Camp Wannalottaplat

5 minutes ago, Sardavanua said:

Some time has passed since my last post here. sadly I didn't find any time for my chosen games *sigh* 

But my prof finally announced my results today and it seems like I won't have any of 'em exams for the next freakin 4 1/2 months. so yeah, I have time for games now :yay:

Hooray for your freedom!! I'll get your list updated very soon. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dessane said:

Finally able to say I got some runs on the board. Knocked out the plat for Far Cry 3 this evening. I'm a big fan of the series in general and it was great fun to go back to the island. Also managed to sync it up so the last trophy was finishing the story. I like to do that when I can as it avoids my last taste if a game being a grind.

Nice one @Dessane! I hear you on the end game grind as Im working on the last trophy for Ghost Recon Wildlands and its a useless grind to upgrade all perks. No bearing on the game as already finished the campaigns through with @Toogie53 last week. Its so mind numbingly boring and makes me want to take a large break before I tackle the DLC. Kind of a shame as I really enjoyed the game until now. Oh well, should have it complete on the books this weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xMissFantasy said:

Finished Farming Sim last night; that makes three of my main picks finished. Just need to knock out my bonus now! I almost feel like I should remove Oxenfree though and save it for the next event or something.. I've been trying to avoid anything that could relate to Halloween so I can build up a list super early and just focus on some of my other backlogged games in the meantime. 

Often wondered about the farming sims and would love to hear your take on this one. Is it worth a play?

#Killingit! Go Cab#1

52 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Often wondered about the farming sims and would love to hear your take on this one. Is it worth a play?

#Killingit! Go Cab#1

I've played 15 twice to stack lists and have 17 but haven't started it yet. I find it's something to play casually when you just want to relax. Tbh, when I grabbed it on PS3, I thought 'I'll give it a try' even though I never thought I'd actually enjoy it (used to hate on it lol.) The only downfall is you can't earn trophies in multiplayer, which is stupid but, if you like any sort of farming game, I think it's worth a go. 

2 hours ago, Izul said:

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed by Atelier Sophie because there's definitely something missing without the strict time limit from the previous games. Game felt a bit pointless so far.  

I felt the same way about Sophie as well. Just didn't feel like the game was "enough". Like, didn't seem like they added anything to compensate for what they took away. Firis feels worse. But then it gets so much better with Lydie & Suelle. It's like they took some of the really good things about Rorona and put a new spin on it... and the character development is fantastic. So even if they took away the time limit, it feels like they balanced it appropriately by the third game :)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I accidentally overwrote the Event Entry information during my last update. Did anyone happen to save a copy of this? If so, PM me. If not, I can redo it and it's no biggie. Thank you!

@SyIaris has helped me out. Once again, I really appreciate it! 

@Toogie53 Thanks for the add and welcome back!

Convenient laziness from making my list, is all.  :P

Finished Assassin's Creed Origins and I'll be trying to get Plants vs Zombies wrapped up today.

Can't say AC was what I expected, but wow - I absolutely loved it, especially coming straight off of Assassin's Creed 3 and the stoic and bland lead that was Connor. They switched up the combat quite a bit, removing the standard block-and-counter from the older games and using something more fluid; frankly, between that and the leveling system, it felt a lot like Skyrim with AC features thrown in. That opinion has nothing to do with playing a sneaky stabby build in most runs.  :awesome:

Gorgeous landscapes as long as you're not smack dab in the middle of a desert, better storyline than the last couple I've played... the only complaint I have is clearing out the map was a little ridiculous. It could have really used better visibility for the ?s or a checkmark if a zone was finished on the fully zoomed-out map.

Very enjoyable game overall, happy I got a chance to play it earlier than planned.  :)

That said, having gone from Assassin's Creed 3 to Assassin's Creed Origins... I don't think I can't handle another Ubisoft gotta-find-'em-all, so I traded Far Cry 5 in to pick up when it goes cheaper. Going to need to figure out the rest of my list too. :hmm:

Oh, that reminds me - I think someone posted about needing help with PS3 Far Cry 3's co-op? Can't promise I'd be any good, but I think the disc's still around somewhere if that's still needed.

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 2

I havent updated in a while, so here is my latest update. I’d be like two more platinums ahead if Fallout Shelter hadn’t come out for free a couple days ago. That game has ruined my ability to concentrate on anything else for more than a couple hours before I need to stop and check back in on my vault.

8 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I havent updated in a while, so here is my latest update. I’d be like two more platinums ahead if Fallout Shelter hadn’t come out for free a couple days ago. That game has ruined my ability to concentrate on anything else for more than a couple hours before I need to stop and check back in on my vault.

