Camp Wannalottaplat

So a total bummer, I loaded up Guitar Hero Live and it told me my save was corrupted so that all my progress would be deleted, except for my level progress and coins for online portion. Everything else zeroed out. I managed to redownload an old save from the ps us cloud and played some online songs to try to get closer to the 100 songs. Aftet I was done and I exited out it told me again that I had a corrupted save. So I lost all the progress I just did for the last two hous as I redownloaded the cloud save again. Not sure at this point if I am going to keep

this game for the challenge or make a swap. I dont have much else in my stock that fits this category.

4 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

So a total bummer, I loaded up Guitar Hero Live and it told me my save was corrupted so that all my progress would be deleted, except for my level progress and coins for online portion. Everything else zeroed out. I managed to redownload an old save from the ps us cloud and played some online songs to try to get closer to the 100 songs. Aftet I was done and I exited out it told me again that I had a corrupted save. So I lost all the progress I just did for the last two hous as I redownloaded the cloud save again. Not sure at this point if I am going to keep

this game for the challenge or make a swap. I dont have much else in my stock that fits this category.

If youre talking about the make a show category, wouldnt  south park Work? I mean it's all pretend stuff anyways and that's kind of putting on a show

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

If youre talking about the make a show category, wouldnt  south park Work? I mean it's all pretend stuff anyways and that's kind of putting on a show

Yeah, it would make sense I think. I saw the second one in your profile and that's the less annoying one, so if you still have it it should be an OK idea @kingofbattle8174

I do have both South Park games, so that is a possibility. I also have FF9 but I don't know if I could finish it in time. I was also looking at Persona 4: Dancing All Night. I just got paid so I could look to see how much it is. I have not played any of the Persona Games yet, would it be too spoilery to play this one before Golden? Another Idea is to move Tokyo Xanadu to Put on a Show and add a new game to make friends.

@Toogie53So I have decided to name a game for every category even though there is probably no chance I can complete them all. I figure it'll give me something to shoot for and it will keep me from having to bother you several times to add games as I finish. There is no penalty for games we don't finish right? I won't add them all if it will hurt the Cabin's chances. Anyways here goes:

• Make Friends - Pic-A-Pix Color
  • Hang out at the Lake - Ratchet and Clank
  • Play a Sport - MLB the Show 18
  • Go Hiking - Valkyria Chronicles (Completed)
  • Shoot Something - Shadow of War
  • Make Something - Dark Souls Remastered
  • Learn Something - Mulaka
  • Put on a Show - Fe
  • Tell a Ghost Story - Until Dawn
  • Get Tested - Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • Be a Hermit - Space Hulk
  • Survive - The Banner Saga
  • BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation - Tales From the Borderlands 

I don't think I will be needing to make any changes (unless I hurt the team!)

Thank you!

@donut_plz Thanks for the info!

7 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I think I'm going to swap with Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection. I've been wanting to play Fe for a while now and didn't think about it for this category.

I'm hoping its acceptable for this category. I read in the reviews that you do a lot of singing to progress through the game so I thought it might fit, but I'm not sure that is exactly what Toogie meant for this category.

Edited by Br1ste

4 minutes ago, Br1ste said:

@donut_plz Thanks for the info!

I'm hoping its acceptable for this category. I read in the reviews that you do a lot of singing to progress through the game so I thought it might fit, but I'm not sure that is exactly what Toogie meant for this category.

It sounds like it will probably work. That's close enough. If it turns out it doesn't, just post about it and let others know so more don't swap to it. But I'm fine with people picking games based on what they think it is, because its hard to know everything about all games.I think I said something about this in the entry rules. I'd only veto if I know the game and don't think it didn't fit the category at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toogie53 said:

It sounds like it will probably work. That's close enough. If it turns out it doesn't, just post about it and let others know so more don't swap to it. But I'm fine with people picking games based on what they think it is, because its hard to know everything about all games.I think I said something about this in the entry rules. I'd only veto if I know the game and don't think it didn't fit the category at all.

You did have something in the rules about being somewhat liberal in the guidelines for if a game qualifies or not which is why I thought it might be able to slip in. I have The Banner Saga next up on the platter, but then I will be doing Fe so I'll make sure to let you know if its too much of a stretch.

6 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I wouldn't venture outside of PS3/4/Vita... so it sounds like it might be Celceta --> Dana --> Origins....... ?

Celceta is one of the best Vita games I have played would recommend, some old Dragon wrote a pretty decent guide from memory.

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I do have both South Park games, so that is a possibility. I also have FF9 but I don't know if I could finish it in time. I was also looking at Persona 4: Dancing All Night. I just got paid so I could look to see how much it is. I have not played any of the Persona Games yet, would it be too spoilery to play this one before Golden? Another Idea is to move Tokyo Xanadu to Put on a Show and add a new game to make friends.

P4DAN is pretty good, straightforward rhythm game. Fun and not to long either. Would recommend.

15 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

nevermind about the change-- the "singing" in the game is more like howling rather than actual singing. It's too much of a stretch for me, but it's up to personal interpretation, I suppose.

