takes a lot of time, oh damn it's difficult, even if what they do in that time might be super easy. Or just a game with a genre a lot of people has never played which ends up at PS+ or something.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Rogue Legacy is a pretty tough one that I didn't see listed here on my short scan of the thread. It is on both PS3 and PS4 (although the trophy list is shared), and it should fill the bill.

i can agree with this, though there's a method to make the 15 run trophy easier doesn't make the platinum as scary as it should be but it does take some dedicated working for it and some great runs.

Edited by kingdrake2

I wouldn't say these are really "hard" (I'm not the type to play a game thats gonna stress me out for days just for a platinum), but the Splinter Cell trilogy, Hitman Silent Assassin/Contracts and Blood Money, The Last of Us, the Uncharted trilogy, God of War 3 remastered are all fun platinums

• Like 1

These are the challenging platinum trophies I've been confronted with on PS4 :

- Super Meat Boy : I have yet to get this one. I don't think I need to explain why I put it in here.

- Enter the Gungeon : I'm working on this one right now. It's a bullet-hell, dungeon-crawling game with procedurally generated levels. It's long and challenging, but really fun. I recommend it.

- Invisible Inc. : This one is longer than it is hard, but I figured I'd mention it since it's one of my proudest platinum trophies.

- Mighty No.9 : I wouldn't say it's too hard, but the requirements for some trophies can be quite intimidating.

- Shadow Warrior : Clearly an underrated gem. The biggest challenge in this one is going through the game on Heroic mode, which has you restart a chapter from the beginning each time you die.

- Furi : Great game with a gorgeous soundtrack and challenging trophies.

- Geometry Wars 3 : Dimensions : An extremely fun arena-shooter that'll test your skills and nerves.

- Titan Souls : This one's quite impossible without save abusing.

- Jotun : The hardest platinum trophy I've gone for so far. Beating the Valhalla bosses without getting hit or using God powers was a nightmare I don't want to have to go through ever again.

- Rogue Legacy : The above comments did a great job talking about this game.

- Crash Bandicoot : The game in itself is not that hard, but the gold relics are a bitch, especially in some levels.

- Hotline Miami 2 : You will die. A lot.

- Volgarr the Viking : I cheated a bit on this one. The trophy list in itself is pretty straightforward. The game, however, is quite difficult to get used to. You'll mainly be tested on your knowledge of the game, which will explain your numerous fails.

EDIT : While I was typing this, I forgot that Geometry Wars 3 had local co-op trophies. My bad.

Edited by gerboize
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 9:05 PM, FawltyPowers said:

Is this a general question or are you genuinely interested in completing hard games on your account.

The reason I ask is your completion rate is quite low - 41.46% and you have many challenging games on your account already.

Recommendations on your current list (achieving 100% in these will cancel out your My Name is Mayo Plat 1f609.png)

Metal Gear Solid V - whilst there are online trophies you can do these solo.

Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0 - Great games that provide a good challenge.

Catherine - Not played it yet but it's on my backlog, very challenging.

The Evil Within - Another game on my backlog that I'm looking forward to dedicating time to, all I've heard about that is Akuma mode

Devil May Cry 1 to 3 - Great hack 'n' slash games, whilst they are old they still play extremely well (except the second). DMC 1 and 3 are proud platinums to have on your account.

Super Meat Boy - Yes I have this too. Obtain the platinum for this one and I'll put a nod in your direction

See if you can crack that list. Best of luck!

Thanks for the suggestions man!! You have some pretty impressive trophies and I applaud you for that.:) I am genuinely interested I finishing hard games 100% as I enjoy challenging myself and I really do want to cover up the "my name is mayo" plat. Personally, I don't think I am capable of getting the super meat boy plat but I can try!!

Big thanks to everyone for replying I now have some good insight on Difficult platinums.

• Like 1

Hopefully some of these haven't been mentioned as of yet:

PS3:

• Any of the Rock Band / Guitar Hero games: These games, assuming you have every instrument needed, can be done offline, but they do require a lot of persistence and practice.
  • Any of the "Tales of" Games: Most JRPGs are pretty grindy from what I've read and the Tales series isn't really an exception. Tales of Symphonia will require multiple playthroughs to grab the platinum trophy.

PS4:

• The Witcher III: This game is one of the more difficult platinums due to simply playing the game on the hardest difficulty. Also, there are some missable cards for Gwent that you have to be extra careful with.
  • Shovel Knight: This game, while nowhere near as difficult as Super Meat Boy, is still a good challenge of a platinum. This game has the typical kinds of trophies for a platformer: Speedruns, No-death runs, etc.
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy: This mainly pertains to the first Crash Bandicoot game. All three remasters have time-trials implemented into them. The first Crash Bandicoot is notorious for having levels that aren't designed for speed-running. The other two games are more feasible, but the first one will test you.
  • Persona 5: This game is mainly a grindfest. This one will require two playthroughs and anywhere between 125-150 hours to platinum. It's also very hectic on micromanagement of time and how you plan to spend it. One minor screw up can potentially cost you a playthrough.