I am really interested in Fallout Shelter too. My daughter just installed it on our Switch because I haven't got very many games on that. But I'd do it on the PS4, for trophies of course. I've already got myself doing a bunch of games on the side so this will have to wait until Fall at the earliest. 

Edited by Toogie53

Hey all. I'm going to drop the non-responsive people that have not given a list yet (I told them if they provided a list, they'd be right back in). Also, I'm sneaking one more camper into cabin #6. So please welcome @coolsnowvil They are also a new account and have restrictions on the number of posts currently. So they can't speak for themselves. However, they intend to play FF13, Akiba's Trip, Bioshock or Bioshock Infinite. However, they would like people to look at their profile and make some suggestions. So please help out, if you can. 

Edited by Toogie53

53 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I am really interested in Fallout Shelter too. My daughter just installed it on our Switch because I haven't got very many games on that. But I'd do it on the PS4, for trophies of course. I've already got myself doing a bunch of games on the side so this will have to wait until Fall at the earliest. 

I got Fallout Shelter ready to go too but kinda want to finish up Adventure Capitalist first. Doing it without console date manipulation so its taking a long while.

Really don't mind a game where you pop on for 10 mins then leave it for a day.

@coolsnowvil here are some suggestions based on games I know about.

• Make Friends - FF13. They all seem to do with making friends with people and saving the world haha 
  • Hang out at the Lake - Bioshock 
  • Play a Sport - We have a couple of people doing Tekken 6 for fighting/MMA as a sport.
  • Go Hiking - Genesis Collection - Sonic, streets of rage etc. 
  • Shoot Something -Bioshock Infinite 
  • Make Something - Kingdom Hearts - You synthesize items which is essentially crafting
  • Learn Something -  AC2. Although you hadn't joined yet, this was finished within the event dates. so you can count it as a plat done. 
  • Put on a Show - Guitar Hero Hits.
  • Tell a Ghost Story - Akiba's Trip - I think you are fighting vampires or something in that game. 
  • Get Tested - Catherine. It's hard and the dreams are kind of like mini-games
  • Be a Hermit - Tales from the Borderlands - being vague to avoid spoilers, but one character is a lone wolf type for a while. 
  • Survive -  The Walking Dead
  • BONUS - Summer Vacation - Dead Island. Its tropical and Id want to vacation there if it weren't for zambies. 
Edited by Toogie53

Just now, Toogie53 said:

I think you are fighting vampires or something in that game

You are fighting vampires and you have undress them to kill them unless they are humans then they run away in their underwear and you fight cops too.

@coolsnowvil

I'm going to suggest multiple categories for the games I know about. Just remember that you can only use a game once :) 

FFX - Play a sport, Go hiking, make friends, hang out at the lake, tell a ghost story

FFX-2 - Put on a show, shoot something

FFXIII - Go hiking, get tested, make something, make friends, shoot something

Unfinished Swan - Shoot something, go hiking, hang out at the lake, be a hermit

5 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

@coolsnowvil

I'm going to suggest multiple categories for the games I know about. Just remember that you can only use a game once :) 

FFX - Play a sport, Go hiking, make friends, hang out at the lake, tell a ghost story

This could work for the Hang out at the lake as well, what with Blitzball and all the time they spend in the ocean or around it.

Does anyone know the specifics on how limitations on new accounts work? I've seen it talked about here and there, but I've never actually seen it spelled out in clear language and it really should go into the newcomer's guide post that's stickied. But I think we've already had four or five campers impacted by those rules and I'd like to be able to explain things better in the future. 

Edited by Toogie53

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Hey all. I'm going to drop the non-responsive people that have not given a list yet (I told them if they provided a list, they'd be right back in). Also, I'm sneaking one more camper into cabin #6. So please welcome @coolsnowvil They are also a new account and have restrictions on the number of posts currently. So they can't speak for themselves. However, they intend to play FF13, Akiba's Trip, Bioshock or Bioshock Infinite. However, they would like people to look at their profile and make some suggestions. So please help out, if you can. 

Welcome to Camp @coolsnowvil! Got you ready to add to main post once you post your game picks. :awesome:?

5 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Does anyone know the specifics on how limitations on new accounts work? I've seen it talked about here and there, but I've never actually seen it spelled out in clear language and it really should go into the newcomer's guide post that's stickied. But I think we've already had four or five campers impacted by those rules and I'd like to be able to explain things better in the future. 

Wait, what newcomers rules? I've heard nothing about this. :blink: