Camp Wannalottaplat

2 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

From my vantage point MissFantasy you are truly at a dangerous precipice. You clearly have a major decision to make, succumb to your OCD and become a boring completionist ruled by your fears, grinding meaningless bronze trophies for hours and fear to start anything new because of time, skills or just an ego centric belief that you are in complete control by finishing games like everything else in life (..... mmm sure ). Or you could flip the script and become that rare breed of trophy hunter. The happy one that plays everything, whenever and however they like because they long ago realised that investing time broadly is always far more appealing than the alternative.

What a choice right ? 

I play pretty much everything already. My problem is I can never decide which game I want to start. Some may say I'm a completionist, and for certain things I am but that's not the point. I play what I want to play and finish when I want and I really don't care about completing some games to 100%.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xMissFantasy said:

I play pretty much everything already. My problem is I can never decide which game I want to start. Some may say I'm a completionist, and for certain things I am but that's not the point. I play what I want to play and finish when I want and I really don't care about completing some games to 100%.

Ahh well then clearly you are not a completionist then. But don't worry you suddenly become far more interesting. ?

As for a suggestion of what to play I suggest playing " Playstation Roulette ", just turn on a console at random and play whatever randomly comes up. Now that is true fun. You just never know what to expect, I think you might enjoy it. I sure do.

Having some now unobtainable games on my profile meaning I can never get 100% turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Now if a game sucks I can just chuck it aside and not have to suffer because who cares? I’ll never get a full complete profile ever.

im looking at you LA Cops, Cast of the Seven Godsend redux, and Wolfenstein 2.

3 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Ahh well then clearly you are not a completionist then. But don't worry you suddenly become far more interesting. 1f600.png

As for a suggestion of what to play I suggest playing " Playstation Roulette ", just turn on a console at random and play whatever randomly comes up. Now that is true fun. You just never know what to expect, I think you might enjoy it. I sure do.

Not particularly lol and I'm not too sure about that one. All my games are listed under folders but who knows, maybe one day I'll do that.

@DoctorDrPepper I did LA Cops and it drove me nuts! Completely do-able but like Wolfenstein 2, you need a LOT of patience. :P Only, anyone who plats Wolfenstein 2 gets super kudos because I don't think I'd ever attempt that. >.>

13 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Not particularly lol and I'm not too sure about that one. All my games are listed under folders but who knows, maybe one day I'll do that.

Lol, I hope so, in the meantime don't let that OCD get you down just remember you are only a Playstation Roulette away from a stress free gaming choice 

I see this starts tomorrow, wow May flew past. Goodluck to everyone starting tomorrow and congrats to those Platinum Preppers who will finish tomorrow ?

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Having some now unobtainable games on my profile meaning I can never get 100% turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Now if a game sucks I can just chuck it aside and not have to suffer because who cares? I’ll never get a full complete profile ever.

im looking at you LA Cops, Cast of the Seven Godsend redux, and Wolfenstein 2.

Kind of the same for me. My profile was screwed before I ever paid attention to trophies. I dont think any are unobtainable, but there are many that are just not worth going for. I actually made a new profile for trophy hunting but decided that was a bad decision for me. I went back to this one after finishing just one game on the other. I decided I could be content getting everything to Rank A because it means I did more than most in all the games. I'm totally in for 100%ing anything I actually enjoy though. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Kind of the same for me. My profile was screwed before I ever paid attention to trophies. I dont think any are unobtainable, but there are many that are just not worth going for. I actually made a new profile for trophy hunting but decided that was a bad decision for me. I went back to this one after finishing just one game on the other. I decided I could be content getting everything to Rank A because it means I did more than most in all the games. I'm totally in for 100%ing anything I actually enjoy though. 

Next tme I can get onto a PS3 I'm goign to unhide all my trophies, I don't really care about completion percentage it will just be a tad annoying having so many games at such low percentages!

This sounds fun, I'm in!

S0b6750.png

Shoot Something: Horizon Zero Dawn (Aloy uses a bow to hunt machines)

Se5f7b6.png

Learn Something: God of War (Explores Greek mythology)

Sb2570d.png

Go Hiking: Mirror's Edge Catalyst (Centered around freerunning throughout a city)

S1ae6d8.png

Tell a Ghost Story: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (Involves zombie-like monsters)

S81536b.png

BONUS Summer Vacation: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (journey to exotic locations like Shangri-La, Tibet, Nepal)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

What about using a random number site? You can organize your list here by numbers, and copy/paste it to a site to see which game to start.

2 hours ago, eigen-space said:

@ladynadiad, which category did you have Period Cube in? If you see anything on my profile that you have in your backlog, I can let you know if it fits. It looks like we play a lot of the same games.

Edit:
Post 1000? WOW!

I put it down for Put on a Show because the protag's class in the game is a ministel and she plays her harp to deal with monsters, which is putting on a show in my eyes.  But I also didn't have all categories filled in, I just added what I know for sure I'm playing over the next few months and have a shot at getting the plat in since my original three games are all either easy or nearly done now.  It's really no big deal if I don't replace Period Cube, I just had to obviously remove it since I now have the plat and it's not eligible as a choice anymore.