On 4/20/2018 at 3:51 AM, turpinator1986 said:

The evil within is pretty hard. Or if by hard you mean a long old grind then I’d go for the Witcher 3

Long =/= hard

OT: 

Soulsborne series, as every trophy can be earned offline IIRC. Being online just makes it easier.

The Evil Within

Metal Gear Solid/Rising

Resident Evil series

Deus Ex

Devil May Cry

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Wolfenstein II

On 4/20/2018 at 3:02 AM, giantturnip said:

I would say Bloodborne or Nioh. Both of them are difficult with getting trophies.

Bloodborne isn’t all that difficult. It has a steep learning curve but once you know how to parry and dodge it becomes a lot easier. 

The only ‘tough’ bits for me was the Defiled Chalice Dungeon, and fighting Orphan of Kos in the the DLC.

Edited by Spaz

XCOM 2 is really hard/fun. It does have one multiplayer trophy, but it's the easiest kind you could ask for: just play one MP match (win or lose). And if you like turn-based strategy games, I'd also recommend Darkest Dungeon.

If you prefer puzzles, The Talos Principle and (ugh) The Witness are worth a look.

For platformers, you got Shovel Knight, Shantae (Pirate's Curse is especially challenging), and Crash Bandicoot.

And if you're into action, check out Dark Souls, Bloodborne, or the lesser known Salt and Sanctuary.

None of these are unfairly hard, and they're all good games.

• Like 1

I don't know if this game has been mentioned but Velocity 2X definitely presented itself to be a bit of a challenge at times. Getting a 'Perfect' on some levels was difficult, as was getting some of those DLC trophies especially the ones from the Dual Core Pack.

I highly recommend this game. One of the better indie games out there from FuturLab Games.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Knights Contract but the only reason it is hard is due to the QTE's having a VERY small window especially on the highest difficulty. Especially the first tot last boss since he has a 7+ QTE scene.

everything else seems to have been mentioned otherwise.

3D Dot Game Heroes has some unforgiving mini-games making it pretty hard as well.

On 20/04/2018 at 1:28 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Rogue Legacy is a pretty tough one that I didn't see listed here on my short scan of the thread. It is on both PS3 and PS4 (although the trophy list is shared), and it should fill the bill.

I’ll second that, and add that Rogue Legacy is that rarest of beasts: a game that is both very difficult, but also fun all the way to the end, and never feels like a grind

Edited by DrBloodmoney

On 4/20/2018 at 7:03 AM, MMDE said:

Yeah, the .org ratings are often waaay off. If people feel they don't make it at first try, it's difficult, when if all they need to do is put a little bit more time into it and they'll make it just fine, meaning it's not that difficult. If it takes a lot of time, oh damn it's difficult, even if what they do in that time might be super easy. Or just a game with a genre a lot of people has never played which ends up at PS+ or something.

That seems very accurate. I think quite often people try to do it all as quick as possible so in as few playthroughs as needed. Even if mulitple playthroughs would make it way easier.

Take Deadpool. I didn't find it too difficult, there's a few challenging areas in it to be sure. I think I gave it a 4 or so. Yet reading on there about people thinking it was an 8 or something was ridiculous to me. If you save the highest difficulty trophy for a 2nd playthrough then it makes it soooo much easier (I would assume, given I didn't try it without doing it that way). Having all the upgrades obviously made it easier.

Multiple playthroughs add more playtime, but can make it less frustrating some times.

@ topic - Spec Ops: The Line? I don't have the plat, but I found even normal a challenge. I would like to plat it eventually. From what I remember it had no online trophies, despite having online.

Edited by Elvick_

I give you my personal most difficult single player games from my list:

Hard to platinum and 100%:

Catherine (PS3) - You dont need to be online for multiplayer trophies. However you need 2 controllers to get 1 or 2 multiplayer related trophies which can be done alone. If you hate puzzle game, this game will give you a very hard time. I am excited for Catherine Full Body which will be released at the end of this year. 

The Evil Within (PS3/PS4) - Curse you Akumu mode, curse youuuuu huhuhuhuhu. ?

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS3/PS4) - Countdown mode really annoys the hell out of me especially when you reach at certain checkpoint with time less than 10 seconds. You need to restart from the beginning of episode if that happens.

Hard to 100% but maybe easy/moderate to platinum:

Resident Evil 7 (PS4) - Right now the DLC games are having fun kicking my ass. Currently I manage to beat Night Terror and Ethan Must Die.

Batman Arkham City (PS3/PS4) - Catwoman, Nightwing and Robin DLCs give me hard time. I play PS3 version. I still dont decide to buy PS4 version or not.

Batman Arkham Knight (PS4) - I really want to kill those people who introduce Community Challenge Pack trophies. I rage very very hard during my attempt to get to Killer Croc or freeflow every round as fucking-slow Robin or easy-to-lose-combo Catwoman.

Edited by Shazarul1985
Add content