I'll let you know when I get to it if you want to hold off on doing that particular category for a couple of weeks. I based my decision to put it in this category based on this review: https://stevivor.com/reviews/fe-review-singing-your-way-to-obscurity/ If this person's description of the singing is embellished and it feels like too much of a stretch, I'll pick something else as well.

3 minutes ago, Br1ste said:

I'll let you know when I get to it if you want to hold off on doing that particular category for a couple of weeks. I based my decision to put it in this category based on this review: https://stevivor.com/reviews/fe-review-singing-your-way-to-obscurity/ If this person's description of the singing is embellished and it feels like too much of a stretch, I'll pick something else as well.

I wouldn't trust anyone who can't "differenciate" between correct and incorrect spellings of words in their conclusions....

(sorry, just really irked me to see that...)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I wouldn't trust anyone who can't "differenciate" between correct and incorrect spellings of words in their conclusions....

(sorry, just really irked me to see that...)

lol I didn't read the whole thing. I had seen enough from trailers to know it was something I'd be into. I just googled Fe singing PS4 to see if it was a big enough part of the game to maybe qualify. I moved on after the second paragraph since it validated what I was looking for.

I played Fe recently. It is kinda howling rather than singing, but you do have to learn various creatures' songs/howls, and you do sing/howl a lot during the game. When I played it I did think of it as singing (it seemed more cute), but now that you say "howling" I do think that's probably a better description. Though it is in various pitches and there are some small melodies (a few seconds each) that the creature howls to.

It's a great game and I'd highly recommend it, but it probably fits under Go Hiking or Learn Something (a big part of the game is learning what's going on in the world, and there's optional (not required for collectibles) collectibles that help you learn about the story even more) more than Put on a Show. Or even Make Friends, as that's important in the game.

EDIT: That's not to say it doesn't fit under Put on a Show at all though. Like I said, I personally considered it singing when I was playing it, and if I were to pick now, I'd still call it singing rather than howling. It fits more under the other categories I mentioned, but it is still singing to me.

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 2

@Kristycism Thanks for the first hand account! I would agree that it probably fits better under some other categories, I was just struggling to find something I wanted to do for that category. I guess it depends on whether you feel the Fe 'puts on a show' when singing/howling to the other creatures in the forest. I'm glad you enjoyed it and now I'm looking forward to it even more!

1S0ced04.png

:platinum: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

First platinum for me of the event! And MY GOD am I glad to be done with this. I'm going to have missing Tech Orb related anxiety nightmares for nights to come. It would be a full 100% but then they had to go and add more collectibles in the DLC and lemme tell ya', I just don't feel like putting myself through all that right now. Which is too bad, because I actually really love the story of this game, and I was glad I got to experience it again since it had been about seven years since I played it the first time.

Trophies earned from this event:

:platinum: 1   :gold: 3   :silver: 4   :bronze: 19

• Like 4

I think you guys worry too much about finding perfect matches for a category. It just needs to kind of fit. You basically just need to have a game that is not completely bereft of the category at hand. I mean I do want you to match it up as best you can. However, ultimately, I want you to be able to play things you are interested in and not have to buy games to find something that works. 

For Put on a Show, the game doesn't have to center around music or something to work. It's true I had something like Guitar Hero in mind when I thought it up, but there's a lot of flexibility. You don't have to go for a game where put on a show is the best fitting category for the game. A performance just needs to be there in some form. I think my choice ended up Beyond: Two Souls because there is a scene where she borrows a guitar and sings on the street trying to make a few dollars to buy some food. It's like one minute of a 10-hour story and relatively unimportant, but it is there and I think it's a strong match for the category. A Way Out has a trophy where you sit and play an instrument for like 30 seconds. Count it! Broken Age, you can reprogram the little hexagon guys so they dance. Count it! Transistor - Main character is a singer. Ding! Deadly Tower of Monsters you're literally starring in a 50's B level sci-fi movie. Nailed it! Bastion, you rescue an NPC that sings a lot. That works! Back to the Future - Marty plays the guitar for like 10 seconds. Put it in! Saint's Row has mini game shows or moments where you sing in the car with your friends. Either would do. Overwatch has dance emotes - You're stretching, but still works. @Br1ste I think Fe works. You howl little melodies to communicate with things in the game. 

This is mostly pointed at @eigen-space but I am currently playing Blue Reflection which she has played. It's kind of a mix of a visual novel and turn-based RPG. However, it seems to be a good fit too. You have a couple of the girls that do some ballet for each other, one that is practicing for a piano recital, trips to a karaoke bar, and stuff like that. Most of the time, being a visual novel, it's skipping over the actual performance part. Like it shows you standing in front of the karaoke bar talking about your songs and performances with your friends. One girl even wants to be a journalist so she does interviews of students for the school's radio show. I'd still think that is enough to work for the category. Any of those elements isolated would be enough. Despite all of those performing elements to this game, I would not say it defines this game even a little bit. It's just something that happens along the way. If someone asked me to describe Blue Reflection I would probably talk about how you fight demons that attack peoples emotions and are a cute anime girl that's in high school. It could also work for sports because there is swimming competitions and stuff like that. So it can fit much harder to fill categories besides Make Friends.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 4