12 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Well the answer is yes @Dragon-Archon ... FC Primal is very much alike FC3 (haven't played 4 but heard it's similar too). There are Bonfires (high places) to find, enemies bases with alarm systems (stealth approach suggested), character upgrading and an owl for spying on/tagging enemies... but at the same time i like the environment, the different people (cavemen) and how (way to easy) you can tame some predators :) And You can ride bears or mammoths :awesome:

Off Topic: Page 40 yeah :D

Hmm, a mammoth might be fun :hmm: . Still wish there was a dinosaur mount :P .

• Like 1

Sign me up..Sounds like fun. Not sure which categories I'll do but I'll at least get 3 of them done so I listed different options for myself

Make Friends: Eye Pet and Friends

Play A Sport: El Chavo Cart

Be A Hermit: National Geographic Challenge (lots of puzzles)

Survive: Alien Isolation

Ghost Story: Claire

Bonus Summer Vacation: AC Liberation

• Like 1

Hi there! I'd love to join as well if possible.

Wasn't 100% sure what I should play but having seen what other people are playing helped me go through my backlog.

Tell a Ghost Story: Murdered Soul Suspect.

Go Hiking: The Witcher 3.

Make Friends: Oxenfree.

BONUS Summer Vacation: Bully.

Edited by fishy10101
Typing is hard.
  • Like 1

Count me In!! I've decided to select some random categories from the list and here they are:

Go Hiking - Tearaway Unfolded (Lots of walking around outside collecting stuff in colorful environments.

Shoot something - Skyrim (I like using the bow in this game and leveling up my Archery skill).

Make something - The Last of Us Remastered (Crafting is available in this game and is incredibly useful in this post-apocalyptic world).

Learn something - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (An opportunity to learn about Indian Gods and culture).

Tell a Ghost Story - Until Dawn (Seems spooky with the killer along with the wendigos hunting you down throughout the game).

Get Tested - Bloodborne (Known to be fairly difficult and it's on my backlog so why not).

Be a Hermit - Oddworld: New & Tasty (This game is pure puzzle solving with a disturbing story).

Survive - Minecraft (Another game on my backlog all that you have to do in this game is survive which is done through crafting and exploring).

This sounds like a fun challenge, just hope I'm not too late to enter.

Edited by ObligatedOctopus
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Hmm, a mammoth might be fun :hmm: . Still wish there was a dinosaur mount :P .

You could call yourself Harry Dresden if there was. ??

I am ready for tomorrow already. That way I can return this lego game to the library. My plan is to get in my car to go to work, when I park, pull out my vita and farm the ten kill and bingo game one complete.

@xMissFantasy

I understand the dilemma of what to do next. Sometimes the decision freezes you and it takes a long time to get out ofnthe rut. I have to say doing competitions helps me, you have a smaller selection to get through. I also have a good sized backlog, played and unplayed. I have this event and halloween planned so I have taken the thought out of it. Unless I need a break from a longer game.

So right now I am recovering from major dental surgery(they removed a crown that was decaying and put it two implants, the pain is gone and the bleeding is staunched but I still have all of these dang surtures I have to remove and pills to take ?) so I spent the entire day after my dental trip fighting the pain and have started up Disgaea 5 again and got 38 trophies in it. I found GreenZSaber's guide to be most helpful even though it's basically for speedrunners. He states that you don't need more than 10 billion in all your stats to defeat Carnage Dark and get 10 billion in damage with a single hit so I am going to work on that, my sage *Palutena*(whoever gets the reference gets a ? :D) is already mastering her sub-classes.

In the meantime, I decided to keep it simple this event and not put too much into it. I do have an extra addition to my list but the three games which will earn me the medal remain the same: This will be my final list for the event, I don't plan on adding any new games.

1. Go Hiking: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  2. Get Tested: Teslagrad
  3. Survive: Dragon Quest Builders (Also under Make Something since you build houses and craft items)
  4. Make Friends: Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom (will start working on that after I platinum the above games)
  5. Summer Vacation: Reverie

I will start writing up a plan of attack for these game since I am so busy with Disgaea 5. After platinuming World of Final Fantasy, I wanted another big project and GreenZSaber's speed run of getting all of the trophies in Disgaea 5 in under 12 hours has me very impressed and hoping I can finally platinum a Disgaea game. (Anyone have thoughts about Disgaea 1 Complete which Nippon Ichi announced?)

Edited by SquidBaronet

Toogie,

Couple questions:

- what did I get myself into?? 40 pages before the event! 

- how did I get thrown into the cabin (4) with all the mischief makers? :P

Alright, here's my game picks, a couple new and a couple clean-up from the backlog.

Hike: Dear Esther

Shoot: Apotheon

Sport: Tour de France 2016

Hermit: Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

Survive: This War of Mine: The Little Ones

Lake: Abzu

Summer Vacation: Walden: A Game

I can't imagine any game that qualifies in more categories than Walden. A game based on Thoreau's 19th century camp for introverts. B) Here's hoping it's not broken when the game gets released this summer. 

• Like 1