Camp Wannalottaplat

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I feel sorry for your wife for having to deal with children by herself :lol: .

worse yet, Japan is trying to promote haneda as an international airport so they got rid of the direct flight option to Narita, which was super convenient as they offer flights to Sendai, our "hometown" in japan...haneda has the direct flight from Canada but no local to sendai...meaning, yay, she gets to transfer 4 times vs the previous 2 adding 10 hours to total travel time...fortunately our two kids are angels when it comes to flying so she should be ok...

in case it wasn't obvious, my wife is Japanese, our kids born there, so plenty of family support once she lands...tons of aunts, uncles, cousins, plus their grandma, and great grandma...all super-duper awesome and we're all really close...again, aside from the nightmare flight, which I think is worse on us than the kids, she should be fine...

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

@Cassylvania - I think you're nuts for considering the KH plat in this amount of time, unless you are playing the PS4 version and even that is still quite nuts.  100+ hours for most of the trophies and then 1-2 more playthroughs on higher difficulties.  I'm not adding it to my list because I honestly doubt I'm getting the plat before this is over and I just finished my first playthrough.

I'm nuts for a lot more reasons than that.

The time issue is a concern, though. Obviously I reserve the right to switch to a shorter game if we're nearing the end of the event and I'm nowhere near finishing KH. But, the way I see it, all of my remaining games are short. If I can reserve the ENTIRE MONTH OF JULY for KH, I should be okay.

Besides, if I don't start the series now, when will I? After this event, I'll be back to playing horror games for a couple of months, and then we got the holidays, and then it'll be 2019. Do I really need another year of excuses and delays? No! We got Sony for that.

(That said, I'll definitely be looking at you guys for tips. I'm calling for a temporary truce with Cabin #4.)

@Kristycism is a boss for reaching 100%! And with such an epic game too. Congrats.

1 minute ago, Kent said:

@Cassylvania You're doing the PS4 version right? That can be done in 60-70 hours if you know what you're doing and I'm always willing to help. :D

Yup. Once I saw the PS4 version was much shorter, I was sold.

I don't even mind if the game is 100+ hours. I just don't like multiple playthroughs. Unless there's an increase in difficulty or something, I usually don't like playing through a game more than once. But KH seems okay. I'm content with getting all but one trophy in a single playthrough, and then beating it on the hardest difficulty.

I might begin the game as soon as next week. For now, though, I need to start wrapping up Dark Souls and The Lost Legacy. The freer July is, the better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Yup. Once I saw the PS4 version was much shorter, I was sold.

I don't even mind if the game is 100+ hours. I just don't like multiple playthroughs. Unless there's an increase in difficulty or something, I usually don't like playing through a game more than once. But KH seems okay. I'm content with getting all but one trophy in a single playthrough, and then beating it on the hardest difficulty.

I might begin the game as soon as next week. For now, though, I need to start wrapping up Dark Souls and The Lost Legacy. The freer July is, the better.

Yeah, I'm doing the PS3 version because I started it way before I had a PS4 and the PS4 version even existed.  In PS3 the difficulty trophies don't stack.  Keep in mind that I played this on PS2 as well.  Also, it's far from my favorite series, so my patience for that many playthroughs is a bit more limited.  I plan on getting it to an A rank and then moving on to my next D ranked game.

I think a big tip that I can give is to not worry about getting all the treasure chests the first time you visit an area.  Play on beginner first and go for unchanging armor and undefeated.  Play the game blind and just grab what you see and kill any heartless you meet up with.  Just keep on doing that until you beat the game.  Beginner is easy enough that as long as you don't avoid fights, you'll be strong enough to fight anything even with your initial equipment.  I just got the unchanging armor and undefeated trophies last night, I didn't even need to whip out any items on the final boss.  But I can give tips as needed since I'm playing it now and on PS2 I did accomplish much of the side stuff, just didn't have the patience to grind enough to be able to beat Sephiroth.

And yeah, KH seems more doable than KH2.  KH2 has some insane requirements for its plat.

• Like 1

Ugh.. I forgot how stupid that conversation trophy in The Last of Us is. Had to spend a few hours chapter selecting and retriggering the majority of them, before finally finding the one that failed to register. Hoping to not struggle too much with Grounded Mode, so I only have to do one more playthrough. 

Camp update #2: Got my first platinum in summer camp!  Add one for Cabin 9!  After playing Jak & Daxter again, I remembered how much I enjoyed the game (even on the less than perfect Vita port) and managed to complete it a second time, earning myself the plat!  I've also finished two runs of RE7 and only have the Madhouse run left.  I'm hoping I can finish that one soon but I may struggle a bit.  Hopefully should have that one finished before the end of the week!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

worse yet, Japan is trying to promote haneda as an international airport so they got rid of the direct flight option to Narita, which was super convenient as they offer flights to Sendai, our "hometown" in japan...haneda has the direct flight from Canada but no local to sendai...meaning, yay, she gets to transfer 4 times vs the previous 2 adding 10 hours to total travel time...fortunately our two kids are angels when it comes to flying so she should be ok...

in case it wasn't obvious, my wife is Japanese, our kids born there, so plenty of family support once she lands...tons of aunts, uncles, cousins, plus their grandma, and great grandma...all super-duper awesome and we're all really close...again, aside from the nightmare flight, which I think is worse on us than the kids, she should be fine...

Lord! I thought I was nuts for booking a flight for my family (I have two kids) to Hawaii with a connection in LAX. Four transfers?!? Your wife should be enshrined into the Pantheon of Travel Parents. 

Almost done with Demon Gaze II, defeated the post-game boss and just have to find the remaining collectibles. Also started the post-post-game DLC that's included with the English version and it's nice to visit locations of the first game and see how the characters are doing. Even some OST from the first game is back :dance: .

10 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

Damn, I already hate it when it's necessary to transfer with public transport in cities. Transferring that many times with planes is insane :jaymon: .

• Like 1

Cabin #5 is the cabin with less progress? ?

Well, good news. I platinumed Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and I progressed into Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (almost finishing the story, and halfway in the multiplayer grind).

I would like add in my event backlog for the Hang out at the Lake category, Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC, which I have been progressing for now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Caju_94 said:

Cabin #5 is the cabin with less progress? ?

Well, good news. I platinumed Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and I progressed into Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (almost finishing the story, and halfway in the multiplayer grind).

I would like add in my event backlog for the Hang out at the Lake category, Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC, which I have been progressing for now.

Congrats man, nice one. Respect for platting a Seran Kagura game, I always get distracted and then can't play because of chafing.

I think Toogie might be neglecting our Cabin, I platted a game last week too. I don't blame him though I couldn't even find it on my profile ?

14 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

Cabin #5 is the cabin with less progress? 1f622.png

Cabin 5 is on a roll right now :) 

I guess I will finish the Story of Ys VIII at the Weekend  but I Need some more time for the nightmare playthrough and the collection trophies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

How is the game so far?

Absolutly amazing so far. I enjoy it a lot and the gameplay is addictive like every Ys game before :) It´s my 4th game of the series, played two (Oath of Felghana an Origin) on my PC and Celceta on my Vita. Didn´t have a platinum in Celceta, not sure why anymore but I guess I missed one chest and was really annoyed to go through all the chests again :D maybe I pick it up on a later Point.

It´s perfect for my Vita Summer :) Not sad that I´m not playing it on PS4. Your guide is also coming Handy for the missable stuff so thanks for that.

Edited by Inuty
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Inuty said:

Absolutly amazing so far. I enjoy it a lot and the gameplay is addictive like every Ys game before :) It´s my 4th game of the series, played two (Oath of Felghana an Origin) on my PC and Celceta on my Vita. Didn´t have a platinum in Celceta, not sure why anymore but I guess I missed one chest and was really annoyed to go through all the chests again :D maybe I pick it up on a later Point.

It´s perfect for my Vita Summer :) Not sad that I´m not playing it on PS4. Your guide is also coming Handy for the missable stuff so thanks for that.

Glad to know you're enjoying it, it's a great game.

How is the story in Origin? I found Lacrimosa of Dana a huge improvement over Memories of Celceta and I've been waiting for Origin to go on sale.

50 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

How is the story in Origin? I found Lacrimosa of Dana a huge improvement over Memories of Celceta and I've been waiting for Origin to go on sale.

I've played every game in the series and Origin remains one of my favorites.  It's a bit lighter in the story and much more gameplay focused but it is a good story.  However, the story is very heavily related to the story in I and II and will spoil some elements of I and II if you haven't played them.  Origin story and gameplay wise is a lot more like Oath in Felghana and Ark of Napishtim, if you've played those, where the story is good, but it mostly exists to take you to the next area for more gameplay.  It's also going to be the hardest plat in the series on PSN.

2 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I've played every game in the series and Origin remains one of my favorites.  It's a bit lighter in the story and much more gameplay focused but it is a good story.  However, the story is very heavily related to the story in I and II and will spoil some elements of I and II if you haven't played them.  Origin story and gameplay wise is a lot more like Oath in Felghana and Ark of Napishtim, if you've played those, where the story is good, but it mostly exists to take you to the next area for more gameplay.  It's also going to be the hardest plat in the series on PSN.

Maybe you'd be a good resource to actually tell me in what order to play these games xD 

1L8dfed1.png

Dude..... I really hated my time with this one. I didn't hate the game itself because its genuinely smart and witty and creative and reasonably funny at times, but all the things I hated just kept getting worse and worse. The beginning was absolutely fine and of course I excused a lot of flaws because you kinda have to for a game that's more than a decade old, but in the second half it just started to fall apart for me. I collected everything yesterday but stopped before the final boss, I seriously needed a break. I was ready to deliver a full hate speech, but after a night of sleep I recollected myself and thought that its really not the game itself, its just awful for me to play nowadays. And just as the cherry on top..... the sound crashed on the bonus cutscene for collecting everything and I had to skip it because it sounded like ripping my TV speakers apart :D 

But on another note.... with this game I earned the second of them sweet sweet badges :holy: But of course I'll keep going, and not just because in our last cabin meeting Cassy announced one spank on the butt for each incomplete game by the end of this event :spank: Gotta work that down just a little bit...

4 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Maybe you'd be a good resource to actually tell me in what order to play these games xD 

I would be all ears as well :P I just played Dana as well, but this series always seemed to be a nice timesink. They were always pretty "expensive" to just try them without knowing anything about them tho.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eigen-space said:

Well, it boils down to it mostly doesn't matter but there's a few that should be played before others.

I'd never recommend a newbie start with I and II, but you do want to play I before II.  Origin can be played before I and II, but a big part of I and II is Adol finding out the truth of things, and Origin pretty much is the truth of the events that led up to I and II.  And while this isn't as major of an issue, I'd recommend playing Ark of Napishtim before Seven.  Seven has some references to Ark that are blatant spoilers, but otherwise the stories aren't related.

For a complete newbie, what I recommend for a first game depends on what platform you're playing on.  On PSN, Memories of Celceta and Lacrimosa of Dana are both good starting points, but I'd probably go with recommending Memories of Celceta first since it's really one of the best starting points in the whole series.  For PC players, I tend to recommend starting with Ark of Napishtim or Oath in Felghana.

Outside of that, play in whatever order you want.  My first game was III back on SNES (the game Oath in Felghana is a remake of), second was Ark of Napishtim.  I played the games mostly in the order they came to the US because I've been into the series for a long time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It´s a Long time ago I played Origin so I hope I don´t give you incorrect Information. This was the first Ys I played but I don´t think this was an issue. This is the only game of the the Ys games I played that you don´t Play as Adol. So storywise you don´t miss anything or Need other Background Information. You have the choice between 2 an after that 1 additional character to select from the start. So no switching of characters here in this game. 1 playthrough is with one character and the occuring Events in the game are changíng depending on that. Sadly the layout of the Tower will stay the same and the Monster also. Bosses are a bit different but not all. So if you don´t mind Play some passages again the game is absolutly fine. But as someone who has already finish the other games I guess you will have an enjoyable time with this game.

15 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

All Ys games are playable without playing the other entries in my opinion because all have there own Story without knowledge about what happens in the other games. Sure sometime they talk a few dialogs about the other games but nothing what you Need to know for this adventure. You can compare it to a good stand alone adventure! (Or thats my opinion so far)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ladynadiad said:

For a complete newbie, what I recommend for a first game depends on what platform you're playing on.  On PSN, Memories of Celceta and Lacrimosa of Dana are both good starting points, but I'd probably go with recommending Memories of Celceta first since it's really one of the best starting points in the whole series.  For PC players, I tend to recommend starting with Ark of Napishtim or Oath in Felghana.

I wouldn't venture outside of PS3/4/Vita... so it sounds like it might be Celceta --> Dana --> Origins....... ?

3 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I wouldn't venture outside of PS3/4/Vita... so it sounds like it might be Celceta --> Dana --> Origins....... ?

sounds like a good plan if you want to Focus on PSN only. Origin can be played before or after the other two games. But remember that Origins is older and the gameplay could be a bit different